Trying to support "Brick and Morter" But......

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by rl1856, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David E. Turner

David E. Turner New Member

Yep Clyde is still rolling along. Always seems to have a couple stacks of new additions and I've never not left without what seems like a crate full. :) Also, just down the road from Collector's Choice is Recyclable Records with some great deals and a huge dollar-bin section of it's own.

BTW..thanks for the link out. Vinyl Carolina is my site. :)

seed_drill, Spin Doctor and Subagent like this.
  2. vwestlife

vwestlife Forum Resident

Reminds me of this junk shop in New Hampshire. The place is so cluttered it's nearly impossible to walk through, and prices are all high, but the guy taking the video was able to get a fair deal on a bunch of Edison Diamond Disc records:

3. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Lol. That place is near me. I’ve only gone in once and got bad vibes from the place, like there was a murder committed there and the body was placed in an oil drum out back. Probably nothing like that happened, but something about it gives me the creeps.

4. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

[​IMG]

5. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

He also had a lot of unrestored vintage high end gear. So I hope not.

6. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Where is Recyclble? I remember another shop on Cannon, but that was years ago.

7. McLover

McLover Senior Member

But for the prices he's asking, those units better be refurbished and functioning to standard. Not needing further proper repairs and restoration (which the original poster seems to say to me they need). I have a Heathkit W5M which belongs to a customer (who wants another), I'd sell him for $500 as is, so he'd have Stereo (I have a customer who would be pleased to get that price for it too, for his singleton)

8. Mmmark

Mmmark Forum Resident

Good thing you don't hold a grudge for too long!

9. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

Re: shops with overpriced stock and no evidence of customers.
    They could be a front for a money-laundering operation. They don't need to make money, and in fact, making money is detrimental to their business plan.

Reminds me of a Chinese restaurant near where I lived, it was in the middle of a thriving trendy street full of vibrant cafes and restaurants open in the evening and specialty shops open in the day. This restaurant was open day and evening, and never had any customers - even on the busy Fri/Sat evenings when every other eatery was turning away customers. Out of curiosity I ordered take-away, just to see if they could produce any food. I did get a hot meal out of them, but it was terrible food.

10. Cyclone Ranger

Cyclone Ranger New old stock

I know what bricks are, but what's 'morter'? :shrug:

11. Trace

Trace Senior Member

Not really a grudge, it's just not for me and there's no need wasting my time going in there. If I go to a restaurant and the food isn't good, I don't go back. Same thing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.