Two new songs of Paul McCartney for recordstore day !

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Victor46542, Oct 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Why weren't these two songs in the mega expensive suitcase if they were from the same sessions?
    Paul is really testing his fanbase with his last album and its numerous variations and spin offs.

2. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

The Traveller's Edition would be a ridiculous waste of money with or without these songs, but I don't recall any suggestion that it included everything that would ever be released from the Egypt Station sessions.

theMess and MPLRecords like this.
  3. An edition is never complete, even an archive one!

Zongadude likes this.
  4. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Lot's of folks here were suggestion it left an right, but we were doubtful it would happen and it would have been the only possible way to somehow kind of justify that expense, if it would have say half a dozen or more unreleased tracks from the sessions, but that was not to be.

5. Dr. Pepper

Truer words were never spoken.

Zongadude likes this.
  6. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Who knows if the basic tracks of the two new songs are from the ES sessions but have received some overdubs sometime in 2019?

MPLRecords likes this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

They have to keep milking the cow... ;)

[​IMG]

8. Dr. Pepper

Can't quite get what you are saying here? Can you clarify? Are you saying the the artists you list are releasing their songs as a stream of singles, or that they are notorious double dippers and re-re-re-releasing stuff. In my ideal world, since artists aren't making much off of albums anyway, they would release s single every month for a year, then at the end of the year collect all those singles together and release them as an album with a couple extra bonus tracks. Then folks could decide if they want to purchase the songs as they come out or wait for the album, but as least they would know and have their choice.

Paulwalrus likes this.
  9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

that is a good idea, but i doubt any company would even think of releasing a CD single anymore.

10. Dr. Pepper

Maybe just digital singles or ideally digital and 45 vinyls. The problem being the amount of folks that buy their albums would have to drop I assume, but you would think it would pop up their streaming and digital sales all year long, wouldn't it?

11. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

I will take new Macca anytime, I don't care what sessions they are taken from!

12. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

Highly doubtful since he owns his catalog and is only leasing it to Capitol. Its a distribution deal - Capitol *owns* nothing. He has the bargaining power - not them. They were in no position to dictate terms - only offer terms which he would have been absolutely free to reject, and instead take his entire back catalog 1970-present elsewhere - as he did when he took it to Concord for a time.

Paulwalrus and Elliottmarx like this.
  13. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I'll pass.

I have a really hard time listening to his voice nowadays .....

14. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Good to know
    :)

Lewisboogie likes this.
  15. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

It's the worst. Aside from being in general, a terrible fake holiday, I'm also always visiting family for Thanksgiving, as I'm sure many are. I'd love that Pearl Jam Unplugged LP but no way I'm making it to a store that weekend.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  16. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

While I jokingly cursed my Traveler set, let’s face it......it won’t be the first or last time that unused album songs were later used some place else.

While I understand the frustration of the Traveler sets, he is not repackaging or preparing yet another Egypt Station release. Other than identifying where the tracks originated, it really wouldn’t matter if they came from New, Chaos, Ram or Band on the Run or any other album

The album art does not tie these singles to ES at all. So I’d offer, just a record store cash generator for RSD

Just my opinion

17. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

Milking the cow would be putting out yet another version of the album with those two new tracks added. (Forcing us to re-buy once again Egypt Station to get them.)
    We're lucky they're releasing them as a stand-alone thing.

18. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Should be given free to all who bought that ridiculous "suitcase".

siveld, smoke, Eska68 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Paraphrasing from "Deliver Your Children:

If you want good eggs, you gotta feed that hen.
    If you want some more Macca, you gotta milk that cow.

;)

Paulwalrus likes this.
  20. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Why?

manybiscuits and MPLRecords like this.
  21. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

They deserve it.

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  22. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Fuh you Paul.

He loves you lot really, you keep his pension fund well topped up

I'm not sure 1 thread on this is going to be enough though, is it? Needs further discussion

23. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

I can't believe he's charging money for his music after 57 years of charging money for his music.

Paulwalrus, Lewisboogie, jmxw and 8 others like this.
  24. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

You don't have to buy it.

Unless you're a completist of course

25. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I an sorry to have to say this
    but....
    It s crazy to complain when we get 2 new songs from McCartney. They will be available for free on Spotify so if we don t want we don t have to pay anything
    I m exited to hear 2 unreleased songs from this session

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.