Upcoming WiiM Pro Node Killer

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by telemike, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Anyone know how to setup Qobuz so album favorites are by artist and not date added with the WiiM iOS home app? I can set it fine with the Qobuz app. But can't seem to find a setting that allows me to do it with the WiiM app.

2. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident

Couldn't find that either. You can search albums by Artist which works if you are looking for a specific artist's album to listen too.

Bill Mac likes this.
  3. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Thanks... now I don't feel like a total idiot ;). I've been doing exactly that when looking for specific albums. I'm hoping that WiiM sorts this out as well as showing the music playing on the lock screen of the iPhone.

imsjry and rockin_since_58 like this.
  4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I don't have a WiiM, but the lock screen is an Apple issue. They'll show what's playing on a lock screen when playing directly from any service's app (their own, Tidal, Qobuz, etc.), but not when I'm using BluOS or Sonos. Once Qobuz adds a connect feature your problem may be solved. For now I've dropped that service until it has both a Connect feature and is supported by HEOS.

5. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

I may have jumped the gun a little. I had to power down my wifi and now the WIIM has gone haywire. Didn’t have time to troubleshoot. Hopefully it’s nothing.

6. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

As far as I know Android users with the WiiM app also do not see songs playing on the lock screen. It's a WiiM issue as far as I know. I no longer have Tidal. But do those with Tidal see music playing with a lock screen when using the WiiM app?

7. Donivey

Donivey Forum Resident

Just go under device settings and you can reboot. That usually works.

8. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Just unplug it for a few minutes. The few issues I've had with my WiiM Mini were solved by just unplugging it. The common issue was it stays on the same resolution on the display of my Marantz SA-KI Ruby. If I play something at 44.1/16 and then an album at 192/24 it still shows 44.1/16. No clue why it does this but unplugging the Mini always resolves it.

BayouTiger likes this.
  9. BayouTiger

That's what I did and it came back. A simple reboot did not fix it, but powering down for a bit did. One thing I can't seem to find is how to make it connect to a different WiFi. I can see status, but not a way to change it. It seems to be focused on a simple startup, but does not seem to have a good way to change some settings except the audio settings.

10. PATB

PATB Recovering Vinyl Junkie

My experience with the Wiim Pro was perfect until yesterday when our WiFi went out temporarily. After that, the unit could not reconnect without having to reinitiate the installation from the beginning.

11. BayouTiger

That’s what i did. Not much setup to do, so reset, reconnect to WiFi, and relogin to Qobuz, and keep jamming!

PATB and Bill Mac like this.
  12. rubberhead

rubberhead Erotic Thriller

I got a Pro last week and quickly followed with a Topping E30II. It's fantastic, especially for the price. The WiiM app has some weirdness; when playing Tidal, for example, it only displays an artists albums, not singles (unless someone knows what I'm failing to see). But the sound, expensive I added Qobuz, is excellent.

superstar19 likes this.
  13. telemike

telemike Forum Resident Thread Starter

Use Tidal Connect

14. rubberhead

rubberhead Erotic Thriller

Yes of course, I'm just interested in the cause of a bizarre and inexplicable glitch

15. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Mine will be delivered on monday. Had to wait a few weeks for it to become available in EU again. At the moment only available through amazon.de. Other shops are still waiting for supply.

16. Jack_Straw

Jack_Straw Forum Resident

Does this resample everything to 48 like the Node, or will it pass through 44.1, 88, 96, etc?

17. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

My WiiM Mini passes through digitally up to 24/192. I have it connected to an Onkyo receiver via optical digital, and my Onkyo only accepts up to 96 kHz via that port, but it is indeed receiving 24/96 when I feed it so. Many people online confirm 24/192 in a similar setup.

bever70 and Jack_Straw like this.
  18. Jack_Straw

Jack_Straw Forum Resident

Cool, thanks! I'm curious - what happens when you try to feed your Onkyo a file >96kHz?

19. telemike

telemike Forum Resident Thread Starter

you can set the output resolution to match your DAC. So 192 would be converted to 96.

bever70 and BayouTiger like this.
  20. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Correct. You can set the max output resolution in the UPnP Bridge plug-in settings. I have mine set to 96000 Hz, because the Onkyo won’t accept anything higher via optical digital input.

21. bever70

Wiim Pro installed. Plug it in, download the app, get a prompt for an update, do the update, done!
    Using the wiim home app for my own files on pc is not that great. Still use Plex for that, but the negative is that plex cast (to wiim) isn't gapless. Casting from within the wiim home app is gapless.
    Now, thanks to the wiim home app I finally discovered Radio Paradise, so downloaded their app and streaming flac lossless quality from there. From the wiim home app it's 524kbps (still great) but sadly no album art/artist info.
    My CCA has been moved to the kitchen now.

The Dark/Digital Side:
    [​IMG]

Bob_in_OKC and imsjry like this.
  22. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

I have the WiiM connected to my Plex server and it works awesome. I recommend.

bever70 likes this.
  23. bever70

Yes, but you use the plex app to control the music I suppose?! Because the wiim home app is seriously lacking when using as a user interface to control your Plex server. Hopefully they'll imply a solution for plexamp in one of their future upgrades.

24. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

I do. It shows up as Home Music Server and seems to work very well for basic playback. But I agree, the WiiM app API for Qobuz for example is lacking! They did just add a Play Next option so that’s exciting.

bever70 likes this.
  25. Hawkeye20

Hawkeye20 Well-Known Member

bever70 likes this.