Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Angel Dream (She’s The One OST reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Saul Pimon, Apr 7, 2021.

1. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

Hello Mr Cool, 100% agree with your post.
    I loved the Wildflowers 5 disc set and I feel privileged to be able to own such expanded version of one of my favorite albums of all time. Wildflowers does not deserve less.

Now regarding the new release, is there any chance for an expanded 2 CD set, where the second disc could include the left off versions of "Walls" and "Angel Dream" along with related demos and alternate takes from the She's the One sesions? That way it would be a great replacement to the original CD I bought and loved for so many years.

Once again, thank you for your input here, I really appreciate it.

ARK and Bakeryrec like this.
  2. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

this response, of course, is totally necessary.

3. xTraPlaylists

xTraPlaylists I bring order to chaos.

Some of you are going to end up driving off an informative poster. You’re going to ruin it for the rest of us. Your opinions have been repeated over and over and over. We get it. You’re on record.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, just stop.

4. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Did you miss the part where he said discussing issues is fair game, but going after individuals was where he drew the line? Since then people have really stuck to issues they might have with how things were advertised and released vs going after the people involved.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  5. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

You are confusing matters.

1. Being upset that you felt the advertising on an exclusive was misleading = justified.

2. Being upset because you think they are making shrewd business decisions by not releasing all the goodies at the same time = unjustified.

People don’t work for nothing. Stretching out the marketability of the Archive makes perfect business sense. As long as you receive what is advertised, there is nothing to complain about. It would be foolish to handle things any other way.

Porkpie, Wingsfan2012, FJFP and 3 others like this.
  6. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

chill version, Yannick Eichert has a great voice!

Heartbreakers drummer Steve Ferrone & Friends
    Angel Dream (Live) HQ Audio

7. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

What McCool requests is a perfectly valid request and I hope everyone is respectful of that.

I also hope everyone is respectful of those who are respectfully commenting on issues they have had with this and previous releases. He had no issue with those people. McCool's post also shouldn't be an excuse to get on a high horse and talk down to people who are being respectful of their opinions even if they don't like up with your own. We are all here because we love the music and Tom. We all just come at it from a different angle.

McCool and Ryan's participation in these threads is invaluable. It is a huge benefit of this site to have them post here and I would hate to lose it. I also would also hate for this to be a everything is perfect and no other opinion is allowed board as well. We can have a good middle ground.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  8. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

As one who purchased the 5 CD exclusive "Wildflowers" box, I admit I was a bit ticked a few months back!

9. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

I guess I’m alone in not having a problem with the cover, it reminds me of the Wildflowers video a few months back.

I was annoyed with this release at first, now I chalk it up to being part of the infrastructure.

FJFP likes this.
  10. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

You are not alone.

11. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Has anyone every seen the movie She's The One? I don't remember if I have or not. Better off getting rid of the movie pics on the cover.

12. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Forgettable is how I would describe it.

KAJ1971 and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  13. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Apart from the songs :cool:

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  14. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

15. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

I was happy to purchase the 5-CD Wildflowers box.

The primary selling point, of course, was the exclusive 5th disc, Finding Wildflowers. I didn't really expect it to remain exclusive to that set indefinitely, but it was rather a surprise to see it get a standalone retail release so soon.

Does it diminish my enjoyment of said content? No.

Do I feel "ripped off"? No.

Looking forward to the new "Angel Dream" album. Bring it on!

16. faceinthecrowd

faceinthecrowd Forum Resident

I've seen it a few times. It's an entertaining 90 minutes and hey, the music's damn good! It has not aged well. I have it as one of those two DVDs for the price of one situations.

As for the cover, I looked back at previous TPATH covers and none of them are especially memorable. They are a variation on "here's some guys standing around" or "here's one guy standing around." :laugh:

ARK, WarEagleRK and WhatDoIKnow like this.
  17. ericscho

ericscho Forum Resident

I am not quite sure what re-imagined means in this context, but I'll get this when it comes out :). I do like the original cd.

18. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Remixed, remastered and re-sequenced with additional tracks.

MikeVielhaber and ericscho like this.
  19. She’s The One is the only Tom Petty album I never bought.The word soundtrack frightened me off initially and after I found out it was more than that I just never got around to it.This release is perfect for me.
    Another comment about the way some of the “insiders” that visit this forum get haranged.They are doing us a favour by coming here and posting stuff.There is no real reason for them to do that except love of the music.There seem to be people that love to pick on them seemingly to show what “true” fans they are.It has happened here and in Beatles and Elton threads as well.
    If they quit posting all of us and the forum as a whole are worse off.

20. ericscho

ericscho Forum Resident

Oh nice, that sounds good :).

Bakeryrec and Myke like this.
  21. livin´thing68

livin´thing68 Forum Resident

I found this on amazon Germany under the Mp3 version of the album.
    The total playing time is displayed as 2:28
    Will there be a single from the album after all ?
    "One of Life's Little Mysteries" or "105 Degrees"?

Release date: 2. July 2021
    Label: Warner Records
    Copyright: ℗ 2021 Petty Legacy LLC under exclusive license to Warner Records Inc. 2021 Warner Records Inc. © 2021 Petty Legacy LLC under exclusive license to Warner Records Inc.
    Required label metadata: Music file contains a unique purchase identifier. Additional Information.
    Total length: 2:28
    Genres:
    skirt
    ASIN: B08ZL6B1V8
    Customer reviews: Write the first review

22. mtruslow

mtruslow Forum Resident

I’m a Petty completist, with the exception of “Full Moon Fever”. I absolutely despise it with every fiber of my being and refuse to own it. However, I loved “She’s The One” and will be buying this on CD if it comes out, that is. Petty’s cover of “Change The Locks” just eclipses Lucinda’s version.

Arete411 likes this.
  23. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

Wow!
    What do you hate about it?

24. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Just as well I have two copies of the proper soundtrack album that was always part of the TP catalogue. Original vinyl pressing and a copy from the Warner albums box set. So this is the soundtrack with Wild Flowers sessions tracks removed and bad cover art? Certainly not what TP would have approved of.

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  25. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

SHE’S THE ONE is one of my favorite Petty albums so I’m in for this one.

Billy_Sunday, Bonddm and JoeF. like this.