Tom Cruise Has Three 'Obscene' Stunts Planned For Mission: Impossible 7

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Turnaround, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

I KNOW, right?
    Now, if he's gonna pull a 'G.G. Allen' and do something with his excrement....:biglaugh:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

Go straight to 6. Awesome action picture, truly.

Lownote30 likes this.
  3. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

"Born on the Fourth of July" and "Magnolia" have the moving performances.

Tom Cruise's career has been phenomenal. As much as I liked MI6, I will definitely see this next installment unless the review info suggests it's a dud.

4. HaileyMcComet

HaileyMcComet Forum Resident

The problem with Magnolia is that Tom is up against Philip Baker Hall, Melora Walters, John C Reilly, Melinda Dillon, Jeremy Blackman, Luis Guzman, Julianne Moore, Jason Robards, Philip Seymour Hoffman, April Grace, Michael Murphy, William H Macy, Alfred Molina, Henry Gibson, Ricky Jay and more than a few others. I don't fault him for not standing out in that crowd.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

He still does, though, IMO of course.

6. Jimmy Disco D

Jimmy Disco D Forum Resident

I wouldn’t go that far.

johnod and HaileyMcComet like this.
  7. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

how much money is it going to take to digitally remove the walker from his scenes?

8. I’m just excited that Hawley Atwell is in the next two MI films. Great actress

9. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Post of the year, at least. Brilliant.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  10. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

At least half of whatever Tom does is utter bobbins, but has done some good stuff.

One of the least likely people I'd like to be stuck in a lift with though, or go for a pint with. Absolute cretin

Jimmy Disco D and Chris DeVoe like this.
  11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

[​IMG]

Mazzy likes this.
  12. Yum

Karnak and chacha like this.
  13. HaileyMcComet

And your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's. For what it's worth, I think this site needs more positivity and less pissing on things that people like.

14. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Gotta respect Tom for dedication to his craft by doing his own stuntwork.

As for the MI movies: started strongly with #1, #2 was a stinker, but #3 and beyond keep getting better and better.

--Geoff

Purple and Bluesman Mark like this.
  15. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

And, for what it's worth, my opinion as to the latter sentiment is that you are exactly right. :cheers:

Pete Puma, HaileyMcComet and Karnak like this.
  16. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Oh, I can think of one...

[​IMG]

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

I will be in the cinama to see it Tom!

18. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

As long as he's taking the chance and the only one getting hurt then I'm fine with it.

But once he enters Arnold/Sly area - where stunt people are being killed for The Expendables -- then I'm out on him.

I think he'll get there before he can admit he's getting to old to do the same things.

19. Bluesman Mark

Bluesman Mark I'm supposed to put something witty here....

Actually, since 5 & 6 have interconnecting characters & storylines, those tow need to be seen back to back.

Personally, & I love all of them except MI2, (which is a real misfire on director John Woo's watch), I've found the odd numbered ones a bit more satisfying than the even numbered ones. 3 is a standout if for no other reason than Philip Seymour Hoffman makes the best villain in the series up until Sean Harris as Solomon Lane in 5 & 6. How good do I think MI3 is? I disliked MI2 so much that I was extremely hesitant to even watch 3. I'm glad I took the chance though. Excellent paced & plotted. MI4 is also pretty damned good. Brad Bird does a great job directing it.

Purple and SBurke like this.
  20. HaileyMcComet

Did he phone that one in? It was not his best performance, but I don't remember it being his worst.

Actually, what I remember the most from that movie was Cuba Gooding winning an Oscar, for some reason.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  21. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member Thread Starter

Not Mission Impossible, but Dateline is reporting hearing that Tom Cruise is working on project to shoot an action movie in space! I wonder what they could do for the audience visually that makes it different than what can be done on Earth with special effects.

Deadline: Out Of This World! Tom Cruise Plots Movie To Shoot In Space With Elon Musk’s SpaceX

EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that Tom Cruise and Elon Musk’s Space X are working on a project with NASA that would be the first narrative feature film – an action adventure – to be shot in outer space. It’s not a Mission: Impossible film and no studio is in the mix at this stage but look for more news as I get it. But this is real, albeit in the early stages of liftoff.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    budwhite and longdist01 like this.
  22. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Ron Howard shot scenes in zero G for Apollo 13 back in 1995 in an airplane doing parabolas (aka "The Vomit Comet".) Not sure exactly what actually shooting in space would accomplish that zero-G in a plane cabin lined with a green screen wouldn't.

HaileyMcComet and BeatleJWOL like this.
  23. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

I thought the insurance company needs to OK dangerous stunts?

24. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

I can only hope that the director and the actual stars will be the only ones hurt when INEVITABLY someone gets really hurt for all this macho-over-the-top stunt work.

25. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Yeah exactly. Somewhere in the whole constellation of H-wood stars that should be a place for a guy like him. And I have to give him credit that the MI movies have generally gotten better and better. Nothing more than escapism, but as well done as any in the genre. They up the game without crossing the line into ridiculous.

HaileyMcComet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.