Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Nice confetti.

2. Fantomas

Fantomas Member

Did you guys noticed that the digital content not included the full album? Just the main 7 songs, I'm assuming the tracklist at 2:10 minute is the digital content, or am I wrong?

St. Troy likes this.
  3. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

There are Utilities that will let you transcode between formats, but FLAC files are not natively supported in iTunes.

4. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I’m seriously regretting not pre-ordering now. I could care less about the screen, but that artwork is sick.

So much for being satisfied with a High-Res download.

SecondHandNews likes this.
  5. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

SecondHandNews and Vinyl Addict like this.
  6. Near to completely false. It's usually a single image of the album cover.
    Which it was for the recently released Tool albums.
    I've got the occasional full booklet but it's occasional enough that I can't recall.
    I'm usually buying things I already own on CD, so I don't take a lot of notice.

St. Troy likes this.
  7. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

....woo-wee, this thread eh?? :D
    I’m wayyyyy late on the pre-order deal and I’m still beyond stoked new Tool music comes out next Friday. Tool marathon started tonight and will repeat leading up to this time next week. :cool::thumbsup:

8. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

I find PDF booklets are pretty rare. ECM records usually include one with newer releases. The only really major recent release I got a PDF booklet with was the Zappa In New York 5 cd release a while back. Other than that I can't think of one off the top of my head.

ChristopherTeuma and Chrome_Head like this.
  9. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

I don’t know how the standard got set that every digital download didn’t come with at least a PDF of a booklet of some kind.

10. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Forum Resident

I can understand not having it for artists that only release their music via download or streaming, but I couldn’t agree more that everyone else should include a PDF booklet of sorts. It’s almost dereliction that record companies don’t include it since they have files that they used to print all the artwork, booklets, posters, stickers, and any other ephemera for the physical releases.

11. craigobau

craigobau Forum Resident

Limited Edition unboxing video...

12. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

I'm assuming that's the tracklist from a rip of the CD.

--Geoff

13. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Very difficult to not watch that unboxing vid right now..still haven't heard the single...virgin eyes & ears with this one.

This...week...is....going....to....be.....excruciating!

ChristopherTeuma and Chrome_Head like this.
  14. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

No kidding, I wouldn’t let that guy anywhere near my collection or my guitars. Hands of a child.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    ChristopherTeuma likes this.
  15. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

Really? Not just hands but body and mind and voice as well. That's Adam Jones' kid

Tullman likes this.
  16. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Might they be operating under the logical (but perhaps <100% accurate) assumption that the download market is relatively uninterested in what originally were the trappings of the physical media being replaced by downloads?

RockyRaccoon likes this.
  17. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

Unboxing vid has been removed . . . I downloaded an HQ copy for myself as I don't plan on buying it, as great as it looks.
    I'm going to get a HQ download and make my own 2 CD-R version

18. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Hilarious how the unboxing videos were removed due to copyright claims.
    Since when is opening a product you own and showing it to people protected under copyright?
    Sometimes the internet is so lame!

19. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

If you want you can report the thread and have a request to change it to just discussion about the music, moderators will appropriately moderate a thread that has such specific rules in it. Then someone else can start a thread for shipping updates and format discussion.

I had to tune out of this thread a week ago and am now just scrolling through it looking for interesting posts. Sadly I missed the unboxing video before it was taken down, but I have two copies preordered just in case.

20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I watched the video with the sound off . I had no idea who was opening the box. I thought it was some collector person online. Haha, that’s funny.

21. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

I didn’t watch the entire video but skipped around to look.

Interesting that lyrics were included; I thought those were a longtime Tool no-no.

The art overall looked interesting and nice.

I couldn't much tell what the screen was supposed to be doing, but I assume that would translate much better in-person anyway.

22. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

23. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

I admit, I would enjoy the poetic irony of this thread being rid (by its masters) of “unnecessary” posts about the Fear Incompletum CD being rid (by its masters) of “unnecessary” tracks. It has an intriguing 1984-ish whiff about it (FI has always had 7 tracks...).

agentalbert likes this.
  24. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I'm not referring to the segues being left off of the CD, that is legitimately annoying. What I'm referring to is the posts on ALAC vs AIFF, iTunes, Qobuz, HDTracks, etc all these things can be answered elsewhere on this forum or a simple Google search and these are general questions and not specific for this album.

And there are threads for big releases/reissues on this forum for things like shipping updates and format discussion, pricing, etc to streamline discussion for people that are interested in discussing the sound quality or music.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    ermylaw, St. Troy and Boswell like this.
  25. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.