Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

I have the cd and the HD, if I buy the vinyl it will be speculative. They could all be packaged in brown cardboard and I would enjoy them just as much.

maxnix likes this.
  2. CraigC

CraigC Live It Up

Sorry if I missed a previous post, but Amazon has the first edition CD in stock for $38.59.

3. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

So true. Except for a few frisky beer runs in my aisle, nobody moved for the entire Chicago show. And there's complaints on other boards that they're not playing the WHOLE album live. Something you don't hear every day.

GoodKitty, fuse999 and Dorian75 like this.
  4. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

Saw them in AC last night. My first time seeing the band live. It was glorious; they were incredible. They played three songs off Aenima, two off Lateralus, two from 10,000 Days and four from the new album not counting the interludes. Paraloba was my favorite, so cool to see that in person.

I'm so glad I wore earbuds. Holy hell it was loud.

5. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Do you mean ear plugs? Surprised you had to do that. Sound was excellent at Brooklyn, not too loud, just right. Glad you enjoyed the show though.

6. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

Saw the Newark show. Third time seeing them, but the first time that I listened closely. They're virtuosos.

7. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Wish we could get some inking as to when the euro tour is happening...

Renz likes this.
  8. Renz

Renz Forum Resident

I second that!!!

9. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

Bargain!

10. danielkov86

11. bullygoat

bullygoat Forum Resident

Am I missing something? This CD sells for more than an audiophile CD. Like most people here, I think that’s it’s a “pretty good” album and worth owning, but I’m balking at paying $40 for a regular CD that should be selling for $15.

12. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

Yes, I can confirm you are missing something ;) There is no regular CD of this, one is with a screen and the other is with a book, and the latter is less than 40 USD, currently its 28 USD on amazon.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  13. bullygoat

bullygoat Forum Resident

Sorry, but I’ve always been more a fan of music than music books and gimmicks. No problem with these if they had a regular CD option

mark winstanley likes this.
  14. Remote Control Triangle

Remote Control Triangle Forum Member Rated 6.8 By Pitchfork

I only got the 24-bit download from HDtracks, but the CD looks like a work of art. I'd say it's worth the money for a collectors item.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  15. danielkov86

On a semi-related note, I got so sick of waiting for them to reissue their catalog on vinyl that I caved and bought a bootleg Aenima. Surprisingly, it sounds amazing. Wide soundstage, nice deep sound with great dynamics. The source is probably the CD but it sounds so damn good that I wouldn't be shocked if it were a hi-res transfer. I'd be happy to link to the Ebay seller I got it from, if anyone's interested.

groovelocked likes this.
  16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

17. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

I received the Expanded Book edition today from Amazon for a final price of $28.14, and it is worth every penny. Includes a download of the video from the Deluxe Edition player, larger size pictures from the original, as well as 5 lenticular cards, on sturdy plastic stock, the same cd as the Deluxe. As far as I am concerned, this is an audiophile cd in every way. I believe this one is the way to go if you don't currently have the cd. It is 5 3/4" x 7 1/2" x 3/8", pretty much the same size as the Steven Wilson remastered Deluxe editions.

18. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I listened to this on our Harbeths up here, I haven't played it since release. It's still groovy baby, yeah baby.

I hope it's cheaper to see them a few years after the hype has died down. I was too cheap to pay what they were asking at TD for the floor... 4-5x more expensive than the last time I saw them for GA floor.

fuse999 likes this.
  19. Stotty81

Stotty81 Member

Surely now, with two physical CD editions out now an announcement regarding the vinyl release is imminent.
    Just hope it's not a RSD release and we see pre order links before the new year.

20. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Yes, surely! :laugh:

I'm certain it will be any day now!
    :whistle:

[Stotty81, I'm not laughing at you - my sympathies lie with vinyl people - I just think waiting for a vinyl release of an existing Tool album is like waiting for the next new album from another band.]

scarfaceclaw, Stotty81 and aphexj like this.
  21. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

If the official release is 5xLP as alleged earlier in the thread, that's certainly going to be a hefty item

22. Stotty81

Stotty81 Member

It's all cool, ive got a sense of humor, plus you're right

I've got the CDs now, so just wants me some vinyl now

23. sam1982

sam1982 Forum Resident

glad to see that the new book edition is easily available here now... but it's still $90

give it a few months, it'll come down to something reasonable

24. James Thomas

James Thomas Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but I think the vinyl will be announced late winter/early spring after the rest of the 2020 tour dates in Europe and summer leg in North America are announced and put up for sale. Next round of dates in North America will start around Bonnaroo in late May. Florida, North East, Canada, Midwest, tour ends in PNW. Winter leg starting next month will wrap it up for this tour for the southwest, CA, and south outside of Florida. Supposedly. Just pushing rumors.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  25. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Then pay $28 for the book version of Amazon, then sell the postcards on ebay for $15 and you keep your cheap CD. Or go digital.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.