Type O Negative - None More Negative Box reissued by ROG

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Krzych, Jun 21, 2019.

1. TongueDruid

TongueDruid The Delectable Dingleberry

I had a small chip broken off of one of the records, but all I did was email Runout Groove (since I ordered it directly from them) & they immediately sent me a replacement. I know a lot of the sets are absolutely fine, but there was some things like non-fill issues for some people. Just buy it from a real store so they'll swap you another one if you get a funky one. I know here in New England there's a record store chain called Bullmoose (like 10 stores) and they all still have it in stock for $199, and will replace it with another if there's any issues.

2. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

None more negative. :edthumbs:

TongueDruid and serch_777 like this.
  3. ScaleTheInferno

ScaleTheInferno Forum Resident

ROG were due to release the individual TON LPs on 6 December, but details online and pre-orders seem to have vanished.
    Hardly surprising considering how late the boxset was. I cancelled my boxset pre-order due to all the issues surrounding it.
    Interested in the individual titles though, particularly World Coming Down and Life Is Killing Me.

Anyone done AB comparisons to the CDs?
    I'm curious what the master sources were for these. ROG would typically advertise it if the originals were used, but it wasn't stated anywhere.
    In my experience, quite a few previous TON reissues sound like straight CD dumps or mildy tweaked. Placebo effect seems strong among TON fans. I was impressed with 2007 reissue of Bloody Kisses, but that album sounds great no matter the format.

4. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I have a preorder in for World Coming Down and though the listing is no longer available my preorder says it will now be released in February.

5. Howard Bleach

Howard Bleach Imperial Aerosol Kid

Hey fellow fans. This year is the ten year anniversary of my cousin Peter’s death. I wrote about my relationship with him for the Talkhouse. Check it out if so inclined!

My Cousin The Rock Star

6. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Canceled.

7. TongueDruid

Wow, thanks very much for sharing that, James! Great writing there. I do love reading anything/everything about Peter. He was such an endearing character, a big part of me growing up, and to this day still a personal influence. Thanks again.

Howard Bleach likes this.
  8. Howard Bleach

Thanks for reading!

TongueDruid likes this.
  9. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

great article thanks for sharing. While I did not buy the vinyl box set- I do have everything from TON on cd. great band. Loved peter's vocals. October Rust one of my favorite albums.

Howard Bleach likes this.
  10. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Saw this thread this morning as I had my coffee. Only vaguely familiar with Type-O-Negative, but "None More Negative" is an obvious Spinal Tap reference so that won my interest. A few mouse-clicks later and I'm watching Peter Steele interviews and realizing he's hilarious and fascinating. An hour later, I've seen an hour's worth of Peter's interviews and learning that I love the guy. Reminds me of a cool older uncle I had.

An hour +10 minutes later I read this article of yours and it confirms every strong impression I made of Peter Steele this morning. What a great guy he was, thanks. Wish I'd known this two decades ago!

11. Howard Bleach

He was indeed very, very cool. Thanks for reading!

TongueDruid, chrischerm and asdf35 like this.
  12. TongueDruid

World Coming Down

Therrrrre ya go errybody. Preorder link above fer ROG's standalone vinyl of WCD. Reasonable price. Comes out March 20th

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  13. JohnCarter17

JohnCarter17 Forum Resident

Ordered, thanks.

TongueDruid likes this.
  14. JohnCarter17

JohnCarter17 Forum Resident

Shipping notice emailed out!

TongueDruid likes this.
  15. TongueDruid

DAYUM! Not supposed to come out for another month! Maybe they got 'em early?!

16. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

Hopefully they put up a standalone version of October Rust soon. I'll might consider purchasing World Coming Down.

17. Neonbeam

October 1st and the moon is full!

Guess what I'm spinning right now! :cheers:

miller_time22, Runicen, Mr. H and 4 others like this.
  18. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Excellent album Neon :)
    [​IMG]

Stormrider77, Runicen and Neonbeam like this.
  19. Neonbeam

What do you have? A cd? Or an original 1996 vinyl edition? Just discovered this on the cover: "Please be considerate of others: kindly play this recording at low pressure levels." This made me laugh out loud! :biglaugh:

20. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

You’re right, it’s that time of year. I was thinking the same thing recently.

c-eling, Neonbeam and Chrome_Head like this.
  21. c-eling

That is pretty hilarious! :laugh:
    Picked it up about 10 years ago before the prices got really stupid!
    2006 2x12 German.

Neonbeam and TongueDruid like this.
  22. Neonbeam

The boxset brought prices down a bit. Still the last one I saw - last year at the Utrecht fair - was 350€! :hide:

But - as I noticed again yesterday - this box is so well made that I don't feel like spending big bucks on originals. Wouldn't mind to finde some for 20 - 50€ though....:angel:

c-eling likes this.
  23. TongueDruid

That's ok, the originals are just the cd masters pressed to wax (tho they do sound great!) The new box is the only wax pressings with actual vinyl mastering done, so you're better off with the ol' CDs + the box if you want that vinyl flavor!
    I had the original Slow Deep, and Bloody Kisses pressings & sold em awhile back. I do remember thinking the new box version of Slow Deep sounded better than the 1st pressing. Sounds more full & filled-out in the low end & mids. Less tinny & piercing than the original. I did keep my German 2006 October pressing cuz I had Johnny Kelly sign that one when I met him at a Horror Convention. I still plan on A/B'ing that one versus the new box version when I can find the time! I do always remember that it sounded precisely like the cd to my ears. Which is great, not complaining :D

Neonbeam likes this.
  24. c-eling

Not true at least for the 2006, it's full analog.
    If this were a cd mastering to vinyl you'd have a frequency cut at 22 (44) There'd be nothing but black skies.
    [​IMG]

Neonbeam and TongueDruid like this.
  25. TongueDruid

Nice!!! Thanks for the correction, I certainly don't want to be an @$$hole that spreads misinformation!! Do you have freq analytics for the cd master as well? Would be interesting to see the 2 together! EQ-wise, the 2006 wax always sounded pretty identical to the cd to me, so my ears led me to assume my previous statement.

Neonbeam and c-eling like this.