Twilight Zone reboot with Jordan Peele - CBS All Access - Series Cancelled*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RickH, Nov 2, 2017.

1. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

There are some good episodes and some not-so-good, but I found the experience overall positive, and better than that Jordan Peele thing.

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They woke.
    They forgot story comes first.
    They were put back to bed.

3. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Thanks for the heads up! I had never heard of this series and did not know what to expect. Have watched 2 episodes so far and it's a cool show!

4. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Heard about it. Never saw it and didn't want to see it mainly because I don't have a streaming service for CBS All Access.

But I didn't like the '80's version of Twilight Zone either. No Serling, no noir like black & white image, no interest from me.

I really do think people who make TV series like remakes of shows like Twilight Zone don't get the big picture which is made of much engaging smaller parts as I listed that creates a totally new and interesting way of telling a story. The more unique the less people are going to accept remakes.

5. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

Season 1 of the new Twilight Zone on blu ray has all the episodes in B&W as well as the standard color. Just FYI.
    [​IMG]

6. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

7. 64FALCON

64FALCON Forum Resident

Post #229 above reminded me of the mid-80s reboot of the 'Alfred Hitchcock Presents' program. Alfred had died in 1980 but I believe some of his old-time, b&w "intros" were colorized and used to introduce the new stories. I think it ran only 1 season? 1985-86?

As far the '80s re-boot of "The Twilight Zone" the producers would've had to dig up Rod, too. He died in 1975 at age 50 so if he were to have 'hosted' the '80s series the producers would've had to take his old b&w intros and colorize 'em, too, just like with Alfred.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  8. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Season One of that All-Access show became available in black & white while it was still in progress. You had a choice of watching in color or black & white. I think it made a bit of a difference, at least in the one episode that I watched in black & white, but overall the series was way too preachy for me. I never watched any of the second season.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.