uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

I sent them an email about an hour ago - still only lets me either apply a coupon OR a reward code, but not both.

Patanoia likes this.
  2. Elgrillo

Elgrillo Well-Known Member

Same problem too.

3. Chris Bernhardt

Chris Bernhardt Forum Resident

Do you have to use your points within a certain time frame? Thanks

4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

After a year of inactivity, I believe they expire. As long as you keep ordering or using your points, they remain active.

hutlock likes this.
  5. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

20% off sale through 11/1.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Flatbubba

Flatbubba Forum Resident

The 20% discount gets you down to Amazon prices typically. I guess a good value would be something like the Blue Note Classic Series since Amazon is around the retail price. Anything else of value on the uDiscover site?

superstar19 and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Good question and I will be following for replies.

As you note, items in the Blue Note catalog are available at pretty good prices, especially those that have gone OOS at the big online retailers, e.g. Lee Morgan The Cooker, Donald Byrd Byrd in Flight.
    I'm pre-ordering a couple of the most recent Classic Blue Notes; the Herbie Nichols and Kenny Cox.
    Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup 2lp clear edition for under $30 is not a bad deal.

Chris Bernhardt and superstar19 like this.
  8. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

I had this, sold it, and just bought it again:

Guns 'N Roses Appetite for Destruction Locked and Loaded edition - sale priced $399 on the site, $319 with 20% off, then was able to apply $51 in reward dollars, so down to $268 shipped. For the original price of $1,000, it was way overpriced, but this is a really good deal - there is a lot in that set!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  9. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

Still can't apply reward points to my orders with the discount, doubly so since there is no code needed for the current 20% off. Have been going back and forth with customer service for two weeks with their latest reply being "can't combine discounts and rewards" despite the email that went out saying it had been fixed.

10. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

I just placed an order and it let me have the 20% off and use my rewards points. Maybe they fixed it now.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  11. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

Same thing. Perhaps it's because it is an older reward that came before the change. Did you just renew points for your order today?

Of course now the BN title I want is sold out...

12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Man, that makes me tempted... but I still think I'll pass.

If L&L had exclusive CD content, then I'd do it, but IIRC, it doesn't!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

I was able to get the 20% off AND use my points. Grabbed Ready For Freddie and Una Mas for a total of $32. Not a bad deal!

hutlock and JorgeGvb like this.
  14. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

If they do what the6 did last year, they will offer 30% off around Thanksgiving

15. Where are cd's (and these deluxe sets) made these days ? I'm wondering if there will not be as many deals given the logistics issues that everyone is having.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. LongHairedJazz

LongHairedJazz Forum Resident

Did anyone get above 30% on their spin?

17. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

I keep getting 15%. Not nearly enough to entice me.

GentleSenator, bjlefebvre and mrjinks like this.
  18. bjlefebvre

bjlefebvre Forum Resident

I got 15% one day, then used a dummy account to get 20%, then waited until the next day and got 25% with my regular account. I figured that was good enough - got a BN Classic and a Tone Poet and the discount basically shaved off the shipping charge.

19. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I just got an email from SoundOfVinyl (US) - not the same thing as UDiscover, but they usually have identical sales. The email said:
    Because you're a VIP, we're giving you a taste of our Black Friday sale before anyone else!​
    They then gave me a one-time FORTY PERCENT off coupon. I tested it on the LIB picture disc (ineligible for "sitewide sales and discounts") and the code worked.

So perhaps that's the upcoming sale. Note: my coupon code expires 11/20/2021.

20. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yes, I just got the same e-mail from UDiscover.

Davidmk5 and J Luc like this.
  21. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I got the coupon also. I would not buy that Let it be picture disc. They refunded me the money for mine it was unlistenable.

I just got my Velvet Underground and Nico half speed today from them. Strange it was supposed to ship December 3rd

Davidmk5 likes this.
  22. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

I just got this from UDiscover as well. I had been holding out to pick up the Let It Be and All Things Must Pass Super Deluxe CD sets which have been excluded from all other sales and discounts up to this point. The good news is that I was able to get both at 40% discount and was also able to use my reward points to make the final cost of these sets much more palatable....

23. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

I got the 40% too. Guessing it's only people who ordered during the halloween sale. Problem is there isn't a ton left there that I want. But damn that's tempting! Thinking I can cobble together an order :D

24. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

I haven’t ordered since April and I got the code. Think I might put in an order for the BN and AS titles I haven’t picked up yet/the ones releasing this and next month (I can wait for them to all ship together). I have about $18 in reward points, I should be able to stack those now, right?

25. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Yep, the 40% off coupon finally got me to purchase a bunch of recent Super Deluxe sets:
    All Things Must Pass CD/BD ($90)
    Let it Be CD/BD ($84)
    Tattoo You Super Deluxe vinyl ($119)
    and then I picked up the remastered vinyl of Elvis Costello This Year's Model ($15.60).

After using my reward points and adding tax, it set me back just over $300.

FWIW, the coupon would have applied to the Uber Deluxe All Things Must Pass crate. But $600 is still too rich for me...

trumpetplayer, Davidmk5 and mrjinks like this.