uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Ah, looks like typical Udiscover BS. My items are not part of "SITE WIDE" AKA to most people "everything" discounts. This company, man...

2. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

It's working for me. Are you sure they haven't marked whatever item you're trying to get as "excluded from sitewide sales"?

Edit - beat me to it. They exclude a ton of stuff now, so definitely a bummer. Most stuff used to qualify, but now most (if not all) pre-orders and new items are excluded for at least a month or two after release it seems.

astro70 likes this.
  3. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Seems like Sound of Vinyl includes a lot more. I know the 2 sites are connected, and my accounts on both even seem to show the same rewards sometimes. I have yet to figure out if I can use my udiscover points on sound of vinyl though.

4. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Speaking of Sound of Vinyl, how long have they been charging $45.99-$46.99 for Tone Poets/Acoustic Sounds Series? Good Lord! I'm out at that price...

5. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

funny, but this happens when something returns a date of zero (so 1970-01-01), and then something (likely the browser) applies a timezone offset. since you're west of UTC, it subtracts that offset and moves the date to the previous date, so you got 1969-12-31.

i write javascript for a living and can't get it out of my head

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I was able to actually order the beatles bbc vinyl, which has been out of print everywhere for a while. The code worked.
    Just not on any blue note stuff

leeroy jenkins likes this.
  7. Chris Bernhardt

Chris Bernhardt Forum Resident

What seems to be happening is you can order some sale pre-orders discounts on some sites and not others. I got everything I wanted in the last couple of months but I had to spread it out between Udiscover, Sound Of Vinyl, and the Blue Note store. Maybe this method is meant to limit peoples points.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  8. kevinkasson

kevinkasson Forum Resident

Thanks for posting this, I ordered one too. I just got the shipping notification so they do actually have it. Wouldn't have expected to find this here, it wasn't listed last time I checked. I always think that I have every official Beatles album and just totally forget that these BBC albums exist. Pretty good price with the code since it's >$100 on discogs.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  9. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Just to be clear is this for volume 2? Couldn’t seem to find volume 1 (which is the one I don’t have) but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. Thanks!

10. aoxomoxoa

Yes bbc vol 2

11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm not a vinyl boy but ordered an $8 "Wings at the Speed of Sound" for a friend.

Wish I'd remembered my friend was into vinyl previously and I might've gotten him some other titles.

Vinyl is so far off my radar that I completely forgot my friend digs it! :sigh:

No idea if the pressing is good, but for $8.50 shipped, it's worth the chance.

jhm, Lewisboogie and kevinkasson like this.
  12. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

I put 4 items in my cart and it accepted only 1 of them for the sale. I bailed on the whole thing.

GentleSenator and astro70 like this.
  13. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

I’m not sure why they even call it site wide. Nobody is dumb enough to not notice that the code works on hardly anything when they go to check out

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

They don't understand what "site-wide" means, apparently.

They could easily make the sale items sortable/searchable, but they don't.

astro70 likes this.
  15. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Yep. I happened to notice the email for Pipes of Peace — I don’t play vinyl now (just have my life’s collection of Beatles and solo + another tub of favorites). But I grabbed that because I thought if I saw that for $8.50 in a store, sure I’d buy it.

Oatsdad likes this.
  16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, I shoulda done the same. Even if my friend didn't want the LP, someone here probably would've!

Lewisboogie likes this.
  17. aoxomoxoa

I did :confused:

18. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

I have the orange vinyl version of this and it sounds great. Better than the US original

They've had a couple different McCartney titles on sale the last few days. I picked up two that I didn't have - New and Linda's Wide Prairie. Hope it continues today

Lewisboogie, nedison and Galaga King like this.
  19. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

Does anyone know how to use points or rewards? Bought a lot of vinyl last year around holiday time. Bought more today and it keeps saying I earned points. How the heck do you access them to use on an order?

20. Galaga King

Galaga King "Drive where the cops ain't"

Nope, unfortunately some lame Steve Miller albums!

leeroy jenkins likes this.
  21. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

When you go to checkout, use the “slider” to indicate how many points you want to use.
    [​IMG]

Clicking Redeem generates a special discount code in the amount you selected, which you then apply to your order.

Note: points aren’t generally allowed to be used on discounted items. And some members have reported difficulties seeing the slider. Try different browsers, if necessary.

Ray29 likes this.
  22. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

Thank you. Must be that because my things were on sale, that redeemer slider thing does not appear.

mrjinks likes this.
  23. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

is there another kind of Steve Miller album? :D

GentleSenator and Galaga King like this.
  24. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

I guess it fits right in with the past lame McCartney offerings. Paul McCartney guests on the Steve Miller track “my dark hour” off of today’s Steve Miller sale album

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    nedison likes this.
  25. aoxomoxoa

I grabbed the 2 lame Steve Miller albums.
    Actually I don't think they are that bad