uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

:confused:

2. killerofgiants

killerofgiants Forum Resident

Stacking the reward dollars one too many times probably.

3. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

The latest BNC will fall in price, they always do. i'll get it later from amazon at a lower price if udiscover jerks us around. I mean Moon Rappin is not gonna fly off the shelves.

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing. Give it 2-3 weeks and it will be below $20 on Amazon.

5. throwingthings

throwingthings Well-Known Member

are they just cancelling your orders after you submit them?

6. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Exactly my new plan. I think Kenny Cox and Love Bug were $16 last week on Amazon

hutlock likes this.
  7. killerofgiants

Yep - wonder if it's happening to anybody else who did that.

8. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

I had tried to order on there in December, and it was canceled immediately with the reason of "fraud". I figured they were cracking down then, but about an hour or so later I received an email from them saying that there was a glitch or something, that my order was canceled in error, and to go ahead and make the purchase again. They even apologized for the inconvenience, and gave me a $5 gift code.

With their other site, SOV, I made an order in February, and they have reordered it 2 times, and I've yet to receive it.

It seems to be a pretty fast and loose operation.

GentleSenator likes this.
  9. killerofgiants

Yeah these sites never cease to amaze me with how they operate haha - that's the same reason I received yesterday after I tried ordering something. SOV worked fine. Kind of an intense word to describe a customer, but it's par for the course for them.

10. J&G223

J&G223 Active Member

I made 3 more orders after that, 2 more in December, and 1 in February, those all went through. I check the site periodically, but it's doubtful I will buy anything else on there unless they start allowing the use of discount codes on top of their storewide sales again. They emailed a 20% off coupon, but I can't use it since the store has a blanket 15%.

hutlock likes this.
  11. aoxomoxoa

The only reason to buy from Udiscover is because of the sales, so if they're doing away with those I guess I'm done buying from them.

GentleSenator, jimhb and TxRangersFan like this.
  12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

+1

dusttones likes this.
  13. Ken Dryden

Ken Dryden Forum Resident

I am getting fed up with udiscover music as well. I tried to use my 20% discount from the monthly wheel spin and $5 in rewards, but when I entered the reward, my discount vanished. When I got one of those “Did we do something wrong?” automated emails about not completing my transaction, there was no response to my complaint. When I tried to use my discount on the last day before expiration, there was no way to remove the site wide 15% offer, then I noticed my 500 points had vanished. Whoever programs this website is a total *****. I preordered the set on importCDs and even after paying for expedited shipping, I spent less than I would have with uDiscover, including discount, reward and free shipping.

14. killerofgiants

Whenever they did the "discount automatically applied at checkout", it would always cause any other percentage discounts to not work but the dollar amount coupons could always stack. They seem to be trying to stop any opportunities to stack more than one coupon but still don't seem to be getting it right.

15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

You might not have lost your $5 reward. I thought I lost mine one time, but - though the points were “used” - my reward remained in my user history (that “gift package” in the lower right of the screen), and I was able to use it another time.

GentleSenator likes this.
  16. aoxomoxoa

If you put the reward in a cart and do not complete purchase, it can disappear.

17. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

25% Summer Sale on now.

18. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Patanoia and aoxomoxoa like this.
  19. TheTalkingDrunk

TheTalkingDrunk Forum Resident

Email says "VIPs get an extra 5% off" and "Youre a VIP use the code below for an extra 5% off" but there is no 2nd code included.

Anyone know the code for the extra 5% off? Or will they take an extra 5% off automatically? In my car I'm only seeing 25% applied.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Might just be a goof and they'll send a corrected email.

I also see no code in my email.

TheTalkingDrunk likes this.
  21. aoxomoxoa

Doesn't work on the two new Blue Note titles

Swordsandchains likes this.
  22. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Pre-order? I've got Hank Mobley's Curtain Call in my cart and the 25% discount is applied.

23. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Okay, I'm guessing the "SUMMER2022" code will add 5% extra when used by so-called VIPs.

Maybe @TheTalkingDrunk didn't get the extra 5% because the account lacks VIP status? :shrug:

24. TheTalkingDrunk

TheTalkingDrunk Forum Resident

The email says I'm a VIP. It could be a lie but I am a frequent buyer/receive their rewards certificates. Anything goes with Udiscover sometimes.

I partially posed my question to see if anyone else got that extra 5% off in their cart, had a code in their email, or if it was automatically applied after they checked out (I have not completed my purchase yet because I am cheap and want those extra 5%s)

25. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I am a VIP as well, tried to order with the Summer2022 code and I only get 25% off. It seems a VIP was supposed to get an alternate code "below" - which I didn't get (as others here are also saying). So I will wait to see if I get an updated email with the +5% VIP code.