Tool Planning to Remaster and Reissue All of their Albums for Vinyl Release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PJJK, Aug 11, 2017.

1. HankM

HankM Senior Member

I'm glad I decided to do a search here on Tool vinyl releases because after reading those reviews from Amazon I wasn't sure about what those releases were than I come here and now I'm reading pages through this thread. Thank god for forums like this one.

I was thinking of checking Discogs, thanks. you beat me me to it. I'll look through these releases since nobody knows when the official vinyl releases from Tool will happen.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  2. iworkatinitech

iworkatinitech Forum Resident

I got my copy of Undertow from Amazon about a year ago and it’s fine. I’ve had no issues with it

Chrome_Head likes this.
  3. wickedwatson

wickedwatson Forum Resident

Yes, definitely. The live stuff on Salival sounds really good. Makes me wish we could get more live Tool officially released. I know they have a ton of it in the archives too. Jerks!

Vinyl Addict and Chrome_Head like this.
  4. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

As it is, Salival is a good live document and they included the amusing touches that they do on the studio albums (like how the live applause at the end of "Push*t" transforms into handclaps they did in the studio; then of course there's the "L.A.M.C" track). Speaking of that live version of "Push*t", it's quite mind-blowing.

But yeah, they have been rather stingy with live releases. The band (Adam mainly, I suspect) certainly maintains a tight grip on their official output.

Grow Fins likes this.
  5. lordfalconer

lordfalconer Forum Resident

I honestly could go a million years without another Skit track from Tool. After the prolonged wait on the new album I’d really hope for minimal stuff like LAMC or Message to Harry Manback 1&2

6. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Forum Resident

I love the live version of Third Eye on Salival with the Timothy Leary intro. I picked up the Salival CD/DVD in 2001 when I was home from college (spring break?). Sadly, the shop I got it from closed down a long time ago. I remember thinking it was a new Tool album, plus I had just gotten a DVD player, so I jumped on it despite knowing nothing about the release and being a broke college kid. At first I was disappointed to learn that it was not a new album, but then I played the CD and...whoa...this was great stuff. Lateralus came out shortly thereafter, and it blew my socks off. Still my favorite Tool album, although I love them all. Reading through this thread caused me to order a copy (hopefully it’s the CB cut) after holding out forever because of it being a picture disc.

Salival on well done vinyl would be a dream come true. I’m just hoping that ANYTHING (new album or reissues) happens before I take my last breath...

7. s13coupe

s13coupe Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm there is in fact a new song on youtube? Forgot my headphones at work today :(

VinylMario and Chrome_Head like this.
  8. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

VinylMario and Chrome_Head like this.
  9. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Two new songs (live) in another thread on this forum.

VinylMario likes this.
  10. danielkov86

I don't suppose we have an update on these (alleged) forthcoming vinyl remasters... I've been going back and forth on buying an Aenima bootleg for a couple months now, then I remember I'd feel like an idiot buying it only to have the proper release drop soon thereafter.

11. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Can you post the link in here?

12. Chrome_Head

VinylMario and Vinyl Addict like this.
  13. Chrome_Head

I'd hold off if you can, we may start getting them next year unless of course the band decides to forget about the whole reissue campaign.

VinylMario and Vinyl Addict like this.
  14. danielkov86

Ugh, "next year"? I was hoping this summer. They did just start profiles on streaming sites. I thought maybe that was in anticipation of dropping a whole remastered catalog.

15. Chrome_Head

Well, they've officially announced nothing. We had who we thought might be Adam posting on here for a bit discussing it. I would love to be wrong and they reissue everything on vinyl in addition to the new album this year. That would be the best case scenario. Not sure how it would be possible unless they've begun pressing before now.

16. Vinyl Addict

Thanks, was hoping for a link to the thread you mentioned.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  17. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I dunno what the bootleg would really get you. It's just a digital copy pressed to an LP and it's value would drop to zero if the re-release ever happened. I'd just be content with the CD but that's me.

Paully and VinylMario like this.
  18. Vinyl Addict

This
    I have a boot. You're not missing anything, danielkov.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  19. wickedwatson

Very cool for those in attendance to hear new material. I made it out to Coachella in 2006 for Tool and heard three new songs performed live (two days before the official release). It was a very exciting and unique experience. That said, I will be avoiding any fan-shot youtube vids of new material like the plague.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  20. Vinyl Addict

I haven't viewed them yet either. I'm still undecided.

wickedwatson likes this.
  21. Chrome_Head

I was there too, that was the last time I saw them live.

I couldn't help my curiosity and checked out "Invincible" live, but I'll hold off on "Descending" for now until I get to spin the real album.

wickedwatson likes this.
  22. wickedwatson

Was that incredible or what?

23. Chrome_Head

It was great, and ruined me completely for seeing them in the confines of an indoor stadium, to where I skipped their subsequent LA gig at the Staples Center (all my friends went to that).

I remember much of the lineup of Coachella being quite strong that year (I only went on Sunday), but Tool was of course the highlight and the closer.

24. wickedwatson

I hear ya. Somewhat tempted. To each their own, but I really want that first listening experience of the new album to be as innocent and surprising as possible.

25. wickedwatson

Nice, Depeche Mode headlined the night before and sounded awesome.
    And yes, Tool always sound better in the open air.

Vinyl Addict and Chrome_Head like this.