Tom Petty/Heartbreakers: 2019 - 2023 Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by McCool, Jan 11, 2019.

1. McCool

McCool Forum Resident Thread Starter

[​IMG]
    BTW: I should've mentioned this a few days back but there has been some clownface running about social media platforms pretending to be Benmont Tench. Tench has confirmed that this is in fact NOT an account associated with him be it personally or professionally. So don't be duped by FAKE Benmonts, they damage your hi-fi system and harsh your mellow. Potentially could steal your greenbacks too. Stick with the authentic Benmont Tench III:

OFFICIAL BENMONT TENCH SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS:
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/benchten
    Instagram: Benmont Tench III (@benmonttench) • Instagram photos and videos

2. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

What is that from?

3. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

Everything seems to scream Wildflowers, to me.

Granted, me and maybe a few others thought American Treasure was going to be Wildflowers, too, because the cover of that collection is a picture of Tom during that period, but this “special announcement” is dropping more Wildflowers hints that American Treasure ever did.

4. McCool

5. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Wildflowers announced on TP Radio!!!!

6. McCool

Actually it wasn't. Adria Petty statement was that she, inclusive of the Tom Petty estate is continuing to work on "Wildflowers: All The Rest" but no official announcement had been made as of this date regarding a release date of this potential archival project. That said, Adria Petty did give an indication that the archival project should appear within the year, but at this stage it is still in the gestation process.

Cheers!

Hep Alien likes this.
  7. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Doesn’t sound like anytime soon though but they are guessing 2020

Troyh likes this.
  8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

At the end Fricke pinned her down and she said 2020 so hopefully this year

supermd likes this.
  9. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Was this live or pre-taped?

10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Not sure, much of Sirius programming right now is taped so I assume, pre taped. They did play the Home Recording of "You Don't Know How It Feels" twice. She said that they found many of the demos to the songs while working on the project

KinkySmallFace1991 and btltez like this.
  11. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Weird. Seems this thing tomorrow has to be wildflowers. Also weird is it seemed Tom had this release ready to go how he wanted it. Now the women seem to be messing with it. Hopefully for the better but I’d rather it come how Tom wanted it

12. McCool

Please don't be disrespectful to the members of Tom Petty's estate. Tom Petty would have very little time for that type of chatter as he held those closest to him in the highest esteem. For the record, "Wildflowers All The Rest" went through many different permutations from the time it was first announced up until now. So the idea that the project is being "messed with" is somewhat presumptuous with all due respect. Regarding tomorrow's announcement, it's all but certainly the official announcement to the rest of the world as it pertains to what was just announced to SiriusXM "Tom Petty Radio" listeners at the top of the hour. TPR since it's launch in 2015, has been given some degree of exclusivity in regards to newsbreaks regarding Tom Petty/Heartbreakers and tonight was no different.

13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

probably just a press release that it’s coming. No release date was given but before they played the demo the second time, Adria was asked when fans might expect it and she offered 2020 but not making any promises

KinkySmallFace1991 and McCool like this.
  14. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

On a somewhat related note, I quite enjoyed the demo version of "You Don't Know How It Feels" greatly. I'm going to borrow the "shuffling" rhythm of Tom's acoustic guitar in the demo for my own solo reading of it.

Another thing is that we're finally getting somewhere with the project. It's the next thing, no doubt about it and the first new Petty product announced in the last 15 months (The Best Of Everything being the most recent thing). I think I'm going to play the Pono 96/24 hi-res master of the original Wildflowers tomorrow, just because I'm some time off from work, and this news has put me in that kind of a mood.

15. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Chill. No disrespect intended. Poor choice of words on my part is all. Tom definitely had his vision for this release, and he sure sounded like it was ready to go. Regardless, I think it will be amazing. I also don't seem them doing a countdown video, new merch, teasers, etc just to make an announcement that an announcement will be made ''possibly this year." That doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint. Guess we will find out tomorrow!

16. FingerPickin'Triumph

FingerPickin'Triumph Forum Resident

17. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

FingerPickin'Triumph likes this.
  18. McCool

I just wanted to mention that there is a dedicated thread to everything "Wildflowers: All The Rest" on the SHF with a lot more information on the project than has been disseminated in this particular thread which is for all intents and purposes a general clearing house for information on Tom Petty/Heartbreakers. In the collective spirit of not driving the GORTS mad by the constant bumping of two threads discussing the same topic, may I politely suggest that the migration of discussion as it pertains to the forthcoming archival project "Wildflowers: All The Rest" be directed to it's own dedicated thread located here:

Tom Petty: Wildflowers All The Rest (Upcoming release/speculation thread)

PS: Thanks to all who continue to contribute to the Tom Petty/Heartbreakers threads here on the SHF and those who have been keeping the "Wildflowers: All The Rest" vigil. Y'all know who you are :righton:

19. livin´thing68

livin´thing68 Forum Resident

The joy about "You don´t now How It Feels" (Home Recording) is huge, only with the announcement yesterday everyone thought that the release date of Wildflowers all the rest will finally be announced. That's why my enthusiasm is somewhat limited. 5 years ago, "Somewhere under Heaven" was the first and new song of the Wildflowers Project. At that time it was said: "From the soon to be released album release. Therefore, despite all the anticipation, I am a little disappointed that" only "one song is presented to us, and not as expected the album release date.

J_D__ and Blue Sky like this.
  20. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

The home recording is on itunes

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  21. DolphinsIntheJacuzzi

DolphinsIntheJacuzzi Forum Resident

Have the GORTS taken down the page for some reason? When I try to use the link, I'm getting the error: "The requested thread could not be found."

22. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

They merged it with another thread - Think its simply Tom Petty: Wildflowers All The Rest if you search for it.

23. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Do we have a list of all the songs recorded for Echo? I swear someone here had done this and I can't find it. The Echo thread is closed and it wasn't on there. Am I making this up? LoL. Thanks

24. McCool

Yes the thread has been merged. But if you are looking to separate the old from the new, the 2020 postings begin here: New Tom Petty album dropping "Wildflowers - All the Rest"

Here's "Echo" (complete with track sources):

Echo Sessions 1998-1999
    ==================
    Room At The Top (Echo/1999)
    Counting On You (Echo/1999)
    Free Girl Now (Echo/1999)
    Lonesome Sundown (Echo/1999)
    Swingin' (Echo/1999)
    Accused Of Love* (Echo/1999)
    Echo (Echo/1999)
    Won't Last Long (Echo/1999)
    Billy The Kid (Echo/1999)
    I Don't Wanna Fight (Echo/1999)
    This One's For Me (Echo/1999)
    No More (Echo/1999)
    About To Give Out (Echo/1999)
    Rhino Skin (Echo/1999)
    One More Day, One More Night (Echo/1999)
    Sweet William (Warners/1999)
    I Don't Belong (An American Treasure/2018)
    Gainesville (An American Treasure/2018)
    Rattlesnake
    ==================

25. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

THANK YOU! MuCHLY!