USA's 'Treadstone'

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AVTechMan, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AVTechMan

AVTechMan Forum Resident Thread Starter

Saw the first episode last night (had it DVRd). Definitely has the feel of a Jason Bourne movie even though this is a TV series. Based on the series title it looks to take place around the first Bourne film. I guess they wanted to expand on the Treadstone project.

I thought the first ep was good, it will be interesting to see how future eps will pan out. Nice to hear some Bourne based music as well. I swear though one of the guys looked like RDJ but obviously it isn't.

Set to record the next one tonight. Anyone else seeing this?

2. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I enjoyed the first ep, mostly. An interesting take on the Treadstone technology & history. Lots of visual homages to the movies as well.

The dual timelines will undoubtedly be something that stays around. Wondering what role the British reporter will play ultimately.

3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

This just got added to Amazon Video. Ep1 as good as the Jack Ryan series.

4. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

This is a good show but it would be a be a lot better if Amazon included subtitles when they’re speaking German and Korean.

slovell likes this.
  5. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

Doesn't everybody speak German, Russian, and Korean??? :D

Brenald79 likes this.
  6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I'm just not getting any more empathy with any of the characters, to root for any of them. Two eps to go, and I feel the pace increasing towards the finale, but none of the excitement. Just getting a double dose of "tepid". Don't know why, but if I keep waking up in the middle of a scene, I should be learning something out of that.

7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I had to stop watching after 3 episodes due to no subtitles. The last episode was 40% not English. People are complaining about it on the Amazon Prime Twitter account.

Vidiot likes this.
  8. C4rl

C4rl Forum Resident

Strange, I watched it over the weekend and I had subtitles throughout all episodes and for all the varying languages :confused:

9. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Amazon here still hasn’t fixed the subtitles even though they’re showing a lot of commercials for it on cable tv.

10. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

What seems to be the problem with the subtitles? No burnt in subtitles, is that the deal? If so, what happens if you turn on the subtitle feature/button?
    I always have subtitles turned off, and there were nothing when they spoke german in the beginning. But once I turned it on, the subtitles appeared.

I'm just speculating

11. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

English Closed Captioning works but the English subtitles won’t work. I’ve gone into settings to select English subtitles. All other subtitle languages work. It’s a problem because by episode 2 there’s lengthy scenes in Korean, Russian, and German. The Amazon Prime Video Canada Twitter account has a discussion with people complaining about it. It must just be Canada where it’s not working.

12. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Ok. That's a big problem with a series like that. I hope they sort it out soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.