uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

i tried the We get requests and they would not apply....

2. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

So please explain once more before I attempt to redeem some of my 15,000 points (yep!). Should I redeem those points I will not be able to combine them with today's 40% off coupon?

Thanks in advance!

3. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

RE: Rewards points...

So, If I have 4500 points, I can only redeem 100 at a time for only $1.00? So to use all of my points, worth $45 dollars, I would have to make 45 different orders?! I can only redeem $1.00 per order, is that what I am reading now?

Someone please help me understand this here. Prior to this, I could have redeemed all 4500 points at once for $45.00 off of one order.... I hope I am seriously misunderstanding this.

4. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

You can redeem as many as you want per order, it’s just pain that you have to enter each code separately.

But the points don’t work during sales, which would be the time you want to order from them so…

superstar19 likes this.
  5. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Thanks for the reply! Understood, but are they actually only $1.00 codes now? So I would have to enter 45 codes?!

In the past I could get one code for the full amount if I wanted. Doing this 45 times is definitely a great pain.

As you said, during sales they don't work anyway, but there are a few things I would like to get that are under $45, basically just costing me tax and shipping, but having to request and then enter a code 45 different times......nope.

6. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Black Friday in august!
    Yes sir buddy........it's tone poet buying time(along with a few extras)

SOUND OF VINYL OR UDISCOVER......Go for it!

7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

That isn’t what you have to do. You should be able to cash them all at once and get one code. I cashed in my points to order Blue Train Mono a few weeks ago and it was way more than $1.00 and I only had to use a single code.

Mike H. and Coltrane811 like this.
  8. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

At checkout there should be a sliding bar where you apply as many points as you want. But be sure not to back out of the purchase because i think at that point the system creates a coupon for you or something and you lose the ability to use the slide to vary the ammount you want to apply. I put 24 bucks on the blue train stereo set....but not with the 40percent sale, this was a few weeks ago.

ETSEQ, Mike H. and hutlock like this.
  9. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

technically, if you have a gmail account, all you have to do is add a . anywhere in the gmail address before the @ ... the email will still go to your address but you could theoretically open a bunch of different accounts with just one email address.

10. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

That's how it used to be, but when I get to the checkout point, there is only an option to click on Redeem 100 points for 1.00 off. Maybe it's because of the sale going on right now? I have 4560 points, so I see no option to use all of them, just 100. I'll check it out again when the sale is over since I can't use them now anyway. Thanks!

ETSEQ likes this.
  11. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Same thing as I posted above, no slider, just a simple one click Redeem 100 points for 1.00 button. I'll have to check it out after the sale. Thanks!

12. hutlock

Wow, never seen that before either. And I can’t check now because I just spent all my points getting that discount on the Blue Train anyway.

Yeah, hoping that is just during the sale because otherwise that is SUPER lame.

CURPLES likes this.
  13. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

Thanks! I grabbed both blue trains, good flash sale!

Order summary
    Unity (Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series) LP × 1
    [​IMG] VINYL40 (-$11.20) $27.98
    $16.78

Brown Rice LP × 1
    [​IMG] VINYL40 (-$7.99) $19.98
    $11.99

Blue Train The Complete Masters (Blue Note Tone Poet Series) 2LP × 1
    [​IMG] VINYL40 (-$21.99) $54.98
    $32.99

Adam’s Apple (Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series) LP × 1
    [​IMG] VINYL40 (-$11.19) $27.98
    $16.79

Blue Train Mono (Blue Note Tone Poet Series) LP × 1
    [​IMG] VINYL40 (-$15.59) $38.98
    $23.39

14. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yeah, it was pretty easy and not very time consuming considering you could also just create a completely fake email and stay signed in for a minute or two and just immediately cash out the $5 gc and never use that account again. Still pretty ****ty to do especially to get things completely free over and over. I did it a few times to get an extra 5$ off but that was about it.

