uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah if you let the points gather long enough you can still use the points to buy something during non-sale periods. The whole secret is to gather lots of points during the big sales and then spend the points when there is no sale. I don’t get why all the complaining myself.

Swordsandchains and masterbucket like this.
  2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

But can you ever use the points for more than $1 here or $5 there?

I saw I had a $34 "gift card" from points at one time, but I no longer see any way to redeem them other than in small increments.

Which as far as I can tell then can't be combined for one purchase.

Though I might be missing something.

3. hutlock

I haven’t had any trouble using as much as I want but I know other folks have, but then again, I don’t think I have ever tried to use points for more than like $30-$35 or so? The site seems to change every damn month too and sometimes stuff doesn’t work the same as it did…

Oatsdad likes this.
  4. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

I placed an order on Friday and received it in MN on Monday. Both records arrived in perfect shape. I've never had bad service, but I think that's the best it's ever been.

hutlock likes this.
  5. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Of course you can. At the checkout page, there's a slider. You can apply as many points as you have if you want, or in increments of 100.

Swordsandchains and hutlock like this.
  6. hutlock

Yeah, that’s always how I have seen it and it has never not been there unless there is already another coupon applied.

Oatsdad likes this.
  7. Oatsdad

Thanks! I'll try that again! :wave:

Gabe Walters and hutlock like this.
  8. Oatsdad

So it shouldn't appear during the current sale, I guess?

9. hutlock

I don’t think so. Or it might appear and just not slide. In any case, they don’t let you stack the discounts.

Oatsdad likes this.
  10. Oatsdad

Thanks. I may never have seen the slider because I've only attempted purchases during sales! :shh:

hutlock likes this.
  11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I see the slider every time and it allows me to use it. It even generated a code for my $20 discount this time. But when I tried to apply the code, it stated something like "Item is already discounted and discounts cannot be combined." Or something like that.

Of course, it was just last year that they triumphantly stated:
    We heard you loud and clear! You asked us to allow you to combine your hard earned points with our discounts and sales, and we made it happen!

Now, when you redeem points, a gift card code will be generated and applied to your order, allowing you to also use a coupon code if you have one.​
    They never sent out a statement revoking that policy and the fact that I'm STILL given that option on every purchase is maddening.

hutlock likes this.
  12. hutlock

I stand corrected! I guess I just never look for the slider during sales because I know it won’t work anyway…

Also, you have to be logged in to your account to have it pop up, right? On my phone at least I know I have to click on the little “gift” box in the lower right corner before the slider will appear.

mrjinks likes this.
  13. Oatsdad

Okay, I'm not an idiot - or at least not such an idiot that I missed a slider.

There is a slider on my screen... but it's invisible.

I see the little dot that moves but there's no line, so I thought the little dot was just a box I checked to get $1. :hide:

ETSEQ and hutlock like this.
  14. snowwhat

snowwhat Forum Resident

So you can only use reward points if your order only has items excluded from the sale?

15. hutlock

I believe that is correct. No stacking of discounts despite them saying that you could (see upthread).

snowwhat likes this.
  16. Oatsdad

Yup. I used the slider to get a $103 "gift card" I thought it'd let me use for "Revolver" but nope.

So now I have $103 waiting for non-sale prices. :sigh:

Went ahead and bought 5-CD "Revolver" anyway...

hutlock likes this.
  17. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I found out a sale or two back that if you try to use one of the gift card codes, it will wipe out the 30% discount and just take your gift card amount off of the full regular price.

18. hutlock

The last time I tried to do that, a box popped up saying that I already had a discount applied and was I sure I wanted to use the points instead. I said no, of course.

Oatsdad and superstar19 like this.
  19. ETSEQ

ETSEQ Forum Resident

I had the same issues as you. I felt dumb too, but it's a very confusingly designed system and perhaps is worse on some browsers than others. I didn't see the slider on my screen either and accidentally redeemed several rewards in very small increments trying to figure this out (which basically means they became unusable). I recall that it just looked like a button on my screen rather than a slider, and I got it to work by sliding over it with my cursor anyway even though the slider is not visible.

Oatsdad likes this.
  20. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

So currently theyre doing 2x points per dollar and since im diamond i should get 16 points per dollar. I did an order of both new BNC last night because i had a 30% off coupon that worked. So at $39 before tax, so i shouldve gotten 624 points but only got 134…

do i get the rest of the points credited later?

hutlock and Oatsdad like this.
  21. Oatsdad

For me, it just said I couldn't use it.

Didn't appear to give me the option to purchase sans discount. :shrug:

22. Oatsdad

Exactly. There's nothing there to imply there's a slider!

I'm smart - not like dumb, like people say. I'm smart, and I want respect! :D

JorgeGvb, hutlock and throwupmyhands like this.
  23. Oatsdad

My "Revolver" was $97 pre-tax and I got 1292 points. That's about 14 points per dollar.

I'm also Diamond - for the time being, at least.

So why 14 points/$? No idea. Close enough to not complain, though.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  24. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

did you get then points immediately after ordering? Or after it shipped?

25. Oatsdad

Immediately after ordering.

I got 3 emails at virtually the same time: order confirmation, mention of "Route" shipping, point confirmation.