'Tone Poet' Jazz Reissue Series*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cds23, Dec 23, 2018.

1. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Shane from Intervention Records posted this on the Intervention Records’ thread. Possible reason why upcoming Tone Poet’s title are been delayed:

2. wellers73

wellers73 Forum Resident

Woooooo!!!

3. wellers73

wellers73 Forum Resident

I own it too, and love it. These pressings of Patterns and Africaine are essentially Tone Poets and really worth getting, in my opinion. Patterns especially is a remarkably good record, almost as good as Oblique.

4. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I'm a little interested now. The prints are cool and definitely frame worthy! I'm going to put this on my short list/ wish list. Thanks for posting.

5. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

Ah, this delay is a good thing for the health of my wallet too. I'm just so overwhelmed with releases that I can't keep up.

Regarding NHS, glad it got to you safe and sound, you will absolutely love it. Killer album with killer SQ.

6. Hardiman

Hardiman Forum Resident

What’s NHS?

7. Mazzy’s channel is rarely relaxing :tiphat:

8. Hardiman

Hardiman Forum Resident

Also, side note... listening to Patterns now and it makes it all worth it. Total flip from Patterns to A time to go. Perfect night time listening!

Sneezyachew and ultron9 like this.
  9. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

From the horse’s mouth :agree:

ultron9 and Mazzy like this.
  10. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

Chick Corea / Now He Sings Now He Sobs

mgb70, ultron9 and danasgoodstuff like this.
  11. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

It's one of these shorthands, NHSNHS = Now He Sings Now He Sobs. It's a funny one for us in England, but the title written out is just really long :D Amazing album, listening right now. The Tone Poet thread is right, as always :edthumbs:

12. ultron9

ultron9 The quest for perspicuity and grace continues...

This us my current Tone Poet fav...I've bought at least a dozen since December...maxed out money wise now. Enjoying via my KAB Reloop/Ortofon w Stylus 20. Zero IGD anywhere.
    [​IMG]

miq2son, mktracy, Dai and 11 others like this.
  13. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

One from the latest batch of Tone Poet releases; Donald Byrd’s Byrd In Flight — sessions recorded January 17, January 25 and July 10, 1960. A killer record . . .

[​IMG]
    1960/2021 Blue Note ‎– ST-84048
    Blue Note Tone Poet Series – KPG&JH@CA

ausgraeme, Aura, miq2son and 17 others like this.
  14. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Got a message from Paypal saying i was declined by my credit card provider so i tried a different card for Pay in 4 and it worked, so BNR2 will be enroute to me. Was suprised no shipping or tax charged, not that im complaining

shawnwes, timzigs and Sneezyachew like this.
  15. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident

This is a really good recording & it was one of the better 75th Anniv pressings I had - now sold to make way in my space challenged record case for the TP.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Swordsandchains and ultron9 like this.
  16. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Regarding one flight up;
    nope... Not recorded by Rudy van gelder

shawnwes and ultron9 like this.
  17. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident

MBF (minor brain fart) preceded by a couple of beers. :cheers: Thanks for the correction. This a Barclay recorded in France. I remember after putting this on thinking boy this sounds really good and then nodding when I looked at the credits.

struttincool likes this.
  18. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident

Most definitely is KILLER! I've had it in my cart for a bit and the price dropped so I snagged it tonight - $34 CAD on Azon.ca tonight.

Don P., DeRosa and SJR like this.
  19. dastinger

dastinger Forum Resident

Ahahah yeh, my wife's family lived in the UK for a while and I always remember the National Health Service when using that shorthand.

Swann36 likes this.
  20. patrickd

patrickd Forum Resident

Yeah, NHS will confuse us in America. National Health Service? Is that some commie thing?

21. shawnwes

shawnwes Forum Resident

Speaking of killer recordings I don't know how I let this one pass me by w/o giving it a listen. REally well recorded & music is stellar. Not sure why the lp tracks are different from the cd - All on My Mind & Alhambra aren't on the lp but are on the cd but that would have it made it a dbl album and is what it is. Streaming it right now and have added to my cart when the price drops from $48 CAD!

[​IMG]

mgb70, conjotter, miq2son and 4 others like this.
  22. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I streamed it last night, curious after seeing the beautiful jacket. Really loved it and put it in my cart. If my experience holds, the TP will blow the stream out of the water!

shawnwes likes this.
  23. MilesTrane

MilesTrane Forum Resident

To finance these Tone Poets and classic blue notes all my 75th Blue Notes sold well on EBay. Selling my Capitol Beatles albums now and they are moving. Thinking about also selling my 2014 mono Beatles. I just don’t listen to them. Would get a lot for them but not sure....

shawnwes and Swordsandchains like this.
  24. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

id love to buy that box but not for what the market demands haha

Aeryn Sun and MilesTrane like this.
  25. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

Would recommend keeping the 2014 mono Beatles. If you sell them and later regret it, you'll be paying crazy money to get them back.

Craig's Story, trd, scotti and 3 others like this.