Unique qualities of a purely tube sound

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Sa likes this and, Jan 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

All tubes here all the time until the Aleph J was finished. Best of both worlds.

[​IMG]

2. Spin Doctor

Spin Doctor Forum Resident

Yah, that's my impression. It's very good. I don't have a lot of experience with tube amps, but bought this one on a lark, so to speak after I read a post on it. I've always wanted a Bob Carver amp. And at half the price of a Mac, I'll take it. It's pretty too.

[​IMG]

billnunan and doctor fuse like this.
  3. stax o' wax

stax o' wax Forum Resident

What you describe above what pretty much what I am experiencing.
    I get that tube magic with a Sonic Frontiers Phono Pre (NOS tubes) and then amplify with SS.

Otlset likes this.
  4. billnunan

billnunan Forum Resident

That is a beautiful amp! Wow!

Spin Doctor likes this.
  5. shug4476

shug4476 Nullius In Verba

It's arrived today. Power is not a problem. 11 o'clock position on the volume dial is more than loud enough.

Hard to judge the quality at the moment as somebody is using a chainsaw outside my place (today of all days...). On a quick listen, it is not leaps and bounds ahead of my Arcam amp.

6. Dream On

Dream On Forum Resident

The A21's most noteworthy qualities to me are amazing detail which sounds natural, great clarity, and richness. Leaps and bounds better? I don't know. But the extra detail and clarity may not jump out at you unless your listening room is quiet. Also, not sure how much break in is needed, as my A21 was a used purchase. So I would definitely give it some time.

shug4476 likes this.
  7. Spin Doctor

Spin Doctor Forum Resident

Thank you, and thank you too Bob! It sounds awesome. And it doesn't require a lot of care and feeding either.

billnunan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.