Tubes from Upscale Audio

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Randy W, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy W

Randy W Original Member Thread Starter

I want to give a recommendation for Kevin Deal of Upscale Audio. After hearing from Ben and Steve about Kevin's reputation regarding NOS tubes, I bit the bulllit and ordered the best Mullard tubes that Upscale carries for my Cary pre-amp - WOW what an improvement! Unfortunately, one tube was noisy and Kevin took care of it with minimal paperwork.

Thanks to Steve and Ben for their recommendation, and Kevin for making good on my investment in good sound! :)

2. Maxxwire

Maxxwire Forum Resident

I recently retubed my Conrad Johnson MV-52 Power amp and I got the phase inverter Tubes from Upscale Audio. I wasn't expecting much of an increase in sound quality, but I was proven very wrong.

~Maxx~

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Kevin knows his tubes, that's for sure. I trust him.

4. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Please send a link or phone # for Upscale Audio.

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Go to my homepage. On there, isn't it? Yes, a direct link. Scroll down.

www.stevehoffman.tv

6. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

Kevin is a great guy to deal with but his prices are off the scale. I have bought 90% of my tubes from him in the past but I have recently tried other sources due to his escalating prices.
    For example, $150 a piece for A-Frame Amperex tubes.:eek:
    Or $150 for Tele 12AX7's.:eek:
    The only comforting thing is that Kevin will do an exchange or refund your money.:)

7. JRH

JRH Forum Resident

Also, his testing and grading process is pretty thorough

Although I haven't bought tubes for some time, I've only had good experiences with Upscale Audio.

8. Maxxwire

Maxxwire Forum Resident

I had this same reaction when I saw the $150/ea price on the Amperex 7308 PQ White Label Tubes that I use in my preamp. Then I found out from a friend who purchased his Ah! CD player from Upscale Audio that his equipment purchase entitles him to ½ off the listed tube prices.

~Maxx~

9. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

But only for the equipment bought from Upscale. I always use Upscale though, I know Kevin will stand behind what he sells.

10. PakProtector

PakProtector New Member

When one wants good valves, that are among other things, guaranteed, one must pay for the privilege. I must confess to never dealing with Kevin. I like to hunt my own stuff. I also take on the responsibility to sort if properly for critical circuits.

There is no fast way to do what is required to achieve the sort of customer satisfaction Kevin enjoys. If you want stock on hand for your good customers, one must have upper end prices. That he offers the break to his good customers is a fine thing IMO.

The DIY gene prevents me from paying large sums for things I am both capable of and enjoy doing. That is OK with me though( and Kevin I suspect )....from an old Clint Eastwood moovie....

A man has got to know his limitations.....
    cheers,
    Douglas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.