Travis - The Man Who..Collectors Boxset

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by modrevolve, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yesterday I said to my girlfriend, you know I'd really be down with reissues of the first couple Travis albums on vinyl. Today when I log into Discogs, I see that this boxset was released today. Of course its already sold out. I guess I forgot to follow them on Facebook and it was never written up on any website I read nor was it sold outside of the band's website.

Love this record and really hope we see at least a standard vinyl reissue at some point.

'THE MAN WHO' NUMBERED LIMITED EDITION COLLECTORS BOX SET 08.09.17 - TRAVIS | 'The Man Who' Box Set out now!

Travis - The Man Who - Numbered Limited Edition Collector's Boxset - TM Stores

Gaslight and supermolland like this.
  2. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

Yeah it was pretty low key, I only managed to get one because I saw a thread over on VC. Surely a wider LP release has to be coming.

3. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

who is Travis ?

Where is Waldo ?

4. modrevolve

So from reading the Q&A banter on their website with fans, it looks like this is it for a vinyl pressing and no standalone release of just the album. I've seen them a couple of times and am a $30 from MOV kind of fan not an $85 boxset. So if that is all they are playing to do with The Man Who then my loss I suppose. From the looks of it, a lot of fans missed out. Its like RSD but without waiting in line.

5. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Yeah, that's too bad.

Enjoyed this album back in the day and still do.....but even if it was still available, I'm in the same situation. $30 MOV reissue? I might bite on that one, but not $65+.

6. John Adam

John Adam An Introvert In Paradise

"Travis" is a great band, with some terrific tunes, not so popular in the States. They were a part of my alternative radio favorites from the 1990's. [Why Does It Always Rain On Me?, Sing, Closer, Turn etc.]
    Good luck finding Waldo!

7. They were sold in the States as the next Oasis. The label gave them a fairly big promotional push here.

8. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

ill look into them.

i do like Biffy Clyro on recommendation from my cousin in Belfast.

ill look into travis.

John Adam likes this.
  9. Dflow

Dflow Listening in the time of Dylan

What and/or Where is VC?

10. Travis to me were a better band and songwriters than Oasis. Their records sounded better ( not overly compressed ) and more melodic. Not as thick and loud as Oasis.

Very different band though but I like them way more than Oasis. I bought almost all their CDs when they came out.

wwright, EVOLVIST, longdist01 and 5 others like this.
  11. modrevolve

Vinyl Collectors Club..the guys on youtube who make videos of themselves showing off their collections.

I didn't know there is a forum as well.

Dflow likes this.
  12. Mondie

Mondie Forum Resident

13. alan967tiger

alan967tiger Forum Resident

I bought the collector's box set (no. 997/1000). I have a 1st UK pressing of TMW and the vinyl in the box set is on a par with the 1st pressing. I'm very happy with the box set; the book of photos is lovely and imo, it was worth the £50. I'll get round to playing the extra tracks soon. A very nice set:)

Gaslight likes this.
  14. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident

Wow, I never got word about this reissue. Anyone got some reviews? Was this an online store only release? There are a couple of sets on sale at Discogs now but at a premium already.

15. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Travis were more sons of Radiohead than Oasis

John Adam likes this.
  16. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

Travis are a good band, I wasnt a bit fan back in the day but am really into them now. Oasis have always been so-so to me.

17. Randy S

Randy S Ibuprofen junkie In Memoriam

How stupid is that? I'd buy a standalone copy of this one and Invisible Band in a heartbeat. I might even pay $85 for the box but that ain't the asking price anymore.

18. Alien Ache

Alien Ache Soul black vinyl to stop your tears

Scored a VG+ copy of the original pressing at Beautiful World Syndicate in Philly. It wasn't cheap but I had to have it.

19. modrevolve

Gaslight likes this.
  20. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident

Am on the fence about this boxed set as I’m not too keen with the b-sides. I’m quite happy with my VG/VG+ first press so I’ll probably pass on this, unless the price goes down. But count me in for Glastonbury’99!

Live at Glastonbury 1999

21. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Great Album. Don't think I want to spend the $85 for it.

22. aravel

aravel starchitect...then, father!

::::... it would be great to hear this one on vinyl, but, man, you cut my fav trilogy: "Driftwood-Last Laught-Turn" ...this sequence is IMO what makes this album great...just checked the original press on Lp is the same track order per side...then, this one was released to be listened on CD?

23. modrevolve

Gaslight likes this.
  24. Minafer

Minafer Forum Resident

I picked up the numbered box set. IMO it sounded like a very compressed file pressed to vinyl. I'd have to assume the subsequent reissues are that same pressing. I'm curious if anyone is paying attention, whats the difference between this box set and the earlier pressed one? seems like the "book" grew by 10 pages or so, assuming no autographed litho/photo....

FYI I picked up the Glastonbury vinyl.... refused to pay the additional $5 for the cd even though I'd love mp3s. Shipping to the us was insane!

25. I'll wait for The Invisible Band 20th set. :)

Minafer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.