Mike H. likes this.
  15. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Shopping cart
    Product image Description Quantity Price

[​IMG]

Tommy Half-Speed Master
    • VINYL40 (-$19.99)

1 $49.96
    $29.97

[​IMG]

Zenyatta Mondatta
    • VINYL40 (-$9.99)

1 $24.98
    $14.99

[​IMG]

Remember the Future
    • VINYL40 (-$14.79)

1 $36.98
    $22.19

[​IMG]

Recycled (Blue/Yellow Splatter Limited Edition)
    • VINYL40 (-$13.19)

1 $32.98
    $19.79

[​IMG]

Volunteers
    • VINYL40 (-$10.39)

1 $25.98
    $15.59

Mike H. and superstar19 like this.
  16. throwingthings

throwingthings Well-Known Member

I dunno, I think it's kind of great that people were able to get free records from the world's largest music corporation simply because they were too incompetent and indifferent to properly set up the parameters of their own web store. Especially considering how UMG's incompetence and indifference has often had more tragic consequences in the past...

By the way, you can still stack the old gift cards with the VINYL40 discount, you just can't stack points. So if you redeemed your points sometime before May (?) and got a gift card code then, it should still work. But if they've been sitting in your account as "points," those now manifest as a discount rather than a gift card, and you aren't able to stack discounts.

headtheory and Coltrane811 like this.
  17. kevinkasson

kevinkasson Forum Resident

I got Ella and Louis Again on the sale - glad to finally see a discount on that one, I've gotten all of the Acoustic Sounds Series until now but the price increase on that one was going to be the point where I stopped with them. Too bad that We Get Requests wasn't included in the sale, seems like it's probably a mistake that some are included and some are not but I'll take it.

Also got the mono Blue Train - the stereo was tempting at this discounted price but I probably wouldn't listen to the outtakes more than once and it would just take up shelf space. Also got a couple Lenny Kravitz albums, pretty good price at 40% off for double LPs.

Mike H. likes this.
  18. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I can't connect to Sound of Vinyl. I was able to shop for a couple of minutes and drop one item in my bag and now it's dead.

19. hutlock

So I just checked in and I have 567 points—it is letting me select 500 of them for $5 off.

So now I’m totally baffled but whatever. Good sale anyway.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I kept trying to use 100 points over and over. It deducted the points but still only gave me $1.00 off total, so now I'm out 400 points.

21. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

30 minutes later and I still can't connect to Sound of Vinyl. I give up.

22. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

I just came from the site again myself. Apparently it isn't quite displaying properly for me. At checkout, the button/dot to click on to redeem 100 points for $1.00, does actually slide for me. It certainly doesn't look like anything other than a dot to click on. I can slide it over and use all of my points if I want, after the sale of course. I tried to add them to my purchase, but it would not let me since I am already using a discount for the current sale. Good to know though that I can now use them all at once, or as many as I would like for my next purchase. I'm now up to 6798 points, so a pretty decent discount for whatever I choose to order next.

Speaking of things not displaying correctly - I have been a VIP member for a long time, but I have never seen this prize wheel to spin! It never comes up for me no matter what I try. I don't know if another screen opens, or it's a pop-up when you log in. I was going back and forth with their CS team for quite a bit, I ended that adventure when they kept insisting that I send a screenshot of how the prize wheel looked when it came up for me. I can't take a screenshot of nothing being there!

Anyway, order placed, mystery of the points is solved, and I am off that site for now, at least until I decide on what to spend my points on.

hutlock likes this.
  23. GrooveLine

GrooveLine Forum Resident

By the time I started my order, Blue Train Mono was OOS
    so I ended up ordering Blue Train Stereo, Unity, Adam's Apple, Ella & Louis, and Ella & Louis Again... Thanks for the 40% off heads up!

24. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Same thing happened to me last sale. I "redeemed" a bunch of points but the system wouldn't allow me to use them. I sent an email to customer service and they reapplied the lost points back to my account.

Hit em up.

25. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

Did my 40% off just after midnight here in Massachusetts and also saved on sales tax. So Police Greatest Hits, Skynyrd Street Survivors, Seger Live Bullet orange and Macca Paul is Live for $95 delivered.

hutlock likes this.