Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

no

latheofheaven and Wasatch like this.
  2. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Saw Tool last night at the Staples Center and it was amazing! They did Pneuma, FI, CCTrip, and Invincible off the new album and they all translated really well live

3. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Shame they’ve dropped Decending...amazing live.

4. Spooky

Spooky Forum Resident

Agreed. Would prefer that in place of FI in the setlist for sure.

miller_time22 likes this.
  5. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

Listened for about a week straight when it came out, really got a good dose of the new album. Then took a 'break' for a while, but came back to it again this week.

It's a grower. I loved it from day 1, but love it even more now!

Hard to pick a favorite track, but 7empest is of course pretty epic. Pneuma of course

6. sam1982

sam1982 Forum Resident

Does anyone on here know where you can buy the official high res download from in New Zealand?

7. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

Amazon.ca has the cd back in stock at 64 bucks. Good deal if any Canadians are still looking to buy it.

8. They are supposed to send a shipping notice/confirmation via e-mail, right?

9. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

he received shipping confirmation.

Hail Vinyl! likes this.
  10. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

Attended the SA show last night. It was my 9th show and might be my favorite show out of them all. Great crowd that the guys were feeding off of. It was the most engaged I’ve seen all four of them since the 10,000 mini/warmup tour.

At one point, Maynard was riding around on stage on top of a speaker cabinet and shushing the crowd so we wouldn’t tattle on him.

They had a couple of slip ups (Parabol and Jambi come to mind). It was incredible witnessing them catch their errors and communicate with a few glances at each other. You could see Adam and Danny working through the issues and sync right back up. Absolute professionals.

I have a new appreciation for Pneuma. Flawless.
    Invincible was TOOL at their finest. That song just shimmered. It was nearly 25 years of these guys playing together just flexing their talents.

They stayed on stage hugging and clapping to the crowd longer than any previous show I’ve attended.

What a night.

If you want a poster, get there when doors open. 45 minute merch lines and posters sold out FAST.

I’m jealous of the people that are attending upcoming shows.

11. topekatj

topekatj Forum Resident

Yo! Has anyone received a shipping notification or their actual disc (sans notification)? So much for shipping these out by the end of September...:yawn:

12. crazy eights

crazy eights Truckstop Lovechild

this is the response i got when i asked what's up with my order on oct. 22

"
    Thank you for contacting TOOL Orders. We have started sending out the Limited Edition Fear Inoculum CD. We are shipping out orders as fast as we can in the order that we received them. We apologize for the delays.

As per the Tool Army Membership, we are currently experiencing delays in sending them out due to a large amount of recent orders.

We are a small company with a small staff working around the clock to get your orders to you. We apologize again for the delays and any inconveniences this has caused you.

We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

TOOL ORDERS"

i'm glad they appreciate my patience but my supply is getting low

13. Absolutely nothing so far. I was blessed with the gift of patience, but this is a real test for it.

14. Yesternow

Yesternow Forum pResident

Completely forgot about my order. Haven't received any answer to my second email weeks ago.

I'm starting to think I'll receive mine by Christmas.
    Next to some underwear and probably a new pijamas that would my best present for sure.

latheofheaven likes this.
  15. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I ended up cancelling my order with my credit card company.

16. George P

George P Notable Member

Isn't that a silly, annoying statement, "we appreciate your patience"?

crazy eights likes this.
  17. Stotty81

Stotty81 Member

latheofheaven, Marko K and dcd2112 like this.
  18. crazy eights

crazy eights Truckstop Lovechild

yes i would appreciate it more if they sent it out already

19. dcd2112

dcd2112 Forum Resident

I would hazard to guess that there will not be a vinyl or standard CD sans the fancy packaging. Adam Jones recently said that they realize they make absolutely no money on their music. I’m sure they’re darkly amused at seeing people that will pay $400 - $500 for an official pressing of Aenima or $110.00 for bootleg vinyl of FI.
    Saw them in Milwaukee. Stellar. I can no longer afford to see bands multiple nights on a tour, but like Rush, I never get tired of seeing great musicians ply their trade, no matter what their set list consists of. To be in the same room with 4 guys who burn their music so deep is an honor.

20. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

I wouldn’t give up on the vinyl release just yet. Adam was on these forums asking questions a few years ago and their official page mentioned a vinyl release.

latheofheaven and Stotty81 like this.
  21. I received exactly the same answer yesterday.

22. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Hmmm... I find the fact that you are more anxious for some underwear than for the TOOL album somewhat disturbing... :eek:

Yesternow likes this.
  23. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

Amazing show in Indy tonight. Descending returned to the set list it would appear in place of one of two Undertow songs they had been previously performing at other recent dates. Really hoping the band puts together another live album at some point as this live era of the band definitely needs to be officially documented somehow.

24. Papi Hipbone323

Papi Hipbone323 The Stouffer's Lasagna of Audiophiles

Looks like there are about 30 copies of the CD right now on Amazon for $49.98 shipped/sold by Amazon!

George P and miller_time22 like this.
  25. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

As we head towards the 3 month mark since the release of the album, not one tweet or post yet about the vinyl, what the bleep is the problem?

latheofheaven and Guss2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.