UNDELIVERED OR POOR QUALITY PRODUCT FROM MEMBER

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Waynefi, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waynefi

Waynefi Confused over the confusion ? Thread Starter

The thread below discussses a forum member that has either not delivered paid product or sent inferior product packed poorly. Since he announced himself in the last thread, I will mention his member name, "mrtownshend"

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=256445

He has had my money for 6 weeks and not delivered the LP paid for. I contacted him several times and kept getting promises to ship, but never get the item. The last time it was suppsed to ship was Monday 7/18, never rec'd and now no more responses to PM's. If you read the thread above you will see some of the issues and also comments about emails original OP had gotten from members also having the same issue.. It appears he has not signed in since 7/26.

I had sent a money order per his request, which I normally would not do , but it was only about 28 bucks. It's not the money it's the point !

Since some of us have his name and PO box, you can certainly mail him your thoughts if he has not responded to you, just for your own satisfaction.

How are we sure this guy does not get a new login and start again ? I guess a bunch of us know his name and will be aware if he shows up again. Just going to post negative feedback, for what that is worth !

2. Waynefi

Well I have heard from a few others and nobody has heard from him.

3. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your trouble with that miscreant of a seller, but thanks for the warning. I'll add him to my Ignore List so that "We Don't Get Fooled Again" from purchasing anything from him in the future.

4. No.9

No.9 Member

From time to time, we all have the misfortune of dealing with persons of low moral and ethical character. Hope it's all good in the end.

5. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

No one turns into a jerk overnight. I have had no interaction with this seller but from the looks of it I'd guess some possibilities: debilitating physical infirmity (forgivable but why not say so and end the speculation), overwhelming family issues (again, why not say so, surely buyers would cut him some slack) or desperate cash grab borne of desperate financial straights or sheer greed. I'd vote for the last but who knows? It's painful to watch someone's character get trashed but what else can one assume when there's no communication? Too bad and I feel for the buyers who have been inconvenienced (to put it mildly) by someone who appears to have gone to seed.

6. levi

levi Can't Stand Up For Falling Down In Memoriam

I always feel like I'm rolling the dice when I buy vinyl on eBay, but this has been a sanctuary of great sellers, in my experience. Hope you guys will post feedback that reflects your experiences thoroughly. That's the only way to warn future buyers.

Jeff

7. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

I know Gorts don't want to get involved in the Classifieds, but can't we have a stricter policy to protect the good sellers/buyers? How about a simple "three strikes" rule. Three negative complaints gets you banned.

8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I think that is reasonable.

9. I think it's simpler to just pay with Paypal and dispute the charge if the item purchased isn't received before Paypal's dispute deadline.

10. TLMusic

TLMusic Musician & record collector

I've received PMs from three other members complaining about their interactions with this guy. People are not happy...

I must stress that, otherwise, ALL my other transactions in the classifieds have gone well. Any minor issues were quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

11. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Every single transaction I have had through the Classifieds has been outstanding, except for this guy. Sorry to hear that others are going through this trouble. I think that we are all lucky to gave a great resource here... there is not much you can do about bad sellers though. It is going to happen from time to time. Greg, if you are reading this, you should be embarrassed with your actions. This is a nice community of people here.

12. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

There's only two negative ratings. :shrug:

Some folks are afraid of retaliatory negative feedback, I guess. But we can adjust feedback if it is unwarranted.

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Does that mean only two allowed ?

14. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I had such an experience recently with someone who continues to sell here. He's ******bag of the highest order. It seems the seller that is the focus here is no better.

15. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

:laugh:

You kidding? Of course not! & ratings, 5 positive, two negative.

16. KeithH

Remember that if you send a gift payment, which some sellers here request to avoid the fees, you have no recourse with PayPal.

17. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Folks, this is the gentleman who we removed the retaliatory negative for. :)

Please note that you have to contact us for removal. We don't keep track of everyone's feedback.

18. KeithH

One concern with banning a seller is that it then becomes highly unlikely that a seller will ever refund payments. The seller will likely just crawl away. There is still a chance (like one in a million ;)) if the seller is still a member.

19. KeithH

Yeoman's work, Gary. :)

The retaliatory negative feedback was further evidence of this seller's ******baggery.

20. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

This is very true. We can step in but when it comes to money, most will just walk away and keep the cash.

Maybe we should post something like "This ain't no eBay. We're serious about grading and quality products" or something like that.

21. easyge

easyge Senior Member

Fascinating. It took me nearly a month to get my LZI UK vinyl from him. He mentioned to me that he had suffered a leg injury and was laid up. Also part of the reason it took a month was that he did not accept Pay Pal so I mailed a check.

I must admit that the shipping packaging was real amateurish. Just 2 two pieces of cardboard protected the album. The listing mentioned the LP cover as EX but it actually to me was closer to VG. There were several creases in the cover. Not sure if that was due to the shipping package or if that was the way it was originally.

22. Waynefi

That is what I thought, I posted negative. It would seem from my Pm's, others PM's and this and the other thread there are at least 6 people with issues if not more.

A member Pm'd me that he was told that this guy lost his selling privlages, how do we verify that ?

23. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

Instead of more rules and restrictions, we just need to watch out for each other a little more. That guy who sold the bum SACD to KeithH and this Who feller, if I see them list anything for sale, I'll ask them in that thread to "Please explain your negative feedback" as a way of alerting other potential buyers they may be dealing with a shady character.

24. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Oh, they always have good excuses. Unfair, not my fault, misunderstanding, etc.

Or post PM on it's way!

Later post Offer withdrawn due to negative feedback.

But I'm not thinking like a moderator right now - I'm thinking like a buyer...

25. KeithH

Good idea. It will likely turn into an excuse-fest, but they'll know they can't run away from their bad acts, and it will raise awareness to their transgressions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.