Tube playday

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

My missus had to hit the road for a few days on bidness, so I got to haul my Dynaco tube set-up (PAS 3-X preamp, pair of MK-IV 40 watt mono amps) outta the garage today... Takes a good hour to get everything nice and hot, then get the bias adjusted to the prescribed 1.56 volts, and then ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Amazing how much better that Talking Heads cd with Up All Night sounds with tubes in the chain; that Ace Wanda Jackson set is reallllllllllly sweet sounding, and that Capitol echo is outta dis world! I'm in a rocker mood, so mebbe that Nat King Cole gold hits set I got last week will haveta wait til tomorrow... :)

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Mk-IV's are really neat.... :) Glad to hear you fed it some electricity.

3. indy mike

My wife is pretty understanding when it comes to my hobbies, but those toaster oven amps are where she draws the line. Dyna lover that you are, you oughta Ebay up a pair - they have a little more oomph than a ST-70 packs...

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I know... They're very competitive. Mine doesn't mind the tube amps, we don't have kids. Just a cat and some fish.

She likes that I'm into those projects, an interest that requires some brains and technique... Good, clean fun on even a rainy day.

As soon as I get my bigger amps going, I'll decide to where I'm going, and glowing. :)

5. indy mike

I gave some CCR SACD's a spin last night before I called it quits - those amps make Steve's choices while mastering ohhhh soooo apparent - ol' Johnny F. sure wanted to capture a little of that Sun Records magic, dat's fer sure!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.