U2's Songs of Innocence....Five Year Later

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by americanscientist, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH55

AH55 Forum Resident

Easiest way to do this is to rip the track as a WAV file and then download the free audio app Audacity. You can then edit the WAV file and save each acoustic song as its own file. Pretty easy once you figure it out.

It still annoys me that the U2 camp did this with the Acoustic Sessions...it makes no sense whatsoever.

Gavaxeman, Panama Jack and Twilight like this.
  2. Flux

Flux Active Member

Hi AH55. Thanks for that reply.

Well, I have the WAV file, and I downloaded Audacity, but I have no idea how to use it, and no idea how to achieve what I want. It looks very confusing to me.

3. Flux

Flux Active Member

Actually, I think I've figured it out. I'll post back a little later with my results.

Many thanks.

AH55 likes this.
  4. Horwi

Horwi Active Member

You could also use dBPowerAmp or almost any CD ripping software to automatically detect tracks while ripping. There should be a 1-2 second silence between every track.

5. Talmi K

Talmi K Forum Resident

I loved it then and love it now. But I'm a biased fan.

Panama Jack likes this.
  6. Archon

Archon Forum Resident

This album did and still does nothing for me, but I really like their follow up album, Songs of Experience.

7. Twilight

Twilight Forum Resident

I think it's interesting that there seems to be no consensus on these two albums. That is, I've seen quite a few people who say they like one better than the other. (And several who like neither, but hardly anyone who likes both... maybe that's the consensus? :) ) I confess to having a preference for SOI myself, although there's a few songs on SOE that are knockouts.

twicks likes this.
  8. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

I didn't join the ranks of the virtue signalling fauxragist iPhone cry babies (just delete it if you don't want it!!!) but went out and bought the vinyl for €25. It is a truly incredible album. Up with their best.

Twilight likes this.
  9. Flux

Flux Active Member

Thanks for that Horwi. I used to have Toast Titanium many many moons ago. I managed to get it to work using Audacity.

Thanks again.

10. AH55

AH55 Forum Resident

My apologies...I didn't visit the forum at all today. I am glad, though, that you figured it out! Again, I have no idea why the U2 camp made the decision for the acoustic tracks (unless they just wanted people to buy the version on iTunes that separates them...). Anyway, Audacity solved the problem for me...glad it did for you, too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.