Tool Planning to Remaster and Reissue All of their Albums for Vinyl Release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PJJK, Aug 11, 2017.

1. cxp

cxp Member

@Tullman

I agree with your assessments. Flatter EQ is a good way of describing the sound.

I still like Parabola much better on the CD but I've found the CD Parabola version is so mid prominent and aggressive that it can sound awesome on some systems and bad on others.

2. sore_and_crucified

sore_and_crucified Forum Resident

Like many, I’m desperately waiting for these releases on vinyl or a cd collection. Of all the bands, Tool are prime for a reissue campaign but I fear it will never happen. Also, I was expecting a vinyl release for the last album and I think a lack of release gives a clear indication of where we are at!

Gumboo likes this.
  3. iworkatinitech

iworkatinitech Forum Resident

I think there will be a whole new vocal and text communication technology standard when that happens, so text messages may not exist.

4. iworkatinitech

Has there been any news whatsoever about the reissues? I mean could there be a better time to offer reissues than during a pandemic? I guess it was never even close to happening and they were screwing with us again.

5. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

#2Weeks

6. iworkatinitech

Huh?

7. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Dammit! This is the only thread I follow. You can imagine the size of bricks I laid when I received an email!
    :tsk:

8. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

I agree with this as it is my favorite album by far. I still would love to check out an AAA (if analog tapes truly were used for 10,000 Days.) That one really touched on the angst in a visceral way like Undertow tracks so I dig the truly stellar 5 songs on it.

9. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Huh huh???!!!

10. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

It's a joke, people.

Two Weeks is the standard answer for anything you expect to never do or have happen.

PineBark and pexie like this.
  11. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Not funny.

Tullman likes this.
  12. iworkatinitech

Oh I had no clue sorry. And @VinylMario im sorry I didn’t mean to get you excited I just can’t believe this thread died. Wasn’t Adam involved in this thread at some point?

13. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Honestly, I’m not a fan of MJK at all. He seems completely up his own a-hole. I don’t think he really gives a **** about the fans. It’s like they do it on purpose. I mean...honestly, what’s with the latest album they even didn’t bother a vinyl release. He knows the demand...he’s an intelligent guy. Some peoples heads just work in funny ways..

mertoo likes this.
  14. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

HAHAHAHAHAHA.....
    Honestly it's hilarious. Tool fans for the most part have become so dogmatic and serious. The biggest aspect those types are missing about the band is the level of humour in their work and collective personalities. There is humour interlaced all throughout their career and it just seems to fly over most of their fan's heads because they're so serious.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    hi_watt likes this.
  15. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

16. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

I don’t get how not releasing albums on vinyl is “funny”. They are depriving themselves of income and their fans of the experience. Maybe you could make an argument that they are making a point that the money doesn’t matter to them, or something along those lines, but that doesn’t seem comical to me.

17. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Perhaps they just don't like the format or don't think their albums suit it.

18. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

I've always been under the impression that Tool harbor a disdain for their fans. Seeing them live multiple times reinforced this idea while reading this thread really nailed it in. I also think its comical how self-serious a large portion of their fan base is all things considered.

iworkatinitech, hi_watt and pexie like this.
  19. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

They are definitely making a point...can’t figure out why though. It seems a little childish?

Dorian75 likes this.
  20. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

Because they would rather have developed or established a fan base reflective of King Crimson or Yes than a Metallic or a Slayer. People think they are ungrateful in this regard but I think defending that, for such a self-described cerebral, and art-centric band they have always been annoyed at the typical bone-headed yelling metal fan. The average fan at a Tool show is sincerely annoying.

21. mertoo

mertoo Forum Resident

You’re right, they do it on purpose. I’m a huge Tool fan but I think they’re bunch of a****s. They like this cult-ish hype/following around the band and they like seeing that their limited run original vinyl goes for big bucks. Same story with The Mars Volta, again huge fan here but it is ridiculous that they still don’t re-release their music. I remember the time that MOV had repressed their first album. They got pissed and asked fans not to buy it and wait for the authorized reissues. It was 2014!!! Pathetic stuff.

richbdd01 and hi_watt like this.
  22. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

I’d like everything on vinyl as well. But honestly, it’s not that big of a deal, is it? If it comes, I’ll buy it, if not, I’ll listen to the CD’s. Life rolls on.

James Bennett likes this.
  23. TheFlesh

TheFlesh I eat fried foods.

I found a legit BMG ZOO first press of Ænima at a thrift store a couple of years ago. The discs had a pretty sizable heat warp but I was able to flatten them enough that they went from the first track on each side being unplayable to just having a “whoosh” every rotation. Apart from that, it sounded absolutely crazy good. I sold it to a very happy buyer in Australia for a good sum, having fully detailed the warps, fix and audio report. I figured surely they’d release it again someday. I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t parted with it. The few hundred dollar profit was nice at the time and helped me land some other gems, but that’s my fav Tool. It’s sorely missing in my collection and I’m not about to spend big to get it back or buy a crappy boot. Ohhhh well. First world problems. lol

Echoes Myron and hi_watt like this.
  24. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Maybe they just have bad management? Or they are lazy?

25. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

No romance with vinyl?