Unanswered Beatles questions ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by George Blair, Feb 23, 2018.

1. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

If we contrast the original photo:
    [​IMG]

with the image as printed in the LP booklet:
    [​IMG]

The red marks appear likely to be a printing error. As with all the supposed "Paul is dead" clues, they are merely a random detail that has arbitrarily been assigned special significance by people with a pre-existing agenda.

2. stevemoss

stevemoss Forum Resident

I don't think the red marks are a printing error. If you compare the two photos, you can see that the biggest difference in the booklet version is that all of the colors have been pushed much more saturated. This is exaggerating what would otherwise be a much more subtle coloration (that is still visible in the original photo).

Based on exactly where the red falls on the shoe, I'm suspecting that it's nothing more than bright sun bouncing off Ringo's red-painted bass drum skin, acting like a fill light.

3. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Exactly, that's the way it looks in the original photo. Then in the LP booklet version of the photo, there are some additional red marks underneath the shoe which appear to be a printing error.

nikh33 and edenofflowers like this.
  4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I recently noticed the label of Live Peace In Toronto contains the word 'Core' in the catalogue number.

5. Cokelike-

Cokelike- Forum Resident

This is interesting, as well. Thanks for posting!

6. maxwell2323

maxwell2323 Forum Resident

Pete Best will probably outlive them all. Isn't that ironic?

7. deredordica

deredordica Music Freak

Did Paul really die?

8. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

No, it's not ironic.

cwitt1980 and tages like this.
  9. paul62

paul62 Forum Resident

Pete Best has some unanswered Beatles questions to ask......

10. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Karmic perhaps?

maxwell2323 likes this.
  11. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

This may be common knowledge - but when Decca said that guitar bands were on the way out to which bands were they referring? The Shadows? Elvis's band? The Crickets?

12. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

It's unclear whether Dick Rowe of Decca ever really said that. Brian Epstein (in his book) quoted Rowe as saying "groups of guitarists are on their way out" when telling Brian that Decca was rejecting the Beatles. But Rowe denied ever saying it. The fact that Decca wound up signing Brian Poole and the Tremeloes supports his claim that he didn't say it, because they were as much a guitar group as the Beatles. It would have been a peculiar thing to say anyway, because it's not like guitar groups had been particularly popular in the couple years prior.

905 and AFOS like this.
  13. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Not only that, but we're supposed to believe Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein that "groups of guitarists are on the way out" yet months later, on George Harrison's recommendation supposedly, Rowe turns round and signs none other than The Rolling Stones to Decca, the "guitar group" to end all guitar groups?:D

Apparently Decca favoured The Tremoloes over The Beatles because The Tremeloes were from London; they were essentially a local act, and The Beatles weren't.

pablo fanques and 905 like this.
  14. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

When did he sign The Stones? Was it after The Beatles had their first major hit or before?

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  15. Wayfaring Stranger

Wayfaring Stranger Forum Resident

Just a word about Brian Poole and The Tremeloes - here in the UK they had a bunch of hits in the early 60s and then when Brian Poole left them, the band had lots of UK hits themselves in the late 60s. They were never "cool" in either line-up, BUT I once saw some TV footage of them playing live on a BBC TV show (Blue Peter, a kids show) and they were amazing! Their guitarist - the one who sang the high bits on their cover of Silence is Golden (a number one hit in the UK) - was an exceptional player, and their drummer was really good too. I know nothing more about them, but perhaps there was more to Decca's decision to sign them than simply that they were "local". (Can't believe I'm heralding The Tremeloes! Don't tell my friends...)

edenofflowers likes this.
  16. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

I would assume after, but I'm not really sure. All I know is The Beatles heard about the Stones, went down the Crawdaddy Club and checked 'em out, the two bands hit it off, and not long after George ran into Dick Rowe at a club or something and told him "You need to sign these guys."

pablo fanques and AFOS like this.
  17. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

Bad move by Brian Poole - they had more hits after he left them. "Silence Is Golden" is a favourite. Also like "(Call Me) Number One" which ironically stalled at number two.

pablo fanques likes this.
  18. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

After. Decca signed the Stones in early May 1963; the Beatles were not quite at full Mania, but were rapidly ascendant. It was the Beatles' success, and Rowe's kicking himself over it, that led Rowe to take Harrison's advice.

nikh33 and ohnothimagen like this.
  19. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Tell me why you cried, and why you lied to me.

Isamet likes this.
  20. MitchLT

MitchLT Two for the show

Assuming the four Apple label sides for the White Album LP represent One complete Apple cut in two...
    Does this mean that Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road and Let It Be only represent half an apple each?

If so, are the missing halves scheduled for any future release(s)?

:wiggle:

pablo fanques and NumberEight like this.
  21. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Yellow Submarine may be considered half an apple. :p

Abbey Road could be a road apple. But definitely a whole one.

Let It Be is a red apple.

22. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Not in Europe, it ain't.

23. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Well, either way it was definitely a new phase BEATLES album...

24. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Check out the What a Shame collection of their psych recordings. It's great stuff!

25. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Then Frida People would be on it