'Tone Poet' Jazz Reissue Series*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cds23, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Peterr

Peterr Forum Resident

Mode for Joe.....

Twinsfan007, trd, RyeB and 4 others like this.
  2. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

I'd like to see Elvin's Live At The Lighthouse in the TP or BN80 series.

3. Swann36

Swann36 A widower finding solace in music

Thanks @scotti ..... i'm sure by tuesday everyone here will be back to ... where is the list .. ..I'll patiently await it now we fully understand why .. and as i'm waiting on a repress of Chet Baker Sings .. i'm hoping perhaps this list for 2021 will include expected repress dates as well ... :edthumbs:

4. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

BSB would actually be better than Kenny G ainec.

mktracy and Petter Premberg like this.
  5. Kimiimacman

Kimiimacman Forum Resident

Thank you @scotti, I’ve spent the afternoon on the Craft Small Batch thread and cleanly forgot to pop in here to check for progress. :tiphat:

scotti likes this.
  6. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Fun times over there. Glad I got myself a copy. Dig the heck out of "Lush Life" but he might just be my favorite Jazz artist, so I'm a bit partial to his work...ha!

Craig's Story and testingcan like this.
  7. Hardiman

Hardiman Forum Resident

I also managed to pick a copy up and it should arrive just in time for my birthday, a nice little present to myself!

scotti and AnalogJ like this.
  8. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Well, an early Happy Birthday-dee-doo to you! A nice way to celebrate!

9. Hardiman

Hardiman Forum Resident

My first official vinyl purchase from my "record pot" after selling a ton of my records!

AnalogJ likes this.
  10. Kimiimacman

Kimiimacman Forum Resident

I got lucky too. I decided last night in wasn’t going to bother as when playing my Transatlantic 1st press yesterday it sounded amazing which is why I didn’t bother checking the thread to see if the store was live. Then drinking my 1st coffee of the day at 4pm having stripped the leaking machine I saw it was up and thought, what the heck? Here’s hoping BG’s as good as KG for jazz these days.

11. DougT

DougT Forum Resident

I'd like to see Spring by Anthony (Tony) Williams with Wayne Shorter, Sam Rivers, Herbie and Gary Peacock. I message Joe Harley a a couple of years ago and he advised "I have Spring on a couple of my lists in for approval. It might just a bit too outside for approval but who knows." It always seemed pretty accessible IMHO. Fingers crossed!

mktracy, scotti, Vic Trola and 8 others like this.
  12. AnalogJ

Well, well-earned!! Congrats!!

13. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

Lighthouse Keychain!

mpayan likes this.
  14. Joti Cover

So great! One of my very Tone Poets.

scotti, Geee!, SJR and 1 other person like this.
  15. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

I knew that last line wouldn't fly on this forum.. I still stand by it though :D

dastinger likes this.
  16. Aura

Aura Forum Resident

Just finished listening to Money Jungle. Sooo good! Drink of choice while listening was Boulevard Tank 7 (American Saison).

I have an incomplete TP set, needing the two January releases for completion. Planning to indulge this Saturday.

audiolab1, spindly, mktracy and 5 others like this.
  17. ausgraeme

ausgraeme Forum Resident

My ex wife once dragged me kicking and screaming to a Kenny G concert at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. As you would have noted, she is now my ex wife.....

18. AnalogJ

She couldn't have loved you very much. I mean, isn't that the perfect way to get of a mate who loves jazz?

19. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

She was definitely asking for the divorce. A Kenny G concert... Tragic.

scotti, Aeryn Sun and ausgraeme like this.
  20. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

With all this talk of Kenny G, I noticed this on amazon.ca, and thought a bit funny....

[​IMG]

spindly, kt66brooklyn, Aura and 12 others like this.
  21. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

Damn, that seems like some kind of kidnapping AND torture.. Yeah I think it comes down to personal experience, I was never exposed to Kenny like that; there weren't that many elevators and hotel lobbies in the Swedish town where I grew up, and nobody has been able to drag me to a concert yet (my wife has good taste, and isn't all that strong).

BSB OTOH were all over the place when I grew up, not only were they mediocre singers but they also set way too high expectations of how good guys were supposed to look. Musically I mind them much more, but I will concede that a Kenny G TP would be a more disturbing event.

Biff Jones likes this.
  22. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Got to love the slag Kenny G threads!

kt66brooklyn and Aeryn Sun like this.
  23. Joti Cover

Good call. Gary Peacock on bass for that session btw....it’s a fine album and would be an auto-buy here.

Kimiimacman, wellers73 and Dai like this.
  24. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

Everything by Ervin is great. Scoop up the AP 33s while ( if) you still can.

Edit: just reading through i see there is much love for Booker. Great to see. Such an intense passionate player. Should be a household name IMHO

25. Stu02

Stu02 Forum Resident

My favourite of his

ausgraeme likes this.