UFC: McGregor vs. Nurmagomedov

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by townsend, Oct 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

Your Royce hero worship and vast knowledge of jiu jitsu is certainly impressive. Have you trained and fought?

2. teodoro

teodoro Forum Resident

Well, I wouldn´t be too sure about that, to say the least...

3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Steven A Smith called it the craziest thing the malice in the palace.

4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Yet very little being written or talked about.
    Switch the name to connors and it would be non stop
    Always interesting how it works

5. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Just watched an interview with Dana White. He says Khabib's future is entirely in the hands of the Nevada Athletic Commission. Legally, CM didn't press charges so that's a non-issue. Whether the UFC yanks his title will depend upon the length of the suspension meted out by the commission. White feels there will be severe repercussions on Khabib from the commission seeing as how the Governor heads it and had to leave the building in a rush! Conor's purse has been given to him, they're holding Khabib's. Khabib's made a near-fatal career-ending mistake. That said, if he retains his title and is allowed to fight, the re-match will be HUGE! (same end result thought!;))

6. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

There’s too much money to be made in the event of a rematch, it’s going to be huge. That said I’m sure the commission wouldn’t want to miss out on all that potential revenue for the state.

7. townsend

townsend Senior Member Thread Starter

It was one thing for Khabib to lose his cool and vault over the fence after one of Conor's training partners. What I found equally ridiculous was when one of Khabib's training partners vaulted into the octagon and attacked Conor from behind. That was so uncalled for -- I think that Khabib training partner ought to be banned from all future UFC events.

I wouldn't be interested in a rematch at all. There is nothing Conor can do in the interim to improve his takedown defense up to a point it would make a difference.

Perhaps a more interesting fight would be Khabib vs. Tony Ferguson (assuming Khabib isn't sent to outer Mongolia as punishment by the athletic commission for a decade). Ferguson has been scheduled to fight Khabib twice but for various reasons (one fighter or the other), those bouts have been cancelled.

Meanwhile, Ferguson is on a 11-fight win streak and apparently wants to "clean out the lightweight division."

I am not suggesting that Ferguson's takedown defense is vastly superior to Conor. What I am suggesting is that his whole fighting style may be more challenging to Khabib. As for Conor, we already know that he is toast when he gets in the ring with Khabib. A rematch based on the hope of Conor getting lucky and catching Khabib when he comes in isn't a very interesting rematch to me.

Finally, I don't think fighting Nate Diaz again holds any interest, with these other fighters out there.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  8. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

Kazushi sakaraba toyed with Royce for over an hour....literally tortured him until they threw in the towel

9. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

SAKURABA tortured gracie for over an hour just to make a point ....the Gracie hunter!!Oh yeah...and McGregor got exposed big time!

10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

:D:p:biglaugh::laugh::agree::winkgrin::goodie::thumbsup::edthumbs::uhhuh::pineapple: all the way to the bank, I'm cynical enough to believe this was all staged...except for the fight. We'll see a part II in the future guaranteed.

11. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I'd disagree. It was trash talk taken to a frankly, disgusting all time low compounded by CM's ridiculous antics. Khabib's guilty of not playing the game like Mayweather did, he took it to heart. Trash talk has existed forever, Muhammad Ali went to Sonny Listons house to do his hysteria Schick, he also got rubber gorillas that he'd claim were Joe Frazier. But what Conor McGregor's doing is race-baiting and hate-mongering. Sad thing is that the public eats it up! But here's the thing about talking trash, its cool as long as you can back it up. It ok to scream yr the greatest when you actually are! CM's schtick gets more and more pathetic with each loss!

12. Gill-man

Gill-man Forum Resident

13. townsend

townsend Senior Member Thread Starter

Here is a youtube video where the poster analyzes the post-fight brawl:

I think he did a great job, using video from various sources and angles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.