Unexpected photos of your favorite musicians together?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by antonkk, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Hiraeth

Hiraeth Forum Resident

Bob Dylan David Bowie, sometime around 1990

[​IMG]

2. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

BD: “Now about that goddam song you wrote about me in ‘71..”
    DB: (quietly through gritted teeth) “ ohhhh...crap”

3. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Kim Shattuck and Johnny Thunders

[​IMG]

JL6161, LilacTeardrop and Jimmy B. like this.
  4. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Hey Elton, can I borrow your glasses for my next album cover shoot?

[​IMG]

5. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

[​IMG]
    Steve Cropper, John Prine, Phil Ochs. Published in the biography of Phil Ochs, "Death of a Rebel".

6. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

...plus The Barron Knights ...and Bev. Full House!

MPLRecords likes this.
  7. mishima's dog

mishima's dog Forum Resident

Looks like the same junket as the photo on the last page though by that time Bowie had taken off his tie and hit the beer in a plastic cup.

8. Hiraeth

Hiraeth Forum Resident

You are right! Apparently these photos were taken in 1985 at a party at the Whitney Museum for the release of "Biograph", the career spanning box set, which was a very big deal at the time:

"First released in late 1985, Biograph, whose recordings cover the years between 1962 and 1981, was an attempt to present a somewhat-comprehensive Dylan retrospective with previously unreleased tracks augmented by liner notes, commentary and photos. Not only was Biograph a critical and commercial success upon its initial release, but it launched the rock box set boom from the late 80s through the mid 90s (In his AllMusic.com review on Biograph, Stephen Thomas Erlewine said: “Historically, Biograph is significant not for what it did for Dylan’s career, but for establishing the box set, complete with hits and rarities, as a viable part of rock history”)."

Here are two other combos from that evening:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

goer, bluesky and mishima's dog like this.
  9. Solaresque

Solaresque Forum Resident

I think Joe has, also.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  10. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

[​IMG]
    Jim Morrison & Van Morrison

11. jeddy

jeddy Forum Resident

those two should have done an album together
    Would have been monumental

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Sylvain Sylvain, Mike Ness, Joan Jett, Jesse Malin & Steve Conte

[​IMG]

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

13. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Topper Headon, Joe Strummer, Al Fields, David Johansen & Debbie Harry

[​IMG]

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

D-rock, Steeve, JL6161 and 3 others like this.
  14. TrekkiELO

TrekkiELO Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    L-R: Mike de Albuquerque, Mike Edwards, Marc Bolan and Jeff Lynne

Jeff Lynne [ELO]: "Marc Bolan is a friend of mine from a few years back. He was in Air [Studios] - dubbing something - and we had a good booze up, a bit of a reunion. It was the first time I'd seen Marc for about two years, and he asked if we were doing any local gigs. Then he came along to Watford and joined us on "Roll Over Beethoven", which was the last number. Right from the beginning, the girls at the front spotted him at the side of the stage and they were screaming all through the set ... It was an experience for us just to see it really happening, but he must get choked off by the fact that he can't hear himself play because he really is a good guitar player you know!"

[​IMG]
    Original article published in The Sunday Mercury on Sunday 16/09/12

Bev Bevan [ELO]
    : "It's not widely known but Marc Bolan once joined ELO! We'd been friends with Marc since the early days of Tyrannosaurus Rex, with whom we'd appeared at a number of gigs - but a chance encounter in the recording studio led to something more. We were at Air [Studios] London, putting down some new tracks for an album ["On The Third Day"], and who should walk in but Marc, who had been recording there earlier in the day. After we exchanged pleasantries we got down to work with Marc joining us and we completed a couple of tracks. Listen to the single version of "Ma Ma Ma Belle" and it's Marc playing twin lead guitar with Jeff Lynne. We thought he was kidding but one night in Watford, he turned up with his guitar and jammed with us on "Roll Over Beethoven". It was surprise for everyone and we felt a bit sorry for him when he first came on stage. Our audiences were quite 'heavy' and with Marc's pop image he came in for a bit of stick from some of the folk there, but he soon won them over and we all enjoyed ourselves. The song that night lasted around 15 minutes, much to the delight of the fans!"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :cool:

15. TrekkiELO

TrekkiELO Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    Bev Bevan's article for his Sunday Mercury blog back on Friday, June 26th, 2009...

"I recall the day I met Michael Jackson backstage in America. He came to see ELO when we played in Los Angeles back in 1978. He was ushered backstage and came to shake hands with us all. He seemed cheerful but rather shy, and there wasn't any conversation between us. But I was told that he liked our music, and that was quite a compliment. The news of his death came as a great shock, even though he had looked frail in recent times. I was a huge fan of his music during the late 1970's and 1980's. He was brilliant then. I went to see him in concert at Wembley Stadium - I think it was on the 'Bad' tour - and it was one of the best shows I had ever seen. As a live performer he was fantastic. He was the best dancer on the planet, too. It's best that we all remember him that way than for all the personal problems he faced." ~ Bev Bevan

:cool:

16. MielR

MielR THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Gene, Cher, KC. I'm a fan of Kiss and KC...Cher not so much.
    [​IMG]

17. MielR

I have some photos I took when Roy Wood showed up as a surprise guest at a Cheap Trick concert in a club in NYC around 1995. I'll post them when I find them.

van1 likes this.
  18. TrekkiELO

TrekkiELO Forum Resident

19. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

I wonder if that is after Cher and Gene were together? It must have been some awards show or something like that.

D-rock, MielR and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

[​IMG]
    Jimmy Page, Don Felder, Steve Miller

21. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Damn. Wouldn't I love to be a fly on the wall when Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney are hanging out and shooting the breeze.

reb and Matthew Tate like this.
  22. TrekkiELO

TrekkiELO Forum Resident

23. zen

zen Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Carl Palmer and Jon Anderson backstage at the Las Vegas Rock Music Awards Show (August 2013).

24. DeadPhishBlues

DeadPhishBlues I just got back from Kill Devil Falls

[​IMG]
    sting with Brian Johnson.

reb, squittolo and aravel like this.
  25. MielR

It looks to be right around the time they were dating. Based on how Cher and KC are dressed, it was probably the Grammys or AMAs.

Matthew Tate likes this.