Type O Negative - None More Negative Box reissued by ROG

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Krzych, Jun 21, 2019.

1. TongueDruid

TongueDruid The Delectable Dingleberry

Amazing thing is the keyboardist & singer produced & mixed all of the albums themselves! No other album sounds like 'em... Well except for the 1st Life Of Agony record. Josh Silver produced that one too.

The new Ozzy set does look great (demos, unreleased live video content & 10 posters?!) BUT I already have all of those 1st pressing LPs (and B-Side e.p.s from back then) EXCEPT Ozzmosis (which I do love) and everything after that (which I don't.) Kinda waiting to see how the audio quality is on that set to have any interest or not.

2. TongueDruid

Oh AND since you like Ozzy and are new to Type O, check out the Private Parts soundtrack. Type O does an absolutely awesome cover of Pictures Of Matchstick Men and Ozzy sings it!

One of my favorite moments in both of their careers. There's also a version on youtube of the same track, but with Peter singing instead of Ozz. I believe it's the demo, or just unmixed/unmastered version

3. TongueDruid

Does anyone else have the green Dead Again vinyl?!
    I have one where both records are translucent green. The only one listed on Discogs is a solid green version. Also, the stamped runout on side B is 102759B1 (not 102758B1 as stated on discogs.) ALSO there is NO runout to be seen on side A! Looks like there was nary any room left for one :confused:

Considering the printing quality of the gatefold & inners (and the fantastic sound of the pressing) I highly doubt it can be a boot... Everything else about the packaging and labels are identical to the one listed on Discogs. Anyone have any recollection on when/where this came from?!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    SammyJoe and c-eling like this.
  4. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Weird..I got that the usual solid green version, which sounds great and that's the one listed on discogs: Type O Negative - Dead Again
    And I see that you've commented there aswell, anyways I would be interested in seeing pics of the one that you have there. If possible to do so, share some pics here or on discogs..

TongueDruid likes this.
  5. TongueDruid

Absolutely. Getting home in a bit so I'll throw pics up here

6. TongueDruid

I'm going to make its own listing on discogs. Here's a few pics for ya
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Greenalishi and SammyJoe like this.
  7. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

....and all that from a tiny little studio in Brooklyn. That's one of the things I really like about TON, the way they always kept a certain spirit of "independence". The sold millions of records yet they produced them - more or less - on their own terms.

8. TongueDruid

Quick update on all the Dead Again translucent green vinyl being sold on ebay and discogs recently: THEY'RE ALL BOOTLEGS. There is also an identical matrixed black wax version that just popped up. Although I messaged a bunch of owners on discogs, there actually is an official translucent version, but it's kind of marbled a touch with some black in there, and shares the same exact runout inscriptions as the solid green version.
    So point being, if any of you want to buy the official 1st pressing jusy make sure with the seller that the deadwax info is correct. It is also handwritten, not typed.

Neonbeam likes this.
  9. kannibal

kannibal Forum Resident

Sucks. Counterfeits are the worst. Wading through them to find a legit copy is depressing.

TongueDruid likes this.
  10. kannibal

kannibal Forum Resident

Pretty wild just how good it is and yet, you had never heard them before. It’s crazy how all of what they did was that good from top to bottom and they don’t the recognition they deserve from the larger music community.

TongueDruid likes this.
  11. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Yeah, it’s not my typical genre but also one I’m open to. There are a lot of bands I haven’t explored and enjoy discovering. That’s one of the best things about this hobby. TON is the latest example of that. Halloween is a great time to explore this catalog.

TongueDruid likes this.
  12. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I really enjoyed Bloody Kisses and especially October Rust, but the novelty of these guys wore a bit thin otherwise. I do like some of their old punky stuff as well.

13. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Did you try World Coming Down? Maybe my favorite. They were pretty good at always changing up their sound to some degree.

miller_time22 likes this.
  14. #1Zero

#1Zero Well-Known Member

First Ive heard of green or black copies. Mine is the red pressing but I got the box set that came with the live record too.

Speaking of Type O boots, is that german pressing of Least Worst Of (Cargo Records) a official release?

15. Neonbeam

Well.... a lot of what they did is not only slightly metallic but also mildly gothy.

Which is practically a death certificate to be taken and discussed seriously in certain circles. I remember that in Germany they were virtually maligned from the start, accused of racist or misogynist views. But look at sales figures for - especially - "Bloody Kisses" and "October Rust". I guess for a band that - more or less - stuck with a certain DIY punk modus operandi they did quite well. I mean.... how many bands operating on that scale are actually producing their albums themselves? Especially in the 90's?:cheers:

16. TongueDruid

Yeah the green was the 1st pressing, the red one is the deluxe edition that was released the following year. That Cargo Least Worst Of is definitely official, and an awesome pressing!! Cargo got the licensing from Roadrunner to press a bunch of Type O records in the mid 2000s. They also pressed Bloody Kisses & October Rust which are fantastic pressings as well, although costly these days.
    I met Johnny at a horror convention some years ago and had him sign my Cargo Oct Rust. Super nice guy!

The even BETTER part of all that was how self-deprecating they were (still are) thru everything. Tongue-in-cheek comedy ran thru 90% of their tunes, though some people just don't get it. (*cough* certain Germans *cough*)
    Pete did provoke them a touch with his "We're bigger than Hitler!" remark :laugh: Apparently that's what triggered the outrage & the resulting bomb threats/cancelled tour

17. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I did buy that one when it came out, enjoyed it well enough. Songs weren't as strong as before. But the savage tongue-in-cheek humor was there.

I guess BK & OR is all the Type O I need. I did see them live probably around the time of World Coming Down. Peter Steele apparently was fond of saying stuff like "If you think we suck, you paid to get in, so the jokes on you". :laugh: Can't believe Steele is gone.

18. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I still remember reading the news about him. There are other good heavy bands around, but no one balanced serious skills with a sense of humor like them. And their albums hung together really well, but there was often a good track, like silence, buzzing or skipping, and often a cover song. So great, but never too serious. I miss having these guys around.

19. kannibal

kannibal Forum Resident

Yes, I agree that their style could be the cause of the lack of recognition. After all, most people aren’t going to like the vocals, for instance.

Neonbeam likes this.
  20. kannibal

kannibal Forum Resident

I just found out thanks to this site that the green and red Dead Again are different cuts. I never would have thought that a new cut would have been produced so close to the original.

It is strange that the Least Worst Of wasn’t included in the boxset(either of them) as it would have truly completed the Roadrunner catalog. Please Stay Out Of My Dreams is one of my fav TON songs.

Mr. H and TongueDruid like this.
  21. TongueDruid

Hell yes, love that collection. Those 3 extra tracks from WCD sessions are all fantastic songs!

Mr. H likes this.
  22. Neonbeam

Absolutely love Peters vocals. But then again I've always been a sucker for vintage Sisters Of Mercy! :evil:

Mr. H and TongueDruid like this.
  23. #1Zero

#1Zero Well-Known Member

What am I missing here. Which 3 extra WCD tracks are you speaking of? I have the First RoadRunner box and the new Run Out Groove box plus the red Dead Again box.

24. TongueDruid

The 3 songs It's Never Enough, 12 Black Rainbows & Stay Out Of My Dreams on The Least Worst Of compilation are all tunes they made the same time as WCD but didn't put on that album.

#1Zero likes this.
  25. #1Zero

#1Zero Well-Known Member

Oh ok. I gotcha. Thats the one LP I dont have yet. I remember Peter being pissed at RR for releasing that compilation.

Thanks

TongueDruid likes this.