Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Tom Petty/Heartbreakers: 2019 - 2020 - 2021 Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by McCool, Jan 11, 2019.

1. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Probably another video. Possibly something about the Wildflowers documentary but they are more likely to start trailing that after they have made the most of the STO revamp.

2. Arete411

Arete411 Forum Resident

So far the “special announcement” is heavy promotion for the upcoming Angel Dream release; it’s not uninteresting, but it’s also not new. I’m still listening mostly because they’ve previewed that Dana Petty will be speaking. (They are playing one of the previously unreleased tracks, One of Life’s Little Mysteries, right now.)

faceinthecrowd likes this.
  3. Hooodo Man

Hooodo Man Well-Known Member

that is a pretty big letdown considering this was already on the TP webpage for ordering for weeks now. :( hopefully, the documentary will get a release announced now too.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021 at 9:57 AM
  4. Arete411

Arete411 Forum Resident

It was nice to hear the studio recording of Thirteen Days. I’m excited for the new release. Maybe I’m an easy sell, but I like how the team is reconceptualizing the She’s The One soundtrack album into a coherent collection.

5. cable hogue

cable hogue Forum Resident

Per Jonathan Wilson's Instagram post, it appears Benmont has wrapped up recording a new solo album.

6. Rainy Taxi

Rainy Taxi The Art of Almost

This would be great news! Mike Campbell has implied he's working on a new Dirty Knobs record at the moment as well.

7. Hooodo Man

Hooodo Man Well-Known Member

Mike has more than implied, he outright posted a video on IG saying 'come on boys let's make a record.' with the DK. :)

Rainy Taxi likes this.
  8. Rainy Taxi

Rainy Taxi The Art of Almost

OK, strong implication! :laugh: