Tom Petty/Heartbreakers: 2019 - 2023 Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by McCool, Jan 11, 2019.

1. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

2. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

Mark Felsot is teasing an "announcement" on TP Radio Thursday. Could it be a "Wildflowers: All the Rest" release date? Or could it be news related to The Dirty Knobs? McCool mentioned in the DK thread a great radio interview with Mike Campbell, who talked about s few pandemic-related alternative ideas that have been kicked around for playing live to promote "Wreckless Abandon." What do we think?

3. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

sure hope it’s Wildflowers

J_D__, Paul Getsey and faceinthecrowd like this.
  4. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

Either one would make me happy.

5. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

Me too, let's hope for both! A release date for "Wildflowers" would be such especially uplifting news right now.

6. Blue Sky

Blue Sky Well-Known Member

I'll buy it!

What I honestly can only just barely endure is months (now it's years) of uncertainty about releasing all the rest of music from Wildflowers sessions. (Also - other music from the archives, such as concerts.) Sure, there are reasons, okay, fine, we hear you, whatever.

A possible pre-sales strategy by the remaining Petty family? "The music will be available on this release date. We're sincerely sorry we delayed for so long." Then follow through by making it all available (in whatever form Tom Petty originally intended it to be heard). Please.

7. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Trending on Twitter:

[​IMG]

8. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

It's been 6 years since the project was first hinted at, 5 years since "Somewhere Under Heaven" dropped. The project has gone through many changes and incarnations about just how it should be released. Both the 20th and 25th Anniversaries came and went.

Meanwhile, a lot happened in the band's history in these past 6 years: The band's back catalog was released on both vinyl and hi-res (which @ryan de topanga did an exceptional job spearheading that remaster campaign). Mudcrutch reformed for another album and a lengthy tour. After that was done, the band's 40th anniversary rolled around and Tom went on a 6 month tour, and passed away one week after the final concert. An American Treasure came out. The Best of Everything came out 6 months after that (after being delayed three times). Tom's family then ended up having a dispute on just how to handle the estate.

Mr. @Blue Sky (get it? get it?), I like your idea of an explanation, but for me, everyone involved just coming together to really do it justice and the music finally seeing the light of day six years after it was first announced would be enough of an apology.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    btltez, Rainy Taxi, Blue Sky and 2 others like this.
  9. Blue Sky

Blue Sky Well-Known Member

Mr.@Blue Sky (get it? get it?), I like your idea of an explanation, but for me, everyone involved just coming together to really do it justice and the music finally seeing the light of day six years after it was first announced would be enough of an apology.

Hey, please, I'm just plain Blue Sky. It's a lyric fragment from Casa Dega & a reminder to myself to be optimistic, not the Jeff Lynne song / Mr Blue Sky. Also, just to be clear, I didn't say I want an explanation. We can, however, probably both agree t0 the idea of music finally seeing the light of day. Preach!!

KinkySmallFace1991 likes this.
  10. McCool

McCool Forum Resident Thread Starter

11. RJD1954

RJD1954 Forum Resident

Please. No more TEASING re a deluxe Wildflowers. Just get the family/lawyers/record company together, get their acts together and get the bugga done! Please!

12. McCool

FWIW: There has yet again been some "early-birding" potentially regarding the impending announcement posted about above. While I have absolutely no issue with the posting up or discussion of information shared through official channels such as SiriusXM's "Tom Petty Radio" or Tom Petty/Heartbreakers official social media accounts, please do not link to or post up any screenshots of information gleaned from the private/personal accounts of members of Tom Petty's estate or members of The Heartbreakers. They are notated as private accounts for a reason. Any information regarding potential upcoming releases will be posted up in the dedicated threads to those releases if/when an official announcement is made. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

As an aside, I was saddened to learn that the independent Tom Petty/Heartbreakers site "Mudcrutch Farm" has decided to pull up stakes. While I was never personally a forum patron, the site served as a true gathering place for many Tom Petty/Heartbreakers fans over the years. I must admit I remembering chuckling when the unforeseen and wonderful occurrence took place in 2008 and TP decided to reform his first band, Mudcrutch and they had to list their web domain as mudcrutchmusic.com as the domain name "Mudcrutch" was already in use by the fansite. I mean who'd thunk it?

Anyway, I would like to welcome any and all refugees from that site over to this thread. We'll try our best to keep y'all entertained.

13. McCool

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  14. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I'm stoked!!! Looks like Wildflowers-realted to me! :)

faceinthecrowd likes this.
  15. livin´thing68

livin´thing68 Forum Resident

I'm totally excited and can't wait until tomorrow. It can only be wildflowers all the rest. Oh my god I'm so excited.

Tjdufresne and Bonddm like this.
  16. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

The colors are Wildflowers...the lyrics, check. I'm not getting the imagery? A wolf man smoking a cig. Dark highway in the woods. Truck on fire. Man in the moon on stage. Rocket ship. Feel like it should be obvious but it isn't. Perhaps I need more coffee?

KinkySmallFace1991 likes this.
  17. JayB

JayB Senior Member

I can only hope!! Before I type something below I want to say that Tom Petty and his estate certainly don't owe me anything. His music is a major part of my life and always will be.

Quite honestly though it's really annoying how long this has dragged on (years!) with regard to Wildflowers "All The Rest" being released. I'm actually starting not to care.

For me it's becoming like when an author can't seem to finish a book...I move on to other things.

That being said I'm hopeful this is FINALLY it.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  18. livin´thing68

livin´thing68 Forum Resident

If you press the audio button in the picture, you can hear tom speaking, whistling birds and a short sequence from "You don't know how it feels". Therefore, it can only be related to Wildflowers.

supermd, Bonddm and btltez like this.
  19. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

I really hope its Wildflowers......I also hope the release is imminent (as in next 6-8 weeks - although suspect September) as it will really suck if this is an announcement for a November release and we have to wait even longer.....LOL

btltez likes this.
  20. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

New You Don’t Know How It Feels shirt in the official store with the Wolfman smoking on it

btltez likes this.
  21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

22. McCool

Lilten Pogies. Lilten Dogies

[​IMG]

Check out that a-throbbing-bass-a-line-a-buzzzing-likea-honey-bee-at-TP.com

You Don't Know How It Feels To Bee Me!

[​IMG]

www.tompetty.com

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  23. Rainy Taxi

Rainy Taxi The Art of Almost

I'm hoping all this "buzz" is about Wildflowers: All the Rest finally getting an official announcement, but I'm playing "Somewhere Under Heaven" this morning just in case.

Hep Alien likes this.
  24. Rkellner

Rkellner Forum Resident

Listening to the audio on the tompetty.com site, I feel like this is going to be the announcement of the lost Tom Petty/David Lynch side project. TP...Tom Petty, Twin Peaks. It is all making sense.

Hep Alien likes this.
  25. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Also the lick from Honey Bee