Update

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by clogs, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clogs

clogs New Member Thread Starter

Foolish child!
    How could I have ever forgotten who I believe was/is quite influential in bringing the Big Beat (a.k.a. Bossa Nova) to the new world....Sergio Mendes & 65, 66 and 77. He opened the doors for artists like, Milton Nascmiento, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Flora Purim, Carlos Veloso et. al. Sergio Mendes brought to this country his homelands Big Beat and infused our popular songs with it, as well as, introducing us to the popular songs and artists of Brazil. Even before Brazil 65, 66 and 7, he had his trios, which are marvelous in thier own as documents of and precursors to, what he had in mind. Also, how about his re-entry with the exquisite music of,'Brasiliero.' it is one of my DID's.
    O.K. Steve, here is my second request.
    Questions, Comments, Insults, anyone?

CIAOFORNOW,
    Clogs

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I'm a Sergio Mendes fan from WAY back.

The albums on A&M are amazing!

You can pick 'em up CHEAP too. No excuse not to get them all on LP!

If you wait around for the new CD versions, you're gonna have a long wait I'm afraid...:(

3. clogs

re-mastered

Steve,
    How about re-mastering them?
    I have Japanese imports on CD of the first four Brazil 66 albums. I also have a goodly amount of the vinyl versions. Still can't find a good pressing of stillnes though.
    How about doing Don Ellis at fillmore, also?

Clogs

4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Re: re-mastered

Get in line clogs. Even my girlfriend, after taking off the headphones, came to me the other day with one of her Marc Anthony cd's. Very sweetly she said, Could you ask Steve Hoffman to remaster this cd. I know he could make it sound better. I said get in line. Even my dad emailed Steve and asked him if he would remaster the early Stan Kenton recordings. It is surprising what a few of Steve's remasterings and a little education will do.:D

5. clogs

¿¡Oh man, How long is the line!? ¡YEEOOW!

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

My Mom got me into Sergio when I was a young boy! I thank her for that and the many other styles she introduced me to.
    There is a 2 CD best of set from England with great sound! I got it a few years back. I don't have it handy at the moment. It blew away any of the domestic CD releases.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.