Type O Negative - None More Negative Box reissued by ROG

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Krzych, Jun 21, 2019.

1. TongueDruid

TongueDruid The Delectable Dingleberry

Ooooo you definitely gotta get that shizzle! Besides those 3 awesome tunes, it has the long version of their Black Sabbath cover with different lyrics, and I'm pretty sure the Hey Pete version on there is a studio version (not the fake-live version from Origin.)

#1Zero and Mr. H like this.
  2. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

There’s confusion out there about this, he was pissed about the Best Of.. comp, not the Least Worst of. Least Worst of was made with the bands involvement and the extra tracks are well worth the cost. The edits are not great, being just shorter versions of the tracks. Never Enough is one of my fave Type O songs.

#1Zero, kannibal and TongueDruid like this.
  3. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Just returned from a fleamarket and the same people that made the counterfeit mentioned above apparently also faked "October Rust". Glossy, solid innersleeves, black vinyl with stamped matrix numbers. This thing looks good enough to trick unsuspecting customers so: Beware!

4. TongueDruid

Dayummmmm... fkn asshats.... Somebody's always gotta ruin the party. I checked my Cargo Oct. Rust and the runout is indeed hand-written. So yeah, typed/stamped matrix: GTFO

c-eling likes this.
  5. Neonbeam

The thing is that this one looks really professionally. If I didn't happen to know that there isn't any brand new standalone "October Rust" vinyl reissue I might not have noticed immediately. My vinyl sense might have gone off but initially I might have been tricked. :yikes:

TongueDruid likes this.
  6. TongueDruid

GOTTA be the same bootleggers, cuz that Dead Again boot looks & sounds fantastic too :laugh:
    I mean if it were a normal price like $25 er something and u just don't care whether it's a boot or not as long as it sounds good, then by all means go for it. But people have only been selling/buying it for $100+ which clearly means they're passing them off as originals (well, the buyers are assuming that anyways...)
    Just plain awful.

7. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I’m really surprised, I must say. LOVE THIS BAND!

8. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

Seems as good a thread as any to say that Life is Killing Me is an awesome, underrated album. But, Type O never made a bad album imho.

9. TongueDruid

YESSSSSSS another one comes to the dark side haha Very glad you dig the hell out of 'em my friend. Such a special band that deserves much, MUCH more credit & attention, as far as I'm concerned.

That 1,2,3 punch of Anesthesia, Drunk In Paris & Dream Is Dead was such a killer way to end that record. Never made a bad album, indeed.

10. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I agree. Really underrated. I would never have guessed that the songs could be this good.

OK, there’s that, but then the production kind of takes you to a different place. Then they seem to even harmonize in a Dracula kind of voice that doesn’t make sense.

Creepy Green Light and All Hallows’ Eve are perfect for this time of year. I realize we’re not all talking about the same album here.

11. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

I follow ya, their whole discography is great for this time of year!

Mr. H and sonofjim like this.
  12. kannibal

kannibal Forum Resident

I can’t tell you how happy reading this makes me. It’s exactly as I’d hoped someone would react when they dive in deep to this band’s music. Awesome!

sonofjim, Mr. H and TongueDruid like this.
  13. serch_777

serch_777 Well-Known Member

I'm really interested in this boxset, but I've heard mixed comments about its actual quality (repeated sleeves, records missing). What do you guys who own the set think about it? :wave:

14. TongueDruid

Everything about the set is absolutely awesome, which is rare for me to say. Go for it!!! Any issue u might have will be fixed quickly if you email the label Run Out Groove (that is, if you buy it thru them.) I had a chip on one of my records and they sent me a replacement within 1 week of my email.

serch_777 likes this.
  15. serch_777

Cheers man! I think I'll pull the trigger on it if I see a set that's not too overpriced lol!

TongueDruid likes this.
  16. shadowlord

shadowlord Forum Resident

how does the July 2019 rhino bloody kisses compare to the one in this box set quality wise. is it recommendable ?

17. TongueDruid

Same company made them both, so sonically I'd wager they're identical. Although the version you're speaking of has the front and back covers mistakenly cropped, which bugs the hell outta everyone that cares about the artwork/pckging.
    My personal suggestion would be that the best standalone version to buy would be the 3xLP 2018 version (yet again, same company!) Sounds the same, correct artwork, with a cooler tri-fold package, and the extra LP includes the amazing Suspended In Dusk, and the alternate versions of Black Sabbath, Summer Breeze, Blood & Fire, and the Xtian Woman & Black No 1 edits. VERY much worth it.

Neonbeam likes this.
  18. serch_777

Well, I pulled the trigger on the boxset from a Russian seller on Discogs called KMFDM23. He seems to have great feedback, and I also did some research here and people have ordered sets from him in the past with very good experiences. We'll see how it goes! :agree:

19. Neonbeam

.... and the **** stuff is all self produced too! Gotta give them props for that! :cheers:
    Are you the guy that detected a "Halloween vibe" here? :biglaugh:
    I was quite sceptical at first but it's great, really well made. What's also nice is the cropped artwork so even if you already have one of the albums the new sleeves make it worthwhile. The dominantly green colour scheme is fantastic. :righton:

serch_777 likes this.
  20. JohnCarter17

JohnCarter17 Forum Resident

A record store near me has 1 copy of NMN for $200. I couldn't get myself to get it because I don't know if I want the early albums.

They also had a bunch of Bloody Kisses, sealed, Roadrunner Records, Green speckled vinyl. $30.

I listened to the first disc last night. It sounded phenomenal.
    Otherwise I have Blood and Kisses. October Rust and Least Worst Of on CD.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  21. Neonbeam

.....and then you decided to tell us about it, secretly hoping we would talk you into doing what you already knew you wanted to do.:angel:

I'll have a go: If you were negative positive you didn't want the early albums, I'd tell you to leave it. But actually you don't know if you want them. So.... you could wait for individual releases of "October Rust", "World Coming Down" and "Life Is Killing Me". "World Coming Down" will be around $50 when it is being released 12/6 and there's a chance that other individual releases might be within the same - frankly annoying - price region. So that leaves us with one crucial question:

How long is that record store open today??? :evil:

serch_777 likes this.
  22. JohnCarter17

JohnCarter17 Forum Resident

What I need to do is check out the earlier albums on youtube and make a determination...

23. serch_777

I'd say go for it man. If you listen to the records and find out you can still do without them, you'll be able to sell the box for the same amount you paid for it. :righton:

Neonbeam likes this.
  24. serch_777

My boxset arrived! I got it at a very good price from a Russian seller on Discogs called KMFDM23. Communication was great and the box arrived to the United Kingdom four days after making the payment! Boxset is in band new condition, as advertised. I also checked every gatefold and record, and everything is perfect. I would highly recommend this seller, as others members of this forum have done too. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Soundslave likes this.
  25. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Did anyone else come across any defective issues with the Type O Negative boxset here? Reading the Discogs discussions has issues ranging from IGD to defective LPs has scared me off from buying it.