Unearthed Dimebag Darrell interview

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CaptainSizzle, Mar 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. CaptainSizzle

CaptainSizzle The Tapes Archives Thread Starter

This past week a 1992 Dimebag Darrell interview was released that had never been heard by anyone. I think it’s a very insightful interview about his guitar playing and song creation process. But my biggest walk away thought is man he sounded like a good dude.

I thought some of you might really enjoy it. I’d love to know if others enjoyed it as much as I did.

2. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

3. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

I was taken aback by Dimebag's columns in various Guitar Player-type magazines. His band always came off as too tough for words, but that tough exterior could give way to a smart (nigh on intellectual) and sensitive musician.

CaptainSizzle and TongueDruid like this.
  4. CaptainSizzle

CaptainSizzle The Tapes Archives Thread Starter

I have to say, out of all the interviews I have put up, this is probably my favorite. It really captures the great personality of Dimebag.

ian christopher and TongueDruid like this.
  5. TongueDruid

TongueDruid The Delectable Dingleberry

Thanks for sharing, that's one of the few Dime things I've never heard/watched until now! Beautiful interview... Cool timing on it too, since he's talkin about just having bought that ol' Digitech Whammy pedal for the first time! Also, it's funny, being a teenager in the '90s I never realized that Dean MLs never had whammy bars come stock on 'em until after Dime. I bought a used ML from a buddy in the early-'00s for cheap and it had a Floyd on it, I gigged w that thing for yeeeears and beat the hell out of it. Couldn't not do those wild Dimebag harmonic squeals all over everything every chance I got :laugh:
    Big, heavy sunovagun... Loved weilding that thing. I still have it, still kickin'!