Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. analogy

analogy Active Member

I'm still recovering from the fact that I now actually own the mythical FWWM deleted scenes and can watch them as many times as I want. That was a big one in Twin Peaks fan-land!!!

kevywevy likes this.
  2. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025) Thread Starter

Agreed. I was lucky enough to watch those in the theatre with Lynch a few rows away.

I can't believe this is really happening!

3. spotlightkid

spotlightkid Senior Member

On Twitter 38 minutes ago:

TWIN PEAKS NEW GENERATION ‘WILL APPEAL TO YOUTH’
    Posted by Chad Sternberger
    HOLLYWOOD – Mark Frost and David Lynch’s cult TV show Twin Peaks is to return to television courtesy of Showtime and a re-imagining which will continue the story through the new younger generation.
    David Lynch and co-creator Frost had already taken to Twitter to hint at a renewal of the show which ran for thirty episodes and a spin off movie, Fire Walk With Me, but the Dune director wanted to speak at length and EXCLUSIVELY to the Studio Exec:

I’ve been really into my Transcendental Meditation for ages now. And it has been satisfying, you sit there and become one with the universe more or less, but the downside of it is a. cramps and b. it gets really, really boring. So when Mark called me up and said he had some ideas for a new Twin Peaks I said, ‘let’s do this’.

What will the new show be like?

It’ll be the young kids. I don’t see how anyone can even remember who Kyle MacLachlan is anymore, so I want to go with Dale Cooper’s son, Rodney Cooper, played by Zac Efron. Rodney is called to the town when his dad goes missing and it turns out that the Son of Bob (Freddie Highmore), a mysterious serial killer might be responsible. Of course, the girl with the twig (Selena Gomez) roams the town weirdly as does Donna Hayward’s daughter Marcy (Ariana Grande). There’s going to be a lot more music in this version. I’ve been watching a lot of Glee and I think that will add something to the show, though Mark is a bit resistant.

Will this change of direction effect other aspects of the show?

Yes. Instead of Damn Fine Coffee, Rodney Cooper will say things like hashtag DFC.

Twin Peaks: The New Generation will be broadcast early in the Spring, 2015.

Mr. H and 93curr like this.
  4. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

This is a joke, right?

5. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    "There’s going to be a lot more music in this version. I’ve been watching a lot of Glee"

Chip TRG, Mal, Mr. H and 3 others like this.
  6. Daniel Plainview

They should make an official announcement via secret code.

The tear in her stockings means the show will air on Cinemax. Her puckered lips means that Laura Flynn Boyle has declined involvement with the project.

Mr. H likes this.
  7. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Well, we have confirmation!!! The bad news...2016.

8. Daniel Plainview

Man, that's going to be a long, painful wait!

bluejeanbaby likes this.
  9. Peter Harrar

Peter Harrar Senior Member

10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I will be interesting to see if they film any of the establishing shots in the Snoqualmie area again. Most of the locations have been highly developed and are unrecognizable. The only thing that is almost unchanged is the diner exterior.

11. liv3evil

liv3evil Forum Resident

Edit: @vertigone posted YouTube link already. Man am I excited!! Pants soiled...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    vertigone likes this.
  12. analogy

analogy Active Member

I'm currently grasping for air.

13. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

This does raise a pertinent question. If Donna Hayward is involved, who gets the invite, Lara Flynn Boyle or Moira Kelly? I prefer Moira Kelly.

14. Daniel Plainview

I'm not going to be able to sleep for a year. I'm too jazzed! This is like some sort of miracle.

15. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Who would have thought they would ever pay off Laura Palmer's " I'll see you in 25 years" line-- let alone 25 actual years later!

team2 likes this.
  16. analogy

analogy Active Member

So I guess The Entire Mystery isn't really the entire mystery... :D!

johnnyyen likes this.
  17. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Pretty sure this is the opposite of "nature abhors a vacuum"-- "the commercial and artistic forces involved abhor a complete Twin Peaks box."

18. spotlightkid

spotlightkid Senior Member

19. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

20. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

21. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Can't wait!!

22. Daniel Plainview

Will Coop continue to use the microcassette recorder or has he moved on to more modern technology? I hope modern day isn't THAT modern day. I'd kinda feel weird seeing Shelly texting and stuff.

23. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Um, if Shelly is on the show at all, I will not be concerned about her method of telecommunication, because my socks will be on fire.

liv3evil and Daniel Plainview like this.
  24. Daniel Plainview

Oh, Shelly's gotta come back. Lynch needs to find an excuse to kiss her again.

I'd like to see Leo again, but of course he might not have survived his "ordeal".

25. liv3evil

liv3evil Forum Resident

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but one (long last name) word: BADALAMENTI. New Twin Peaks music is almost as exciting (to me) as new episodes...