uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Did anyone else notice the price differences between Udiscover and Sound Of Vinyl? I had the 6 Bryan Ferry LP's in my Cart at Udiscover at $29.99 each where Sound Of Vinyl had them at $24.98 before the 40% off.

These have to be the same versions no? As I believe both sites are owned by Universal I wonder why the price discrepancy?

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Simple answer is that Universal is chronically disorganized, but beyond that, no idea.

Mike H., The Elephant Man and mrjinks like this.
  3. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Sale still on?

4. Beholdentonoone

Sale is still on at Sound Of Vinyl even though it states end was midnight 6/12.

5. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

6. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

When I go to check out on SOV is there a code to put in?

Thanks again!

7. Beholdentonoone

I stand corrected. Vinyl40 was working an hour ago but I just tried it again as a test and it now does not work unfortunately.

8. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

I got a new email regarding latest order saying that Udiscover have new tracking system provided by "Route".
    Anybody had experience with this new system?
    Better? Worse?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

Figures the one week I don’t check SH for a few days udiscover finally has another decent sale…

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Get on their mailing list. That's how I find out about their sales.

11. ETSEQ

ETSEQ Forum Resident

Ok, I finally figured out what you are describing here, and I was also able to use that sliding thing just now on Oscar Peterson - We Get Requests (not a sale item). It's really janky though, because it doesn't even appear to be there. On my browser it looks like something to click that only gives you the option to redeem 100 points, but if you slide the cursor over that button it will change the amount.

And yes, I messed up and backed out of the purchase while I was experimenting with this. Somehow I ended up with one coupon for $21 off, one coupon for $15 off, and a few other miscellaneous $2 and $1 coupons. It appears you can only use one at a time.

So, I did manage to get $21 off Oscar Peterson with free shipping, and I still have a $15 off coupon for the future. I guess that's not too bad.

12. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Exactly my experience. Janky is the perfect word to describe it. Took me a long time to figure it out too.

ETSEQ likes this.
  13. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Glad to hear it worked out... yeah, their system is a bit hard to deal with but great that udiscover has a decent loyalty program and runs occasional great sales.....

ETSEQ likes this.
  14. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I was very skeptical when I placed my order and uDiscover said it would be shipped out on 8/15. To my surprise, I got a shipping notification today. It should arrive by Wednesday.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

I might be one of a handful of people who have never had an issue with UDiscover. Two of my orders from the sale have already shipped (Ella and Louis and BN Unity). The others were mostly preorders. Hard to beat their prices so if shipping takes a little bit I'm usually fine with it.

Chris Bernhardt, marcb, hype and 3 others like this.
  16. LongHairedJazz

LongHairedJazz Forum Resident

I'm so bummed I missed this sale and had to pull the trigger on the stereo Blue Train pre-order with just $13 off with my points. I have a feeling there will be another sale before the end of Summer but I got antsy on locking it in.

17. hutlock

Same. Definitely have had to wait longer than usual a couple of times but nothing at all major.

marcb and Mike H. like this.
  18. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Got my order from UDiscover today via Fedex........very quick turnaround and went out monday afternoon.
    Waiting on Sound of Vinyl order as they had different items I wanted that were not on UDiscover.

Half Speed Tommy sounding mighty fine!

Mike H., hutlock and soam like this.
  19. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

theyll probably have a labor day sale

hutlock and Mike H. like this.
  20. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

labor day then black friday and probably another one in between. IIRC it was 40% off last year for black friday.

21. Swordsandchains

Black friday is my go to every year

Davidmk5 likes this.
  22. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I've never had a problem with them, either, but they usually don't ship that fast in my experience.

Speaking of which, it rained the day my order arrived. I have a covered porch and there's only about a foot of space that actually got rained on. I'll give you one guess where the delivery person put the package. The box was soaked through, though I only had to wipe down one of the LPs. But it started pouring about 20 minutes later, so if I had gotten home half an hour later, it would have been a total loss.

No fault of uDiscover, but I had to get that off my chest.

Mike H., Patanoia and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. hutlock

Wow. That is LAME.

Buggyhair and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

I’m extremely lucky with my postman. He’s a record collector himself and always rings the doorbell when a record arrives. If I’m not home, he places it in the shade in a place where it can’t get wet. We always chat about music whenever I see him.

25. Swordsandchains

Exact same with my mailman