uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Some great offers but postage to The Netherlands will double or even triple the price.

2. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains A bird in the hand is like a man in the sand

any coupn codes?

3. joelee

joelee Senior Member

Prices on the Canadian site 3x the prices on the UK site.

4. imail724

imail724 Well-Known Member

After initially being told I wouldn't receive my order until January, I just got a shipping notification today for my 5 records.

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. putz

putz Forum Resident

Was Beatles Singles Collection one of them?

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa Play that fast thing one more time

I placed two big orders but both of them say they're not going to ship till the end of January

7. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

yeh that was the case with the stuff i wanted ......

joelee likes this.
  8. imail724

No. 3 Misfits records, T. Rex, and James Brown.

putz likes this.
  9. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Just got shipping confirmation on The Band 50th Colored anybody else order this

10. jlf

jlf Custom Title Unlocked

Just got an email saying I won’t get my order til late January. Woo...

11. georgepearrison

georgepearrison Forum Resident

Anyone whose shipment is being delayed probably has something in their order that is delayed or on “preorder” as they say on their website. That was my case. I emailed them, cancelled the Misfits record in my order that was still listed as “preorder” on their website and then they shipped the rest of my order. Kind of a bummer. I know people probably realize this, but just a reminder you can try and look on their site and see what is holding your order up.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  12. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I did on a large order and it was holding up the order, but today I got shipping conformation on all of it. Yippee!

13. trd

trd Forum Resident

Glad I stumbled on this thread. I just paid under $20 a set for 7 of the Tone Poet series releases. I’ve been slacking on buying these as they’ve come out and that may have paid off. Between this sale and the Blue Note 30% off sale I’ve grabbed 21 of the 80th Anny and Tone Poet release in the last week. It’s going to be a fun winter!

Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  14. notesofachord

notesofachord Get Ya Hands Outta Your Pockets

I snagged many more BN80s than Tone Poets. For my tastes, the titles in the BN80 series appealed to me more. Same mastering chain, I believe, just cheaper jackets/packaging.

trd likes this.
  15. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Now I'm nervous somebody on Discogs says a lot of these are warped I really don't want to have to deal with a a return with this udiscover site. Fingers crossed we get good ones

floyd likes this.
  16. imail724

Got my order of 5 records today. All records were stacked in a big box with a little bit of bubble wrap on the top and bottom. The record on top had a slight bend in the top corner, but other than that everything looks good thankfully.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  17. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Got my Yeah Yeah Yeah's box set today. Box was packed very nicely and records are perfect. A very nice set and a good deal with the coupon.

18. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains A bird in the hand is like a man in the sand

Got my Beatles Sgt Peppers SDE and White Album SDE yesterday. The clear sleeve for WA has some nice splitting...

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

warps are usually fixable, thankfully. and for what it's worth: i've had relatively zero problem with replacements when using their partner sites. far easier than getting what i ordered in the first place.

20. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Gonna be late Jan for me too, because of Rated R- ah well, that thing has been such a hot seller and hard to get hold of that I won't see it for that price for a long time, so I can be patient.

21. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I thought the TPs were pressed at RTI and the 80s were pressed somewhere else?

EDIT: Just checked — BN80s are pressed around Optimal, TPs at RTI.

GentleSenator likes this.
  22. BRush

BRush Forum Resident

Just received a refund for an order I placed 11/26. I ordered 11 lps, but received none.
    Udiscover must be using “Double Shot” for distribution.

Pitxhfork just published an article on Double Shot distributors. It’s been the Grinch for record labels & stores this fall. Nobody has been able to get product.

23. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Just got my order from about 4 weeks ago. The Band 50th Colored was a repackaged one. It must be a return for a slight warp. Can't believe they repackaged and sent it to me as new.

Then I put it on and it sounds incredible and the warp doesn't effect play at all or the tone arm. So no way am I dealing with a return with this site.

This remix sounds phenomenal and is worth getting

The La's BBC session album is excellent and The Quad Mix of the Jackson 5 I haven't had a chance to listen to yet.

This site is sketchy is all I have to say.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  24. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa Play that fast thing one more time

Ugh

25. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I actually think this site udiscover, Merchbar, and some other universal just try to get orders and then see if they have the stock.

It keeps money coming in a lot easier. I think most of there stock is just leftover from UMe and is sitting in warehouses all over the world and not being kept track of very well.