Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

Both will allow you to select your format. If you want something for iTunes, you will have the options for AIFF and ALAC.

Qobuz: Saves your purchase and allows you to re-download and change the format type as needed. Slow downloader.

Hdtracks: Gives you about three days to re-download if needed but after that you can’t download it again. You also can’t change the format you selected. Faster downloader.

Plan9, St. Troy and pexie like this.
  2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I’m jazzed to hear the music; I could give two figs about the packaging. Who cares?

3. eric777

I agree. I just want the music. :righton:

GodShifter and SirMarc like this.
  4. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Yup

drevil, GodShifter and eric777 like this.
  5. pexie

pexie Forum Resident

For what it's worth, one can convert files within iTunes to whatever format they wish FLAC, WAV AIFF. So, why wouldn't you just download the FLAC format for posterity's sake? These days a 256g memory is pretty cheap too so why carry lossy files on a portable device as it's not a necessary space saver?

eric777 likes this.
  6. eric777

This is true. When I purchase from Hdtracks, I get the album in FLAC and make another copy for my iPhone in 24/44.1 AIFF.

pexie likes this.
  7. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Thanks

eric777 likes this.
  8. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

HD Tracks’ website says “HDtracks is the only site to offer full cover art and liner notes in pdf format,” which is a nice touch (and could be the difference for me), but has this been true in people’s experience?

ChristopherTeuma likes this.
  9. eric777

No, I have purchased things from Bandcamp and 7 Digital that came with liner notes. I have bought things from Hdtracks that didn't. Digital booklets are offered by the labels that submit the files to them.

pexie, Plan9 and ChristopherTeuma like this.
  10. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

We were talking about the saminess of Tool's music since DAYS earlier in the thread ... One new element would be Maynard's voice which I quite enjoy on the new title track. I have tried APC and I'm not a fan but Maynard always has a strong vocal.

11. BIG-JG

BIG-JG Forum Resident

12. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

It does look cool. And is apparently durable because that person was not being gentle at all!

13. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Thanks ... although I was cringing at how the child was handling that packaging and the CD :eek:

It looks cool, although I don't really care so much for cool packaging these days, and will happily wait for the regular CD (or maybe the hi-def download).

--Geoff

14. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

Ha ha, that's ridiculous and fun!

TOOL know the CD is dead so they make this mother of a swan song, I like it.

Adam is constantly showing pics of his kids at his Instagram, I'd say that's his kid in the video.

Chrome_Head, RockyRaccoon and eric777 like this.
  15. EricMack

EricMack Forum Resident

Very interesting and cool. Glad I have a couple ordered. Gonna be a looong week

16. eric777

I’m glad to see that I was not the only one who cringed.

ChristopherTeuma and George P like this.
  17. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

That figure ... looks kinda like a skeleton of a multi-armed Groot :laugh:

--Geoff

St. Troy likes this.
  18. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

The package is spectacular!

But I'm still gonna get the download.

I was always gonna get the download.

But credit where it's due.

eric777 and George P like this.
  19. Man that video was hard to watch, thought he was going to tear it apart, fingerprints everywhere eew.

ChristopherTeuma and eric777 like this.
  20. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Yes it is ... although I wonder (based on the unboxing video) if you could get the same 'experience' by by just playing the inevitable youtube clip on yer phone while you listen to the CD.

Now if there was a vinyl version with 12" embedded video player .... that would be totally awesome :agree:

--Geoff

Dorian75 and Admerr like this.
  21. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

22. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Forum Resident

I like to use VLC, that way I don’t have to convert anything. I’ve put 24-bit WAV, FLAC, and other lossless/HD formats on my phone and they’ve all played flawlessly with the VLC app. Plus, I can download to my phone wirelessly using the app. I think it’s a great option if your phone has the storage space, but I haven’t really used anything else (other than iTunes, of course).

Chrome_Head and eric777 like this.
  23. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Forum Resident

One could argue you’d get a better experience that way because you wouldn’t be confined to a 4” screen and tiny speakers.

Packaging looks really cool, though. I didn’t watch the entire video, just skimmed over it cause I didn’t want to spoil my own personal unboxing too much, but I feel even more like the price was fair after seeing that. Next Friday can’t come soon enough.

24. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

Looks splendiferous!!!

25. SecondHandNews

SecondHandNews Forum Resident

That really looks nice. Can't wait to see it in person.

eric777 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.