Ultrasonic cleaning machine solutions

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Brent Maeder, Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brent Maeder

Brent Maeder Active Member Thread Starter

I recently purchased a 6 liter ultrasonic tank and a cleanervinyl apparatus that will clean two records at a time...........before they arrive, I would like everyone to please offer their input as to the ingredients and their exact amount for a 6 liter unit.........please do not give me formulas or ratios.........

I am looking to see what every one uses in the way of water and type (de-ionized or distilled) , surfactants, cleaners, etc and how they perform.........if you have used other mixtures that have not worked as well as your current regiment please let me know about those also........

I will be doing a thorough rinse of the records after the cleaning cycle, and I will be filtering the cleaning solution as well..........

If there is anyone who is currently using L'art Du Son in their 6 liter ultrasonic cleaning machine, please tell me how much you are using and if you are combining it with anything other than water.......

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Brent

2. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

I, more or less, followed the information here https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/rushton-paul-diy-approach-ultrasonic-cleaning-lps/

I also have a 6L tank. The results are great except you have the thoroughly rinse to get the surfactant off. I'm using Triton X-100. I'm doing three cycles of water rinses on a VPI RCM. If you don't do that then you get gunk on the stylus, and you can hear that it is not as good. Giving it a good rinse really does result in more low level detail.

Echo's Answer likes this.
  3. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

to the point.x-100 20 drops per 4 oz

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  4. Tropehjelm

Tropehjelm Forum Resident

I buy a little bottle from Audiodesk called just "cleaning fluid"
    I have a 6 L ultrasonic cleaner,and one bottle is for 5 Liter of water. It works really well here. I use distilled water.

5. dconsmack

dconsmack Senior Member

20 drops of TergiKleen per 1-gallon jug of distilled water. Rinse/dry with distilled water/MoFi Record Cleaning Brush/KAB USA EV-1 Record Vacuum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.