Upcoming John Lennon Imagine release out 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikecarrera, Jun 3, 2018.

1. John Kelman

John Kelman Writer/Photographer, AAJ Senior Contributor

2. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

Anyone from the US getting shipment notifications lately from UDISCOVER? I'm a day or two from "attempting" to cancel or contacting my credit card company to charge back. I figured I would have some time with this before the White Album but not looking good and might as well wait for Black Friday.

3. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Mine arrived today.
    Beautifully done, and well packaged.

joeislive likes this.
  4. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

The alternate versions of I Don't Want to be a Soldier really bring the funk.

5. beatman61

beatman61 Well-Known Member

I canceled mine from UDiscover yesterday. Very poor customer service when items are readily available from other online sellers. I still haven't received the $ back yet and don't know how long it will take. I'm like you, very frustrated with them.

6. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

7. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member

Was there ever a full length studio recording of San Francisco Bay Blues during the Imagine sessions? Or was the only thing captured the brief acoustic throwaway that circulates which is less than a minute in length?

8. lennonology

lennonology Formerly pas10003

It was simply a brief rendition recorded on May 29th, 1971 while John was overdubbing vocals.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

applejam101 likes this.
  9. The bigger limited deluxe (unsigned) Imagine book arrived today. Just beautiful.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. John Kelman

All I can say is: Wow. And would that I could've afforded it! Congrats on what looks like a wonderful acquisition!

hodgo and arcamsono like this.
  11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Having just seen the non-deluxe today for the first time, I have to say: it’s very nice, but it’s gonna be on the remainder shelves at 20% of the current retail price soon. Just my prediction. I went into my local Barnes & Noble today and they had ten copies on the shelf. Having lived here for almost two decades, I can guarantee you there are not that many people that will buy it here at that price ($50) or even be interested in it at all. I’d imagine the handful of hardcore Beatle fans here would’ve bought it (already) cheaper elsewhere. If my store got ten, I’d guess larger markets would have many more copies. Over press?

I’m still holding out hope I’ll get a signed one from amazon (no cancellation yet!)...

12. Galaga King

Galaga King "Drive where the cops ain't"

Why are the original titles "I Don't Want to Be a Soldier" and "Give Me Some Truth" changed?

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  13. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Where did you order from? Pre ordered from Amazon months ago still showing a release date of the 13th

14. Amazon UK. When they initially had a lower price.

15. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Blast I had pre ordered from amazon uk first but then they kept pushing the release date further so decided I might as well order from the US since it was the same price at the time.

16. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

*Executive produced by YOKO ONO. She wanted the titles that way.

Actually I'm not aware of "Gimme Some Truth" being "Give Me Some Truth" originally. Was it really? I don't have an original pressing of the LP or anything so I don't know.

17. tages

tages Senior Member

I ordered back in September and haven’t received anything so I emailed them and somebody wrote back saying they couldn’t find my order.

So I took a screenshot of my original confirmation email and sent it, still waiting for a reply.

Hands down the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.

mcd4959 likes this.
  18. mcd4959

mcd4959 Head in the Clouds

FINALLY got my delivery email yesterday from uDiscover, with an actual USPS tracking number. Had to email them twice. They always respond within a few days but it's usually an email that basically tells me to be patient.

I don't think they're the worst but they clearly have order fulfillment issues.

19. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

It is a great book. Mine arrived a week or so ago, but it is in a queue for attention with such a lot of SDEs that have been arriving without mercy over the last week or two (and another next Friday!). I have browsed through it (and that alone took a white given its 500 pages!) and it looks great. A worthwhile addition to the library. It is finding time to read all of these items that are stacking. It is hardly something that you can pack for a holiday read! Imagine was one of the first of this current crop of special editions to arrive and it seems such a long time ago now, but it wasn't really. I still have some of that to listen to. Have been through most of the CD music and some of the 5.1 mixes but there are other items still waiting patiently such as the quad mix etc. Who would have expected such a deluge of goodies? Last week was Village Appreciation week and now I'm in Dylan mode with Mott the Hoople waiting patiently in the wings along with The Action. And I can hear Paul taking his coat off in the hallway...

Taxman, hodgo and Mazzy like this.
  20. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

mrjinks and dormouse like this.
  21. jconsolmagno

jconsolmagno Forum Resident

My order shipped about 1 am last night from UDISCOVER, looks like it is being shipped out of Virginia.

Hopefully it is packaged correctly.

22. Yes it’s all so overwhelming.

mrjinks and dormouse like this.
  23. John Kelman

And there's so much more to come this month: Beatles, Hendrix, Kate Bush, Tull, Joplin/Big Brother....I've so much preordered that I can't remember it all! Gonna be a busy month, but in the best possible way, that will, no doubt, extended well into December and January! A lot of new (or redone) music to absorb...but it's what I live for!

jl151080 likes this.
  24. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

My order from Target for this version says the same.

25. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

a nice little recollection of being asked to participate on a couple tracks of John's Imagine album.

oboogie, ssmith3046 and dormouse like this.