Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

I don't think Danny, Justin and Adam will ever stop working together. Maynard may call it a day.

2. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

Is one of them going to sing with no Maynard? Or will they just become an instrumental act?

Also, I doubt Maynard will be sitting around not doing music, he has two other bands after all.

3. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

I meant call it a day in Tool. I just find it hard to believe that Adam, Justin and Danny would call it quits. I think they could survive without Maynard, especially since Maynard seems disinterested.

4. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Based on what? Seems to me he wanted to work more quickly than the rest of the band did.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  5. onlysleeping

onlysleeping Forum Resident

I'd be ok with this.

6. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Exactly, he has a winery after all. It takes a lot of work and a lot of time to keep that running. He has also made time for several other projects, he is hardly the reason for the hold up with this album. He has been waiting on the rest of the band for the last 13 years.

moops and Chrome_Head like this.
  7. Chrome_Head

3/4 of Tool wouldn’t be Tool of course. I wouldn’t be wholly interested in the other 3 going instrumental, but I would check it out of course.

Exactly this. It wasn’t Maynard holding things up the last 13 years. He’s been plenty active.

8. I got this message from Amazon after I ordered it on August 7th:

We’ll ship your order as soon as possible

This usually happens when an item doesn’t have a release date, it’s pre-ordered, or it’s out of stock.

Does anyone else see this message? I ordered it well under the wire. Moreover, it took my pre-order and showed the release date, as well as my purchase price. o_O

9. Chrome_Head

Seeing the same message, it’s cool—you should be locked in if you preordered.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  10. George McClellan

George McClellan Forum Resident

Per Bullmoose:

"WE ARE CLOSING PRE-ORDERS ON THIS ITEM IN ORDER TO PREVENT OVERSELLING.

IF WE ARE ABLE TO, WE WILL OPEN THIS BACK UP TO SALES AT A LATER DATE. WE APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING."

Chrome_Head and Hattipper like this.
  11. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

This is crazy, I am so glad I was first at my local store to order this...was not expecting this to happen that fast...I guess they have a loyal fan base...ha!

Admerr and Chrome_Head like this.
  12. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Look at the Ebay prices for this already...I wonder if those that thought the $37 was too much and did not preorder are regretting this now...I do not mean for that to be taken negative...

EVOLVIST likes this.
  13. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

We’ll certainly hear from Maynard and Danny.
    Maynard found his niche in the wine biz and both love their side projects. Maynard with Puscifer and APC, Danny with Seagullmen and Volto!.

14. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

I got mine just 2 days ago via importcds for the $37 price after the news of places selling out too.

scotti likes this.
  15. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I had no idea you could sell a pre-order on eBay. That's nuts, >$100. Luckily I locked mine in with Amazon. I'm really curious how many they are making. Can't be too many.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  16. Chrome_Head

I’m wondering how many they’re making of the limited edition as well—300k? 500k?

17. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I'd guess way less than that. But who knows.

18. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Manyard has got the easiest gig out of all of them, wait 13 years for the other guys to hand him material :D

Extract likes this.
  19. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Just got an estimated arrival date of Aug 30th from Amazon. Guess this means my order has been approved for delivery. Was kinda nervous this order was gonna get cancelled after Amazon closed the orders. :D

20. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

He doesn’t need to do it for finances anymore.

VinylMario likes this.
  21. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

Maynard has more than enough projects to keep him busy! :righton:
    BTW, if anyone still has any reservations to own one of these deluxe packages, that window is closing on you. Barnes & Noble and Zia record has already sold out. Target still seems to have it up, but for how long? Amazon Canada, UK and Germany still have them up for pre-order as well. Both UK and Germany being the most expensive of the Amazon pre-orders. Of course you could always buy one off of eBay!;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  22. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

The ticks and leeches on Ebay are going through the roof.
    The best bet is to Google it and compare prices, like I did.

If you want to get it, push-it!!!!

23. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

I seriously doubt that any record company is going to leave money behind and keep the physical release limited to this thing. It’s the music business. It doesn’t behoove them to have a singular limited run as the only thing to sell. The whole thing so far seems pretty cynical to me — or maybe I just regret not pre-ordering.

24. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I'd be shocked if there isn't a regular CD release.

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  25. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Safe return from what?
    I don’t find a trace of pre-Ænima Tool in it and that was different with anything before.
    Judging from the three new tracks I get the idea that they have evolved since 10.000 Days, which wasn’t a big departure from Lateralus tbh.

Ristifer and Gila like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.