„Twin Peaks“ Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sgt. Abbey Road, Sep 14, 2021.

1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

A VHS Rip of Twin Peaks on Internet Archive:

2. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Hubby really loved Twin Peaks…been so long ago I can’t remember details of it as I should.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. CrimsonPiper

CrimsonPiper Forum Resident

Perfect time for a Rerun...

joy stinson and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  4. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

5. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident

I was wondering if anybody had heard this before. It's an audio book that ends at the start of season two and it's a pretty fun listen.

CrimsonPiper and Lord Summerisle like this.
  6. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

Big deal over here this week. Last night, we just started with the Pilot episode. Will be watching, once again, all the way through The Return.

Interesting to note already some references in The Return to a few things in the pilot episode. Very minor things but cool nonetheless.

7. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Found my vhs recording of the Mark Frost/David Lynch comedy series On The Air, but it was only the first episode. Found the other six episodes online but with Japanese subtitles. It is weird and good. Several Twin Peaks actors are in it, too.

This series needs to be released by Criterion.

AlphabetMan likes this.
  8. benny

benny Senior Member

Cool! What references did you find?

9. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

I’m no scholar and haven’t read much about Twin Peaks. There are obviously a zillion other things but a couple things I never really considered….

The pilot episode begins the odd focus on the traffic light, which I remember in The Return and other seasons. Going back to the pilot episode and seeing this made me think quite a bit about it.

But the really interesting thing to me was when Bobby and his friend were in the jail cell for getting in the brawl at the roadhouse and they were making those ape noises while looking at James, in the other cell. This reminded me of the drunk in jail in The Return and the odd sounds he was making before he started parroting the other guy in jail. Very similar scenes.

And for laughs, the giggling waitress Heidi. She was in The Return and I completely forgot she was in the original Twin Peaks. A nice surprise!

SirCandy likes this.
  10. benny

benny Senior Member

you’ve inspired me to do a rewatch. Twin Peaks is my all time favorite series.

SirCandy, Plinko and DavidW like this.
  11. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

I don’t rewatch many shows but this one is definitely worth it. I suspect there will be greater understanding *and* still more questions (lol) once I get through it.

SirCandy likes this.
  12. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

That guy was hilarious, he apparently was working on the production as an assistant director or some such.

I also remember Heidi's giggles and the weird howling of Bobby and Mike, and of course the traffic light.

The one scene in the Return that was odd was at the end of one of the later episodes where the bar is closed and someone is sweeping up -the sweeping up goes on for quite awhile.

I don't know what to make of Audrey's bit in the return either...

Plinko likes this.
  13. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

Well when it was finished, I thought the sweeping thing was hilarious. That would have been something something like that were televised on ABC in 1991.

I haven’t figured out the Audrey thing either. She doesn’t interact with the outside world so has to be inside her head or something.

It’s definitely nice to go back to the beginning and see these people when they were much younger. If I wait long enough between viewings, I forget a lot of cool stuff.

ubiknik likes this.