TV shows that have not been shown on TV in a long time

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikaelaArsenault, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Peter Berg went on to be a director and I've seen a few cast members in movies...not too much else? am I missing something?

2. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

Right now it is on once per week, MeTV Sunday night/Monday morning 2AM Eastern. They just (re)started a few weeks ago from the first episode.

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that's cool...I own the entire series on DVD...

4. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

San Pedro Beach Bums (ABC, 1977)

Memorable for exactly one line..."Football....you bet!"

Silver Surfer likes this.
  5. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

It also ran for years on Lifetime.

6. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

No. To the best of my knowledge that show hasn't run anywhere in decades and I'm not even sure that its even been available in decades. Very rare show. I think I might have one or two from film but that's it.

7. James Slattery

I have the pilot movie but that's it. Never turned up a real episode. I really wanted to like that show as it was an attempt to replicate the East Side Kids/Bowery Boys. Except they weren't funny and they were total wimps. The East Side Kids were tough!

Sharky1323 and Steve Litos like this.
  8. NUNZI

NUNZI Forum Resident

"Buffalo Bill", where are you?

Jimmy B. likes this.
  9. BroJB

BroJB Large Marge sent me.

Police Squad.

One of the funniest shows in TV history, but good luck finding it on a streaming service.

10. James Slattery

Last 2 shows have been out on DVD for years.

11. Spiny Norman

Spiny Norman Forum Resident

Yes that takes the urgency off it, doesn't it?

The Tales of the vikings episodes you mention, they're the 4 that are on youtube, right? Weapon/Hill of the law/Merchants of Venice/Black stone?

I found them very enjoyable. Well written, not too slow. For young people, obviously, but there's nothing wrong with that.

12. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

eurekas castle

are you afraid of the dark

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  13. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Car 54

Jimmy B. likes this.
  14. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Good Morning World

Scope J likes this.
  15. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

That has run on some of the retro channels of late. I saw one not too long ago. It was Antenna TV or COZI or DECADES or something like that.

Jamey K likes this.
  16. pressureworld

pressureworld Forum Resident

My favorites are Space 1999 and Tales of the Unexpected.

17. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

MikeInFla likes this.
  18. James Slattery

This is why people buy DVDs. Streaming shows come and go, although some never are available that route. Once you own the DVDs, you aren't at the mercy of the streaming sites.

19. James Slattery

3 shows I thought of which have not aired in the videotaping era (post 1980):

Original 1950s Dragnet. Even though they made 276 episodes, the show was pulled out of syndication when the color revival series was produced in 1966 and has not aired anywhere since, save for maybe a couple dozen shows which circulate off old 16mm prints.

Make Room For Daddy (not the Danny Thomas Show, which was what the title was changed to in season 4). The last time the first 3 seasons, with Jean Hagen, aired was on NBC daytime reruns in the early 60s. They've been out of circulation since and will remain so. Danny and Jean didn't get along and when she quit the show, it was almost cancelled. He didn't want those episodes to be seen again and his children have adhered to his wishes and won't allow them out.

The Lineup (aka San Francisco Beat). Another long running cop show, essentially the San Francisco version of Dragnet, they made 201 episodes but save for a few episodes which aired during nostalgia festivals, the show has not been run anywhere since the 70s.

Other than some of the live shows, I can't really think of any series that were as long running and popular as these which have remained unavailable and are likely to remain so.

fr in sc likes this.
  20. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I thought "Make Room for Daddy" aired on Nick at Night and/or TV-Land in the late 80s/early 90s?

21. James Slattery

In syndication, the entire run of The Danny Thomas Show was called Make Room for Daddy. When it was on first run in the 50s and 60s, the first 3 seasons, it was called Make Room for Daddy and then seasons 4-11 were called The Danny Thomas Show. Those first 3 seasons were the ones I was referring to, which have not been seen since the early 60s.

22. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Of a slightly more recent vintage than most mentioned....

Homicide, did it ever go into syndication?

It’s always a drag when there is a Law & Order 2 parter with Homicide crossover, and there is nothing.

23. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

I never see reruns on tv of the drew cary show.

24. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Streets of San Francisco.

25. Billo

Billo Forum Resident

maybe not on TV in the USA for a while but 'The Streets of San Francisco' was screened here in the UK a couple of years ago and the entire series is out on DVD so at least it can be obtained

I wish someone would screen the 30 or so restored episodes of Universal's
    'The Name of The Game' alternately starring Gene Barry / Tony Franciosa / Robert Stack - and featuring a young Susan Saint James and Ben Murphy in supporting roles

Cozi TV screened them a few years ago in the USA but we haven't had the show in the UK since around 1974...!

NBC Universal won't put TNOTG out on DVD either, while we get the same old episodes of 'Columbo' in a day long bunch week after week after week....
    I can't watch that show now due to it's over saturation re-screening here !

would love to see Banacek, McCloud, McMillan and Wife, Madigan instead...tho' at least those are out on DVD

fr in sc, WLL and MikaelaArsenault like this.