Todd Where Are You?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ronflugelguy, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek Thread Starter

2. Ronflugelguy

Todd where are you? 555es Question

Can I program random tracks off of five cd changer, and automatically record on to my standalone burner? Or will there be gaps as the discs change?

3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Ron,

There will be gaps. I suggest that you be in the pilot seat when you make any CD-R's. Let autopilot take control when you have some friends over or your too tired to bother. I was doing some cleaning tonight (I'm throwing my first small get together in my new place Friday night) and I had the player on shuffle (naughty me). It's strange how it will dominate to a disc or two and then start reconizing other ones later after some time. It took at least 2 hours until it acknowledged the 4th disc (the only one ignored by this time). I guess these players never truly do a "random" thing. Anyway, I suggest you do the CD-R manually, less chance of screw-ups or long pre-song gaps...

Todd

P.S. 'Stardust' is growing on me (Willie's voice)...

4. Ronflugelguy

Thanks, Todd, I kinda thought that would be the outcome. Alas, no easy compilation route.........Oh well....................

5. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Well, Ron, look at it like this, you can still program the player to switch the tracks but you just need to be at the helm to get the timing tighter. Experiment, you might find a better way of doing it...

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.