U2 tour dates!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by detroit muscle, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

It was a waste for me. I have a membership and could not get tickets.

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I think all the US venues will have upper and behind the stage seats for $49-whatever. I don't think there'll be anyplace where the "cheap seats" are ONLY GA...

3. Oatsdad

Well, I was happy with what I got for Philly: side stage, 19 rows up. Would've liked something slightly closer, but I'm very happy overall. Probably helped that I only sought a single ticket.

Don't be so quick to knock behind the stage! I've had many a BTS seat and have almost always been very happy.

4. Oatsdad

It turned out to be good for two shows - if you only bought singles. I'm also somewhat cheesed that they restricted access to only two tickets total - I thought their membership pitches stated we'd be able to get two per show for all the shows we could eat.

On the other hand, look at how swamped they were with orders - imagine how bad it would've been if everyone could have gotten 2/show for multiples! It probably wasn't realistic for them to offer more than 2 total with all the members of the club. Pearl Jam can now offer 2/show for as many as you want, but they don't draw like U2...

5. Oatsdad

The third leg shows in 2001 were significantly better than those from the first leg, but 9/11 had a lot to do with that. U2 really rallied behind that tragedy and put on arguably the best shows of their career when they toured in the fall of 2001. Sure, they were tighter than in the spring, but it was due mainly to the emotional circumstances.

10/19/01 - Baltimore Arena - best U2 show of my 27 without a doubt!

6. Oatsdad

Sorry to hear that. It doesn't hurt to keep trying - tickets could pop up over the next few days. Don't forget: the pre-sale's open through Friday at noon, so you might as well give it a go between now and then!

Or if you're not going to use it, let me have your pre-sale code - I still need tickets for the second CAA show!

7. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

They are going to open up shows and then I will grab tickets at either one of the two LA show...most likely in Anaheim on Sat if they decide to make that date a ahow.

8. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Paging Atlanta...we only sold out 2 or 3 shows last time.

Question: Will the live version of Atomic Bomb also be incredibly compressed? :)

9. Togo

Togo Same as it ever was

I also grabbed 2 tickets through the European pre-sale as a long time U2 Propaganda/.com member. I'm lucky enough to be going to Twickenham in London on June 18th, which just happens to be....my birthday!!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.