Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

It will probably be 100,000 days before FI sees a vinyl release.....!

2. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I totally agree. Revisited this album again after a couple of months focusing on other music, and coming back to it it still rings true as a really powerful piece of work

3. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Superb record....such a shame that covid has put the kibosh on the tour for the foreseeable future...was really hoping for a European tour....so please I did get to see them at Donington last year..

Dorian75 likes this.
  4. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Yes I'm very grateful I saw them in Brooklyn last November. I also had tickets to the cancelled April Long Island show. Hopefully they can spin the tour back up next year, before Danny gets too old to keep playing at a high level!

5. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

The talk of a vinyl boxset with its own record player started as a joke on Twitter, but some people took it seriously.

Mind you, if Tool were to release such a box, I'm sure it would sell out instantly!

There was also the 5LP boxset that was supposedly already designed. Guess that's been delayed, along with everything else.

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  6. Jaap74

Jaap74 Forum Resident

Not listening to an album because it's not on vinyl :p

7. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I'm not paying for the CD. And I don't do downloads. No gear for it and I am not wasting money on equipment I have no plans on utilizing (No High Speed Internet Connection).

If you'd like to burn me a disc and send it to me, I'll listen to it.

Until then, though...I am happy to wait.

8. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

Did you type this message with a smart phone or a flip phone? Serious question.

9. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

My laptop.

10. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

Dial-up?!

11. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Essentially. Dial Up Speeds at least.

12. Jaap74

Jaap74 Forum Resident

It's all good buddy.......

13. collective11

collective11 Forum Resident

... or believing that one won't simply listen to an album because it's not on vinyl.

You do you, I guess :shrug:

14. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Seems fair enough. I buy CD s and frequently forgo albums that do not come out on that format.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  15. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

Tool forced my hand. I bought the CD - it was the first one I had bought for around 5 years and the last one. It was a solid album and I do not regret it. Would still love a proper vinyl version - not a bloody picture disk which ruined the Lateralus release.

Dorian75 and Guitarded like this.
  16. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

I've once again gotten back into a Tool kick since last summer when this album came out, I must listen to this again as well. I remember thinking it was a great album, although one I have to be in a mood for. The longer songs can be a bit tough to fully digest when not prepared. Really an album that demands focus...and that's a GOOD thing. It just means it's not one I can pull out and just listen passively.

I actually just listened to Eat The Elephant finally this week and...it's ok. I put Mer De Noms up there with the best Tool albums, but I'm not the biggest fan of Thirteenth Step or any of the albums that came after. I do like Thirteenth Step when I play it, I just never have the desire to. Mer De Noms sounds fresh every time I play it, the melodies are addicting and Maynard's voice is in top form there.

17. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Thanks for not mentioning format.

Madness likes this.
  18. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Digital Download. Sorry, didn't know that was necessary, it's only 7 minutes longer than the cd...

Hymie the Robot and Madness like this.
  19. Thoughtships

Thoughtships Forum Resident

Still waiting for a normal, reasonably-priced CD...

20. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

Mer De Noms is a classic album, Thirteenth Step I liked and still like quite a bit--solid follow up. eMOTIVe is pretty decent for a covers album. But Eat The Elephant didn't do it for me whatsoever.

21. Hymie the Robot

The last several posts were about formats. I was being serious. I could care less about the posts waiting for vinyl.

22. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Me too. I buy cds and cross my fingers it isn't mastered Shiitte. I'd rather have the vinyl but some releases are so noisy they fall into the Shiitte catagory, as well. ELP's Black Moon vinyl is some real garbage. I have two different pressing and both are garbage. I wonder which pressing plant did those...

Hymie the Robot likes this.
  23. Hymie the Robot

Thankfully, digital Tool isn't Shiitte!

fuse999 likes this.
  24. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Agreed, the high-res files sound great listening through the Onkyo HF Player app on my iPhone out through the Draygonfly Cobalt portable DAC.

25. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Thankfully, I have the download which cost me $14.00 and it sounds great. I put the download on an SD soundcard and play via my Oppo Modwright 105. I still want the vinyl, though as long as it is pressed well. Noisy vinyl pressings of Tool would be a total disappointment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.