Type O Negative - None More Negative Box reissued by ROG

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Krzych, Jun 21, 2019.

1. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I’m pulling this set out tomorrow. It’s seasonal now and it beats the crap out of the Christmas music that’s just around the corner AGAIN, unfortunately.

TongueDruid, miller_time22 and cmarti like this.
  2. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

That’s what Red Water off of October Rust is for… :agree:

TongueDruid, Runicen and sonofjim like this.
  3. Jbrownie

Jbrownie Forum Resident

I feel like this thread has evolved into more of a general discussion of TON, with the most recent activity, so apologies for being off topic of the box set.
    However, I wanted to ask of other fans 2 quick questions:
    1) Anyone heard anything from Nuclear Blast regarding the Dead Again reissue? It didn't ship on time for release date, which is not unexpected, but can't find any updates online.

2) Am I correct that Life Is Killing Me is the last to be reissued, or did I miss it? I figured they'd do it in '23 for the 20th, but again, maybe I missed it. Kind of an erratic reissue campaign.

4. TongueDruid

TongueDruid The Delectable Dingleberry

I don't think I've seen any official statements on a Life Is Killing reissue... but I'm sure it'll happen!

5. TongueDruid

I'd love to hear how the original vinyl sounds! Not a very strong chance that it's AAA but either way I'd love to A/B of needledrop of it versus the other few pressings I've had

c-eling likes this.
  6. ScaleTheInferno

ScaleTheInferno Forum Resident

I picked this up when it came out, played it, thought it sounded okay at the time. Just did a rip and a bit of shootout to the original cd and LP.
    Supposedly the new pressing is remasterd, but, it sounds barely different to the cd, which was a bit woolly and compressed. Whereas the original LP has noticably more sparkle, air and decay. It's a bit surprising....what happened to the original mix I wonder, if this was the best they could do. As opposed to the brilliantly fresh World coming Down remaster.

TongueDruid likes this.
  7. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Not sure why it happened as either WMG provided the wrong master or somehow lost the original master tapes and only had the CD master on-hand.

8. TongueDruid

This interview below just happened & they're releasing a standalone vinyl for Life Is Killing Me near the end of this year. I've only listened to the first few mins but an interesting factoid is that they also talk about how Josh actually has all the Type O masters (2" tapes & etc) in a giant bookcase in his living room. :laugh: That's great cuz at least it's more safe than allowing record labels to do their usual storage & "whoops can't find 'em!" routine... Even though The Great American Hebrew's plumbing might pose a threat :sweating:

9. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I’m very pissed off that I missed this box set. Wish the stand alone albums were more available and not so inflated in price. I think they’re underestimating the popularity of this band. I did get the Carnivore green vinyl and spun the first record today. Not an audiophile experience but still sounded great and a quiet player, beautiful color green too.

TongueDruid likes this.
  10. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Anyone own the MOV of Carnivore’s first album? I ordered one. I was sort of torn whether to just go for an original pressing. I read the reissue is a new mix with less echo/reverb and some people like it, some don’t.

TongueDruid likes this.
  11. TongueDruid

YES good call on the MOV, I had the original Euro LP (original mix) for years, but also the remix on CD. Always thought the remix was waaaaay better... Peter agreed, which is why he had it redone sometime in the '80s. I remember A/B'ing the new mix versus the old one day, and I can't understand how anyone would enjoy the original moreso, unless it's just cuz that's how they were used to hearing it. From what I remember the drums were extremely recessed & limp in the original, comparatively, and the guitars were also horrible. The remix fixed both issues. I also specifically remember when A/B'ing, that the song God Is Dead with all of the latin percussion & acoustic gtrz was a total mess on the original. Just an awful mix where it sounded like the engineer didn't know what to do with it.
    So yeah, MOV LP is the way to go!

Soundslave and Jam757 like this.
  12. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Great and thank you. Very much looking forward to it. I almost sprang on the box set but for the time being will just pick up my favorite titles, probably October Rust and maybe Bloody Kisses. I did order the first album as that’s still in print.

Soundslave, cmarti and TongueDruid like this.
  13. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

So I got Slow Deep and Hard on vinyl which sounds really great (still my favorite!) and I ordered World Coming Down, can’t wait to get it. Any opinions on the Bloody Kisses MOV versus the Roadrunner? I’ve actually heard they were both really great.

TongueDruid and Neonbeam like this.
  14. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

I’ve got the MOV silver vinyl - plus the version in the box - and I always thought it sounded great. Now that you are bringing it up…. I probably could sell it. But then again I like the artwork with lettering etc. Never heard an original but given their asking prices I needed a very good reason - or a bargain - to go that route when it comes to this band.

TongueDruid likes this.
  15. TongueDruid

Runicen, Stormrider77, FWatty and 2 others like this.
  16. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

c-eling and cmarti like this.
  17. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

18. TongueDruid

Neonbeam likes this.
  19. TongueDruid

serch_777, c-eling and Neonbeam like this.
  20. TongueDruid