Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Angel Dream (She’s The One OST reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Saul Pimon, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Peja11

Peja11 PC is Neither

I'm a fan of hers too but did you see the banshee lion mane hair do she had in parts of the movie? Not her best look, maybe in bottom three.

2. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

3. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Does anyone know if the standard black vinyl is getting an EU pressing?

FJFP likes this.
  4. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

And yellow.

Lots and lots of yellow...

:wtf:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  5. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I heard the @ryan de topanga alternate mix of Walls (Circus) on SiriusXM this afternoon. It was the second time I heard it, since I heard it once on Behind The Glass and it just reminded me how cool it sounds!

Is there any chance of a commercial release for it? Please, please, please??!

PS, also is there somewhere I could download the first episode of Behind The Glass? I missed it when it was first on and now it seems to have disappeared from Sirius. Will the second episode also suffer the same fate once the marketing push for Angel Dream is over? I would love to be able to hear more of these two as well as any future episodes... Thanks.

faceinthecrowd and jeremylr like this.
  6. ryan de topanga

ryan de topanga Forum Resident

JMXW,

Glad you like the show!

I've done 2 episodes of Behind The Glass so far. (As you can tell, I'm not that prolific in my radio career ;-) I generally put them out when I've got something interesting, and previously unheard to bring to the table. The show stays on Sirius XM on demand for a few weeks and then it's gone. As of now there are no plans for commercial release of the tracks I debut on the show. Some of the tracks, however, do go on to stay in rotation on Tom Petty Radio. I assume that is the case with the Alt Mix of Walls (Circus). I like that because it gives the listeners something that is unique, and makes the channel more interesting!

7. ryan de topanga

ryan de topanga Forum Resident

8. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

You should always clean your records.

marcb and Western Movie like this.
  9. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

10. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Completely disagree.

11. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

:doh:good lord.

marcb and Western Movie like this.
  12. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

I prefer this to Angel Dream.

Record Rotator likes this.
  13. Who'sTommy

Who'sTommy Forum Resident

I have never liked that yellow cover. Too yellow. I prefer the new cover.

jmxw likes this.
  14. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

You clean mint records?
    What do you use? (other than a brush)
    Seems like a waste. Just keep 'em clean.

15. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

Even new records come with junk left over from the making of the records. There are often pieces of plastic and powders. There is only a benefit to cleaning records, no drawbacks. I use SpinClean with every record that I buy, used or new. I thought with the care of a TT and vinyl that this was more or less common knowledge.

bigal00769, marcb, Porkpie and 2 others like this.
  16. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

LOL. Share with us what cleaner you use in the Spin Clean, oh wise one!

17. Mok

Mok Has Potential

is this guy gaslighting us about cleaning records? Good lord. It's been discussed and proven: what @I333I says is true and not fodder for your wisecracks. Clean your records - otherwise you're not hearing everything you could hear, plus you're unnecessarily wearing down your stylus quicker. It is common knowledge around here.

18. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

LOL, uh, the fluid that comes with it?

marcb likes this.
  19. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

Yeah, I’m pretty much done. Finger is heading straight to the ignore button.

In other news, I’m completely unfamiliar with the original STO soundtrack and am loving Angel Dream. It seems cohesive to me and it sounds great. I’ll still probably start looking for a copy of STO on eBay or something to compare.

20. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Believe it or not, some people who have been playing records for 4 decades wouldn't touch a Spin Clean.
    If you enjoy the end result, I'm happy for you.

21. xTraPlaylists

xTraPlaylists I bring order to chaos.

The troll is strong with this one.

Ignored.

I333I and Western Movie like this.
  22. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

It's a difference of opinion on a forum. Don't be so dramatic.
    I would be curious to hear details of your methods and before and after samples.
    I think Spin Clean is a mistake (on a new record), my personal opinion.

23. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

You need to change your condescending and dismissive tone a little. Differences of opinion are fine as long as they remain civil and constructive.

I'm one of those who has been playing records for four and half decades, to your point, I clean all new records as soon as I receive them, this is due to the debris caused by the manufacturing and shipping processes. This gets the vinyl off to the right start and helps to improve playback and the longevity of the vinyl. Just because other members don't clean their records doesn't make it right.

24. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

I strongly feel that adding a solvent to a record is a mistake---unless it's trashed or perhaps with one of those multi-thousand-dollar vacuum machines to suck out the foreign agent.

As far as being dismissive, you're the Gort and I'll have to respect that....but maybe you're a little biased here since you agree with the author of this snark:

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  25. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but why did we get various versions of Climb That Hill on both the AD and Wildflowers sets if they were otherwise avoiding repetition?